quitting smoking

2»

Comments

• venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    I didn't read your reply before I wrote mine. I really still can't believe that a book trumped everything else and it really is so easy, wish I had read it years before as it was recommented by a colleague who had given up with it and it sat on my kindle for a while before I read it.

I wish I'd read it sooner too. I can't believe it was the thing that actually worked for me. But it really does work! I could not recommend it higher. It put my mind in the right place and I've never looked back.
  • stripestripe Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like others ecig worked for me, but as said earlier many people just buy junk from the local shop that just doesnt do it and feels weak.

you do need something that hits the spot, i used a single 1.5ohm kanger coils, 2200ma battery. but there are so many liquids and setups it can be a bit hit and miss. a proper ecig shop best.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    This is what helps me.

Smoking isn't 1 habit. If you smoke 20 a day then you need to break 20 habits.

If you smoke 20 a day, you have 20 triggers a day that urge you to smoke.

List down those triggers and try to focus on each one.

For me, before I started work, before I went to bed, after a meal, after a coffee - etc etc.

I found focusing on each cigarette slowly got me to cut down and now I smoked so little. I still smoke but not at home or before lunchtime. I'm trying focus on the one when I leave work. The pub comes next.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champix prescribed by my GP worked for me. I did 2 sessions before I finally quit, but it was the best thing I ever did. (7 years ago now)!

Now I've turned into one of those weird reformed non smokers.........the smell of cigarette smoke makes me want to boak. When I pass people outside a shop etc., the smell is disgusting to me now.
    I can smell a smoker a mile off nowadays! :o