The Official Villa supporters thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh FFS its 1-1 now , if we can't win, we won't be going back up this season, it will be more like relegation

RDM needs to start putting a winning team together with the money that has been spent , the atmosphere will turn toxic again if it carries on
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Can we just shut down this club already? Disgrace to football.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My faith in RDM is fading rapidly. One win in seven, three consecutive home games in which we've taken the lead and then thrown it away in the second half, and that's after signing £50m worth of players.

What does he say at half time?
    Forum Member
    Yeah , i'm beginning to wonder if RDM is the right man now tbh , its not been good enough so far , the only excuse he has got is that the players need time to gel , if its the same in 3 or 4 more games he won't have any excuse imo
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I think there's something fundamentally wrong with our club. We've replaced the owner, several managers, several players, dropped down a league and yet we're the same typical depressing club who just collapses time and time again no matter who we play.

I'm done. Can't be bothered with it.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I think everyone faith for RDM is going especially as the majority of the goals we have conceded to draw games are in the 80th minute onwards

Lots of fans are starting to doubt his tactics especially with our team and I can't see him lasting much longer if we continue this way!

I'm struggling to support Villa at the moment as we have become a joke in football now!
    Forum Member
    Well another massive game for Villa this weekend against Ipswich!

A win is needed again so let's hope the players realise that games last for 90 minutes and not 80 minutes!
  • John_Adam1John_Adam1 Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ritchie De Laet is out for the whole of the rest of the season, apparently.
    He hadn't impressed me that much so far, but a sad loss none-the-less. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Well another massive game for Villa this weekend against Ipswich!

A win is needed again so let's hope the players realise that games last for 90 minutes and not 80 minutes!

I don't think we have a prayer of getting anything at Ipswich or at home next weekend against the toon. :cry:
    Forum Member
    John_Adam1 wrote: »
    Ritchie De Laet is out for the whole of the rest of the season, apparently.
    He hadn't impressed me that much so far, but a sad loss none-the-less. :(

:o:o:o:o , that means its back to having Hutton at RB

Ipswich have had an average start to the season , you can guarantee we will be the club they put that right against.

We are desperate for a win though
    Forum Member
    I'm dreading that game against Newcastle as they could win that 6-3 but it's for certain that Newcastle will win it and humiliate us!

Can things can any worse for Villa fans and the answer to that question is always yes in some way!
    Forum Member
    0-0 then , i can't work out if thats a good or bad result for Villa these days tbh , i suppose a point away is decent but it still doesnt fill me with confidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    0-0 then , i can't work out if thats a good or bad result for Villa these days tbh , i suppose a point away is decent but it still doesnt fill me with confidence.

I agree about the mixed feelings. I haven't seen or heard any of the game so can't comment on the performance, but if you'd offered me a point before the game I'd have taken it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A point I'd have been happy with if we were getting wins at home.
    Forum Member
    True as our results at home have let us down badly and the fact we can't keep a lead!

I hate to think what Newcastle will do to us in the next game which will keep us further away from the top of the table!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to think what Newcastle will do to us in the next game which will keep us further away from the top of the table!

Well they lost 2-0 at home against Wolves today, so nothing is certain and let's hope our boys are on their best form. You never know... ;)
    Forum Member
    Newcastle losing to Wolves this weekend makes me even more worried as Newcastle will come out against us wanting that win even more which could prove a disaster for Villa!
    Forum Member
    Im dreading 5:30pm as its going to be a massacre for Villa and my prediction is a Newcastle winning 6-3 against us!

I hate to say that but they are a different quality above us and a much better manager!
    Forum Member
    Im dreading 5:30pm as its going to be a massacre for Villa and my prediction is a Newcastle winning 6-3 against us!

I hate to say that but they are a different quality above us and a much better manager!

Yeah , tonights game is a real worry , who knows a win tonight could kick us on , but a loss will just mean more of a toxic atmosphere , more pressure on RDM and we are back where we were last year after the new owner has tried his best to put things right
    Forum Member
    I can't see anyway that we will win this game if we play like we have been earlier in the season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like with last week, it's not a point to be unhappy with...but it's now only 1 win in 9 and very lucky not to have lost.

Two tricky away matches in Barnsley and Preston in the next week...failure to beat either and I'd be astounded if RDM survives the international break.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will never work out how we came out of today's game with a point. :confused:
  • Sarah_Jones5Sarah_Jones5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a West Bromwich Albion fan I watched this on Sky Sports as my Dad wanted to watch and therefore had to record Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One as the second half clashed with Strictly and had too wait till it finished recording to watch it later but was surprised how bad Villa played, if my Dad watches the late game next Saturday I must remember to vote before I have even watched Strictly thankfully no vote this week.
    Forum Member
    I was happy with a point in the end but if we continue like this then it will just be a mid table finish for us in the championship!
    Forum Member
    I suppose coming back to get a point is better than leading and dropping 2 points , but i'm starting to wonder if we will ever win another game