Stephen
    Jade
    Jenna

Sterling

[F]Tom - PM[F]
    Gabrielle
    Nick
    [F]Katie[F]

Basically, I have decided to switch the teams around.

Week 9 is a complete guess (as most weeks are), especially for the outcome of the boardroom (though that last firing is based on inside knowledge, see my previous spoiler post).

All the info available is put into my prediction (boardroom clips and the Jenna/Stephen car clip even has 2 options).
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you wrong, that seems like a terrible final 6 bar 1 or 2
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Aww, I hope Laura doesn't go so soon :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a feeling that Jenna will make final 5.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    capekdeh wrote: »

Yes, the last new intro (which had 2 new Jenna entries and an old one from week 1) does seem to indicate that.

Though the intro is not the best of indicators, as I had my eye on Liz and Melody in the last 2 series and both featured strongly in the intro´s but neither made it to the final five.

My predictions are all guesswork and after Duane leaving I don´t think that anyone is safe (unless they have a great businessplan). There might not even be a double firing until week 10 (or perhaps it already happens next week).

The only thing I do know, unless it was a smokescreen, is that
    Katie
    does not make it to the final few tasks (and could go even earlier). There was made a mention of it having been shot in September/October last year and I am pretty certain that the last few tasks take place in the first week of November (so that candidate is not there anymore).

One of the few cases where I hope that my detective skills will be laughed at afterwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »

I recall reading an article about Jenna in her local paper (now removed from the web, so must have been relevant).
    Her employees said that she was away for "a few weeks" and that they only knew it was for the Apprentice much later.
    I would have thought that if Jenna had been away for more than 4 weeks, they would have said "over a month" or even "several weeks", but maybe I'm reading too much into their choice of words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    I would have thought that if Jenna had been away for more than 4 weeks, they would have said "over a month" or even "several weeks", but maybe I'm reading too much into their choice of words.

Means nothing, who says they don't film the whole series in 3 weeks solid?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Means nothing, who says they don't film the whole series in 3 weeks solid?

According to wiki, it takes about 2 months.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to wiki, it takes about 2 months.

There are about 3 days per task, sometimes longer for treats etc. so I'd go for about 4 days per task x 12 = 48 tasks which is about 1 1/2 months, so I think that that's more than a few weeks.

But maybe its because I'm panicking at the thought of Jenna making the Final Five! ;)
    Forum Member
    I think it's been said before that they film roughly 2 tasks a week and get Sunday off.
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    There are about 3 days per task, sometimes longer for treats etc. so I'd go for about 4 days per task x 12 = 48 tasks which is about 1 1/2 months, so I think that that's more than a few weeks.

Yes, I think it starts at the tail end of September and goes on until the first week of November (last year task 10 was on the 29th or 30th of October, due to that twitter pic of Jim and Susan, so this year they might have started a few days later).

But maybe its because I'm panicking at the thought of Jenna making the Final Five! ;)

Totally can see it happening in a Natasha sort of way (even winning as PM at the same stage that Natasha did for the first time).

Think that the final five will be 3 women / 2 men or the other way around. At the moment I can see which men have the potential to get there (Tom, Nick, Ricky), but for the women this is very unclear (Katie, Gabrielle and Laura have already had 2 strikes in the boardroom, while Jenna and Jade fly heavily under the rader).

Mind you, for a potential female winner (or winner in general) it is good to avoid that finale boardroom at all cost (Michelle had few boardroom appearances if I recall correctly, Yasmina only had sandalwoodgate and Stella was only there in the final 2 tasks). According to that logic the only potential female winners are Jade or Jenna (Katie and Laura definitely wind up in that boardroom again and I can´t see Gabrielle avoiding it either).
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Boardroom Appearances

Tim - 1*
    Michelle - 1
    Simon - 1
    Lee - 0
    Yasmina - 1
    Stella - 2
    Tom - 3

*Tim would be 2, as he lost as PM in Week 4, but Adele comitted seppuku before the Final Boardroom
    Forum Member
    Mind you, for a potential female winner (or winner in general) it is good to avoid that finale boardroom at all cost (Michelle had few boardroom appearances if I recall correctly, Yasmina only had sandalwoodgate and Stella was only there in the final 2 tasks). According to that logic the only potential female winners are Jade or Jenna (Katie and Laura definitely wind up in that boardroom again and I can´t see Gabrielle avoiding it either).
    How are you certain Katie and Laura end up in the boardroom again? I'm guessing Laura is from that BR clip of her shaking her head with no one standing behind her? That might not necessarily have been her in the final boardroom because it looks like she's sitting in the pre-results PM seat, so if she PMed a team of 4, no one would have been behind her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Final Boardroom Appearances

Tim - 1*
    Michelle - 1
    Simon - 1
    Lee - 0
    Yasmina - 1
    Stella - 2
    Tom - 3

*Tim would be 2, as he lost as PM in Week 4, but Adele comitted seppuku before the Final Boardroom

Looking at the more recent trend, especially last year when they changed the prize to a business investment, it would seem that the more often a candidate survives the BR, the more likely s/he would make the final. This bodes well for Ricky, Katie, Laura and Gabrielle.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the more recent trend, especially last year when they changed the prize to a business investment, it would seem that the more often a candidate survives the BR, the more likely s/he would make the final. This bodes well for Ricky, Katie, Laura and Gabrielle.

I don't think that's overall true of a finallist (if we're counting the final 2), but it's possibly true of a winner. If we take the combined Boardroom appearances of the Final Two we get :

Series 1 : 4*
    Series 2: 5
    Series 3: 2
    Series 4 : 5
    Series 5 : 3
    Series 6: 5
    Series 7 : 4

I can't see any real trend there. What might be true is that Lordalan used to pull in someone who he regarded as a risk, with lots of Boardroom Appearances, who he ultimately rejected. What the prize change might have altered is that Lordalan now feels able to take that risk (Tom was the first winner ever to have been in the boardroom more than the runner-up) although I don't know if we pick a trend out for sure after only one person.

I know there's an argument (usually prompted by how he fired Paul Tulip in Series 2) that having been in the Boardroom a few times by the time interviews roll around is an advantage, because he "knows who you are". I would disagree, and I don't think the numbers bear this out either. Helen had fewer BR appearances than either Susan or Jim. Stella had fewer BR appearances than Stuart, the same as Jamie, and Joanna took herself out effectively with her interview performance. Both Kate and Yasmina had fewer BW appearances than anyone else at interviews as did Simon & Kristina. Lee had fewer BR appearances than anyone else at interviews. I don't see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I don't think that's overall true of a finallist (if we're counting the final 2), but it's possibly true of a winner. If we take the combined Boardroom appearances of the Final Two we get :

Series 1 : 4*
    Series 2: 5
    Series 3: 2
    Series 4 : 5
    Series 5 : 3
    Series 6: 5
    Series 7 : 4

I can't see any real trend there. What might be true is that Lordalan used to pull in someone who he regarded as a risk, with lots of Boardroom Appearances, who he ultimately rejected. What the prize change might have altered is that Lordalan now feels able to take that risk (Tom was the first winner ever to have been in the boardroom more than the runner-up) although I don't know if we pick a trend out for sure after only one person.

I know there's an argument (usually prompted by how he fired Paul Tulip in Series 2) that having been in the Boardroom a few times by the time interviews roll around is an advantage, because he "knows who you are". I would disagree, and I don't think the numbers bear this out either. Helen had fewer BR appearances than either Susan or Jim. Stella had fewer BR appearances than Stuart, the same as Jamie, and Joanna took herself out effectively with her interview performance. Both Kate and Yasmina had fewer BW appearances than anyone else at interviews as did Simon & Kristina. Lee had fewer BR appearances than anyone else at interviews. I don't see it.

I would tend to agree. The Paul Tulip case was that Sir Alan was confused because Nick and Margaret had given him positive feedback on Paul throughout the ten weeks and then the interviewers gave him terrible feedback on Paul at the interviews. Sir Alan simply didn't know whether he was good or bad because he had never really known Paul due to his lack of final boardroom appearances.

The opposite was true for Lee (The only other candidate at the interviews never to be brought back to the Final Boardroom) Lee got relatively positive reports back (apart from the lying incident) and this largely tallied with what Nick and Margaret had said.

So, final boardroom appearances, for me, have no bearing on whether they get to the final or not. I think in most cases, its simply down to how that candidate performs in the interviews.
    At the moment, it is difficult to predict what will happen beyond next week, so, in my opinion, the Final Five/Four can only be judged by how the edits of gone and the audience's perception of the candidates.

With this in mind I think the Final Five will be:

Nick (Consistently positive edits)
    Katie (Following a redemption arc)
    Tom (Hurled himself into contention with his PM win and has been portrayed positively so far)
    Jade (Someone being given a winner's edit, imo. She's been contributing to tasks positively for the last few weeks without being overly in-your-face positive, like Jim at the start of last year)
    Ricky (Seen as the Stuart/Syed/Tre etc. of the series)

But Sherlock Holmes, of course, thinks Katie won't make it that far, so I'm not sure atm.

I think (hope!) that we'll get more intro clips next week which will make the long-term viability of a lot of the candidates a lot clearer.

Btw, I've looked at the next week preview several times and I do think that Lord Sugar's comment and the firing is directed towards the PM. As we know Jenna and Adam are the PMs and Jenna is safe until the Stephen clip, so to me, I think that Adam will finally get the boot next week. I may just celebrate! ;)
    Forum Member
    So, final boardroom appearances, for me, have no bearing on whether they get to the final or not. I think in most cases, its simply down to how that candidate performs in the interviews.

Well, for me it is important. Especially if you are already on 2 boardroom appearances in the first half of the series (ALL of Stella´s and Tom´s boardroom appearances were in week 8 or later).

But Sherlock Holmes, of course, thinks Katie won't make it that far, so I'm not sure atm.

I HOPE that she makes it that far, but if her father says that it was filmed in September/October last year then I have my doubts.

I think (hope!) that we'll get more intro clips next week which will make the long-term viability of a lot of the candidates a lot clearer.

Yes, hopefully from those representing street artists and sparkling wine tasks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see Tom being kept for the wine task, to see whether he can keep up his reputation from the rest of the competition in his own field.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haz_cat wrote: »
    I can see Tom being kept for the wine task, to see whether he can keep up his reputation from the rest of the competition in his own field.

Yeah I can see him being PM for that task then getting fired for losing
    Forum Member
    Hey, guys, I don't think Adam goes this week because according to this tweet, he's currently in China and YF was taped this afternoon.

EDIT: Further digging found a tweet naming this week's loser:

Ofc, this isn't concrete, but if true then the PM survives yet another week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Hey, guys, I don't think Adam goes this week because according to this tweet, he's currently in China and YF was taped this afternoon.

EDIT: Further digging found a tweet naming this week's loser:

Ofc, this isn't concrete, but if true then the PM survives yet another week.

That second one is just someone asking if he got fired. That Adam tweet is very worrying, though. :( PLEASE SAY HE GETS FIRED SOON! :(
    Forum Member
    That second one is just someone asking if he got fired. That Adam tweet is very worrying, though. :( PLEASE SAY HE GETS FIRED SOON! :(

The tweet seems to have been deleted, but the tweeter did say they just got back and thought it was great to see Dara & Azhar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, with Adam or Azhar set to go next week, I'm going to have a go at predicting the teams for Week 7. Week 7 will definitely have new teams. Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that someone bought saw the Apprentice being filmed with mops and fake tan being sold. The date for this was 26th October. With the Edinburgh task on 23rd October, it is obviously Task 7 and the description of the task involved mops and fake tan (for the reinvestment task).
    The poster said that Ricky, Stephen and Katie were on the same team. With Stephen also joining Jenna soon, I think this is the new Team Sterling.
    My theory is:

Phoenix

Tom
    Nick
    Jade
    Laura
    Adam/Azhar

Sterling

Ricky
    Stephen
    Katie
    Jenna
    Gabrielle

So Stephen and Katie swap teams with Laura and Nick. It would completely reshuffle the teams. Unfortunately, with the Jenna/Stephen intro clip the evidence we have beyond next week, this is guesswork for now. I hope that intro clips next week will confirm candidates getting further and perhaps an indication of what future tasks will be. Assuming the format remains the same, we have four tasks after week 7 and two of them will be representing street artists and promoting sparkling wine. I think (hope!) another will be Scavenger Hunt, but for now that's unclear.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for me it is important. Especially if you are already on 2 boardroom appearances in the first half of the series (ALL of Stella´s and Tom´s boardroom appearances were in week 8 or later).

I agree it is important and only series 7 is relevant imo since the prize change. The candidates with the most boardroom appearances before being hired/fired in that series were Tom and Susan. And who did Sir Alan invest in? Tom and Susan.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    The tweet seems to have been deleted, but the tweeter did say they just got back and thought it was great to see Dara & Azhar.

I saw that tweet too before it was deleted