Options

ray donovan season 1 sky Atlantic (uk pace)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terry and Bunchy are indeed Ray's brothers, however Terry didn't tell Bunchy about the settlement money or abuse that led to it.

So Terry got settlement money as well as Bunchy? Are they all brothers for different mothers because none of them look remotely alike? Mickey is one of the most amoral characters ever written.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    So Terry got settlement money as well as Bunchy? Are they all brothers for different mothers because none of them look remotely alike? Mickey is one of the most amoral characters ever written.
    And I'm guessing Jon Voight is enjoying every minute he plays the part of Mickey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    And I'm guessing Jon Voight is enjoying every minute he plays the part of Mickey.

He's brillliant. I'm very surprised this show wasn't nominated for any Emmy Awards. Especially Voight and Schreiber. The whole cast are terrific.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I'm very surprised this show wasn't nominated for any Emmy Awards.

The show just started on June 30. The eligibility period for this year's Emmys is "June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2013."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    The show just started on June 30. The eligibility period for this year's Emmys is "June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2013."

That's what I thought. Shame they didn't start it a few days earlier because it would have swept the boards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know. They don't look alike so I do wonder if Mickey's wife was very tolerant and took in the kids of his mistresses when he was running around playing the criminal. Ray, Bunchy and Terry do not look alike and since Terry is the only who seems to have a nerve disorder, I'm not sure if it's hereditary, from his drinking or from boxing. Maybe a little of all three.

Bunchy was not abused. Terry was. Ray was too. However Ray got away from the family after Bridget's apparent suicide and didn't pursue any action. Ray tried to live it down instead. Only Terry got anything. Hence why Bunchy didn't know and didn't get a 1.4 million dollar cheque.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.

Bunchy was not abused. Terry was. Hence why Bunch didn't know and didn't get a 1.4 million dollar cheque.

Hang on. I thought Bunchy was the ginger haired guy? He got the cheque for 1.4m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on. I thought Bunchy was the ginger haired guy? He got the cheque for 1.4m.

... No, Terry did and he showed it to Bunchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Bunchy is the red haired brother played by Dash Mihok. He picked up the cheque with Ray in the lawyers office.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunchy is the red haired brother played by Dash Mihok. He picked up the cheque with Ray in the lawyers office.

I know who he is. I've watched all the episode three to five times so far. I'm trying to keep track of the history as best I can. I'm wondering if Bridget will be mentioned again or if she was just part of the pilot and won't play into the plot in the long term.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know who he is. I've watched all the episode like three times so far.

So why did you say it was Terry got the cheque?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know who he is. I've watched all the episode three to five times so far. I'm trying to keep track of the history as best I can. I'm wondering if Bridget will be mentioned again or if she was just part of the pilot and won't play into the plot in the long term.

I think you need to watch the episode a 6th time and pay attention this time. :D;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Terry owns the gym and is training their half brother, Daryll. He has Parkinson's, the same thing Muhammad Ali has. He got it from taking a pummelling during his boxing career. Loved it when he knocked out the ******** in the bar. So he still packs a punch.:D

Bunchy is the taller brother who was in therapy and went with Ray to get his settlement cheque.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Are we meant to know what happened between Mickey and Ezra Goodman (Elliott Gould) or is that yet to come out?
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I,ve just realised that Avi is played by Stephen Bauer, he has changed since his Scarface days , still a good actor ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry owns the gym and is training their half brother, Daryll. He has Parkinson's, the same thing Muhammad Ali has. He got it from taking a pummelling during his boxing career. Loved it when he knocked out the ******** in the bar. So he still packs a punch.:D

Bunchy is the taller brother who was in therapy and went with Ray to get his settlement cheque.

... Maybe I missed something but I assumed Ray and Bunchy went because Terry was too ashamed. I also thought the abuse was why he's so strange and suspicious when it comes to female relationships and has been so awkward with Brooke, not taking credit for anything that has been someone else's idea.

I must have misunderstood, although that makes Bunchy's interaction with his black half brother where he bullies Daryll and then tries to play nice like when he pushed him in a pool take on a slightly more sinister undertone.

It seems like all the cable shows rotate the same people in roles, Avi was Don Eladio in Breaking Bad, Abby was in Lie To Me as Lightman's mother, Deadwood as Trixie and Sons of Anarchy as Maureen... I think CSI is like the graduating test before any actor gets a show on PPV cable.

Wait... holy crap, Avi is Manuel from Scarface? He's a lot broader bodied now, must lift more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Maybe I missed something but I assumed Ray and Bunchy went because Terry was too ashamed. I also thought the abuse was why he's so strange and suspicious when it comes to female relationships and has been so awkward with Brooke, not taking credit for anything that has been someone else's idea.

I must have misunderstood, although that makes Bunchy's interaction with his black half brother where he bullies Daryll and then tries to play nice like when he pushed him in a pool take on a slightly more sinister undertone.

It seems like all the cable shows rotate the same people in roles, Avi was Don Eladio in Breaking Bad, Abby was in Lie To Me as Lightman's mother, Deadwood as Trixie and Sons of Anarchy as Maureen... I think CSI is like the graduating test before any actor gets a show on PPV cable.

That's why Bunchy goes to the support group for men who were abused as children. Why else would he go there? Are you sure you've seen each episode 5 times? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why Bunchy goes to the support group for men who were abused as children. Why else would he go there? Are you sure you've seen each episode 5 times? :D

3 to 5 for each... I thought the support group was for his drinking problem and because of Mickey and Bridget.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My flabber is gasted. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    3 to 5 for each... I thought the support group was for his drinking problem and because of Mickey and Bridget.
    What's Ray's Daughter got to do with any support group.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I think he's really been watching Everyone Loves Raymond :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bridget was also his sister, wasn't it? The one that jumped off the roof...?

So thematically that will connect with why he will be so cautious of Marvin and her having a relationship and any potential abuse as suggested in the "this season on Ray Donovan" clips?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bridget was also his sister, wasn't it? The one that jumped off the roof...?

So thematically that will connect with why he will be so cautious of Marvin and her having a relationship and any potential abuse as suggested in the "this season on Ray Donovan" clips?
    Bridget was - but I still don't get what it's got to do with the 'abused' support group, with Mickey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When did this happen? I can't remember Bunchy pushing Daryll into any pool. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When did this happen? I can't remember Bunchy pushing Daryll into any pool. :confused:

I'm telling you. He's watching Everyone Loves Raymond. He's got his Raymonds mixed up. :D