Options

The President's chair

How come the campmates expressed their disgust that Martin chose to sit in the chair (that was sainted to Sir Larry) yet on tonigh'ts show, all of them have sat in it. Yet another chance to have a go at Martin?

Comments

• Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec had made it clear anybody could sit in it...the bullies just made their own proviso.
  • Options
    DippydollyDippydolly Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed the sly look from Scarlett when Martin commented on the larry ephigy
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    What annoyed me about Wayne's rant is that he complained that Martin was glad that Larry was gone. Why would he be sad about it when it was obvious that Larry didn't like him? Just crazy shit. Larry firmly held the power in that camp.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I heard Ant and Dec say it was up for anyone to sit on it. Which makes the comments from the other campmates all the more vindictive against Martin
  • Options
    M_C3M_C3 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    re cherry wrote: »
    How come the campmates expressed their disgust that Martin chose to sit in the chair (that was sainted to Sir Larry) yet on tonigh'ts show, all of them have sat in it. Yet another chance to have a go at Martin?

This year was terrible with bullying and all bullies got away with that. Martin is a nice person and he didnt complain but he shoud
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    It was Wayne, the snidey little git, that instigated 'St Larry's' chair stuff and like sheep they jumped on board

On last nights show they were all sitting on it again at some point :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    It was Wayne, the snidey little git, that instigated 'St Larry's' chair stuff and like sheep they jumped on board

On last nights show they were all sitting on it again at some point :(

Be careful..there are some on here who are very precious about what Wayne is called whilst being hypocrites about us supporting Martin ;-)
  • Options
    Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noones going to be able to sit on larrys chair for future series now
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was childish and pathetic. Mob mentality. I hope when they are all out and have had time to reflect on their behaviour they are ashamed of how they behaved.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    So everybody was wrong about Martin? I didn't see bullying, I saw an entire group of people pressing one individual to understand that some of his words and actions were unacceptable to the group - and eventually he must have got the message because the group became far more tolerant of him.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    So everybody was wrong about Martin? I didn't see bullying, I saw an entire group of people pressing one individual to understand that some of his words and actions were unacceptable to the group - and eventually he must have got the message because the group became far more tolerant of him.

Isn't that called pack mentality? Or, to fit in one must conform to what a certain group considers the norm - the way they act or say things?
    I wouldn't go down that route to suit a bunch of folk hanging off
    the arse of their exalted leader.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hope somebody reminds Martin to thank them for tolerating him; patronising at its best
  • Options
    Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Clueless.
  • Options
    FunboyFandangoFunboyFandango Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like suggesting they draw straws for the trial? Or telling the camp what happened when he and Larry were on the dingo dollar challenge? Those unacceptable words? Sitting in a chair everyone is allowed to sit in except him? That unacceptable action? Or maybe the fact he didn't display the right amount of sorrow over Larry's departure that the group expected? Even though Larry made no secret he despised Martin. It was classic groupthink scapegoating. One of my favourites was the stawgate incident where we cut to the other campmates in the hut one by one saying that Martin "doesn't know he's doing it". Doing what exactly?? Making a suggestion? Who the hell does he think he is? Making a suggestion. They were basically following Larrys lead when he nearly bit Martins head off for suggesting the drawing of straws. It was absurd.

I don't feel strongly about Martin one way or the other, but it's clear as day there was one rule for him and one rule for everybody else in there (perfect example being when he got a public dressing down by Danny for not collecting water, whilst not a word was said to Adam who was also responsible for collecting water). Poor guy must have been walking on eggshells 24/7 for fear of doing or saying something Larry would deem unacceptable, and then have the whole camp on his back again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like suggesting they draw straws for the trial? Or telling the camp what happened when he and Larry were on the dingo dollar challenge? Those unacceptable words? Sitting in a chair everyone is allowed to sit in except him? That unacceptable action? Or maybe the fact he didn't display the right amount of sorrow over Larry's departure that the group expected? Even though Larry made no secret he despised Martin. It was classic groupthink scapegoating. One of my favourites was the stawgate incident where we cut to the other campmates in the hut one by one saying that Martin "doesn't know he's doing it". Doing what exactly?? Making a suggestion? Who the hell does he think he is? Making a suggestion. They were basically following Larrys lead when he nearly bit Martins head off for suggesting the drawing of straws. It was absurd.

I don't feel strongly about Martin one way or the other, but it's clear as day there was one rule for him and one rule for everybody else in there (perfect example being when he got a public dressing down by Danny for not collecting water, whilst not a word was said to Adam who was also responsible for collecting water). Poor guy must have been walking on eggshells 24/7 for fear of doing or saying something Larry would deem unacceptable, and then have the whole camp on his back again.

Well said. The article today said that in the DCC, Larry pushed Martin out the way and said " get out the way you effing t**t. Martin also states that off camera, again, Larry called Martin a porker and said he could do without a few meals. Larry of course denies this. Had we not witnessed what we did, who knows who we would have believed. Carol talking about a lot that went on we didn't see....yep
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    oh I thought only the president could sit in the chair