Theory based on watching the preview and trailer for part 2

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I also noticed the 2 figures behind TD with their hands covering their faces.

However, I thought they looked very short so I think they were children, The Doctor and The Master when they were children on Gallifrey perhaps?
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erener wrote: »
    However, I thought they looked very short so I think they were children, The Doctor and The Master when they were children on Gallifrey perhaps?

I think they were kneeling.

I am loving the theory that The Doc destroyed the Time Lords not as a sacrifice to destroy the Daleks but because they became equally as evil.

As for the Woman in White 'hiding' inside Wilf and the other Time Lords 'hiding' inside the Master's head, I'm feeling that's a bit far-fetched.

I'm not good at filling in gaps, but the Ood said that "events that have happened are happening now", and one of these events could be the last day of the Time War...but its hard to imagine how Ten and Wilf could fit into this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Having seen both trailers im just considering the possibility that
    It's The Doctor who kills wilf ...in the first trailer we see 10 spinning around with gun in hand and in the second trailer we see wilf standing right behind 10 supposedly in the same setting/surroundings as in first trailer
    Of course i could just be adding 2 and 2 to make 5 but this could still happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ktach20 wrote: »
    Having seen both trailers im just considering the possibility that
    It's The Doctor who kills wilf ...in the first trailer we see 10 spinning around with gun in hand and in the second trailer we see wilf standing right behind 10 supposedly in the same setting/surroundings as in first trailer
    Of course i could just be adding 2 and 2 to make 5 but this could still happen!

Most likely Wilf who is giving him the gun. it's possible that the Doc doesn't shoot (remember what he said at the end of The Doctors Daughter. "i never would" as in he would never kill. he would lose himself. although ecclestons doc didn't seem that bothered!) which could result in the master getting him first causing the regeneration. Could be that the timelord with his hands over his face could then step up and be revealed as Matt Smith, who merges into the doctor (like Tom Bakers regeneration with the watcher) becoming doc 11. Also
    looking at the clip where the doc points the gun, the woman on the telly talking to wilf is in the background, she's a timelord!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    it does look a lot like her doesnt it!
    Im a little uncertain whether the timelord covering his face is matt smith because the timelords would have known he was the doctor and if he was with them all this time they wouldnt be looking for him unless they were absolutely certain he was a later incarnation
    im still not sure about the gun scene with 10 though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    The new preview clip (e.g. the beginning of part 2) shows Gallifrey in pieces with Dalek flying saucers crashed all around the Citadel dome. I take it this is the moments just before the doctor ended the Time War.
    This could mean that the Doctor has to cross his own time line to change something, causing the reapers to come and kill him or something like that ?!?!
    I think the Woman in White could have possibly been one of the timelords covering their faces. Unlikely to be Matt, too unlike the other regenerations in New Who and would confuse younger viewers.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sound of the drums are quite possibly all the Timelords' heartbeats stored up and beating within The Master
    You could be right there, because
    remember Donna heard "Doc 10.5's" heartbeat before he was created, so perhaps The Master was storing up all the Time Lords and it needed another spark to bring them back...cue The Immortality Gate...

But the problem is that they've been stored in The Master for too long and have adopted his "evilness".