The UNKNOWN Factor - Battle Rounds

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Well there we go thats all of the battle from Team Steve. So Steve its now the tough time for you and your helper. You have gotta make some hard decisions tonight and post the acts your taking to judges houses.

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was hoping my helper would be on here tonight as well but I'm not sure where he's gone to.

The first battle was a hard choice and I'm certain whoever I choose, the other one will be stolen by another judge...but the first act I'm taking to Judges Houses is...
    Aquile!

Sorry Revelation but it was a hard choice. :(

This second battle was a tough one, but the second act I'm taking with me is...
    2 Steel Girls!

Sorry Ewelina, but I wish you the best of luck.

This one was a great battle, but the third act I'm choosing for judges houses is...
    Paige Turley!

Sorry Anthony, but I'm sure one of the other judges will steal you.

This is a definite decision, the 4th act joining me is...
    Lascel Wood!

Sorry Derry, but I wish you every success. :(

This one was another definite choice, the next act joining me is...
    Jonny Taylor!

Sorry Kylee, but Jonny was the better singer overall.

Now for the rock stars...also joining me for judges houses is...
    Atle Pettersen!

Sorry Marcin, but it was a hard choice for me on this one. :(

Now between Hope and Gabriel, I think I've made the right choice here and the lucky 7th act I'm taking with me is...
    Hope Murphy!

This was very hard to choose but Hope pipped Gabriel to the post.

And now for my hardest decision here...I believe that one of them will definitely be stolen by another judge. I'm gonna take a risk and say that the final act joining me for judges houses is...
    The Mend!

Sorry Lyric 145, but I hope you get saved.

And that completes my Team of 8! :cool:
    Forum Member
    Well there we have Team Steve for his judges houses. I am gutted that Derry Mensah and Lyric 145 have been sent home and I secretly hoping that Lyric 145 get stole by someone :p. So judges again you have 24 hours to make a steal of any of the acts Steve has sent home. So as soon as Kev and Barry are ready and have sent their songs in we will find out who their are taking to their judges house :)
    Forum Member
    Join us tonight around 8:00 when Team Kevin will do battle to try to win a place at his judges home
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the other judges will be saving their steal cards as well it seems. ;)
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here :D
    Forum Member
    Good evening DS forum, so after a few weeks the auduions finished and the select panel was revealed along with the decisions which meant that the entire teams were revealed.

Tonight Kevin and his team will go to battle to try to win places in the live shows. So lets welcome Kevin and his team of contestants
    Andrew Garcia
    Zoe Birkett
    Leona Philippo
    Paige Thomas
    Eimear Sheridan
    Sandra Van Nieuwland
    Austin Carroll
    Alex Newell
    Matt and Suleen
    Good Question
    Misha B
    Mayanoa Schneider
    Zinno
    Adam Martin
    Karolina Charko
    Joe Moore

So Kevin you here and ready to go?

Like I said, only Kevin needs to comment tonight but if any of the other judges want to comment feel free :)
    Forum Member
    So Kevin like the others, now its your turn to reveal your helper :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assisting me with my battles and the decisions I had to make, I had the excellent _NiallDEE_.
    Forum Member
    Well welcome on board Niall. It has been a while since we were working together on any game, so its nice to have you on board.

So lets get started with the first of tonights massive battles so we welcome to the stage Zoe Birkett and Paige Thomas singing Gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwHtaCTEitE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paige and Zoe: I decided to go for this song because I think it really represents the both of you as artists, you're not quite full R & B but at the same time, there is definitely some sort of bluesiness about each of you. I thought that you gave a beautiful performance, it was really heartfelt and raw and you really stood out. I think Zoe, you're probably a stronger singer and can really hit the big notes but I think that as a performer, you have more depth Paige. This is such a difficult decision because I think each of you would bring something different to my team and I really hope somebody steals the one that I send home as you're both so talented.
    Forum Member
    Well if thats anything to go by tonight Kevin and Niall are in for some extremely hard decisions tonight. It was such a good battle and I hope that Leona Philippo and Mayanoa Schneider are able to match up to this and put on another strong battle singing Always Alright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IynzsSy3WKg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona and Mayanoa: WOW! That was an amazing battle girls, you don't seem like the most obvious pairing because Leona, you're a soul diva whereas Mayanoa is a rock chick however I think that what makes you two work so well together is that you're individually very different but have a similar husky tone which means you were able to bring something different to the battle with this song. Maynoa, this track suited your rock vocals, whereas Leona really brought out the soul in her voice in this performance. I couldn't be prouder of the both of you and once again, you're making my decision so much harder.
    Forum Member
    Well as Kevin said wow girls you are not making this an easy night for your mentor lol :p. Tha was yet another fantastic performance and we are only 2 battles in. Hoping that this battle will be another fierce but amazing battle is Good Question and Misha B singing Big Dreamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFrz2cFZy8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha B and Good Question: Again, what the hell do I choose to separate you two acts? You were both so brilliant, I think in terms of style, you're quite similar as Misha you obviously have that soul but you have a real edge as well, something totally different to the norm which sets you apart and girls, one of you brings the urban vocals, one of you brings the quirky rapping, I loved that performance. It was so energetic and you definitely brought the most energy and performance skills to the battle rounds of all the battles so far, honestly, at times it felt like I was watching an incredible three piece rather than a battle, you were able to really gel together well. Couldn't be prouder of you both!
    Forum Member
    Specifically with this battle Kevin I don't envy you and Niall at all having to try to separate you two. That is gonna be one very tough decision that you have to make. Now Eimear Sheridan and Sandra Van Nieuwland have a hell of a job if they are to follow that, but trust me they will singing Echo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sM4Ofi5JVI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eimear and Sandra: This was an amazing battle, Eimear what I loved about you in your first audition was the emotional connection with the song, Sandra with you it was all about how you interpreted a dance song and made it sound so sexy and so different. I decided to give you this Foxes track because although it has a sort of indie pop feel, there's something really epic about the song, it had a moment and you both absolutely grabbed the opportunity and blew the roof off. I don't know how I'm going to choose because you're both incredible but whatever happens, I was incredibly proud of the two of you.
    Forum Member
    Well done to both ladies you had a tough time following Misha and Good Question but you came out here and gave an equally good performance which of course piles the pressure onto you mentor tonight to make the right decision. So hoping to continue with such a high standard of performances aacross the first 3 battle rounds is Austin Caroll & Matt and Sueleen who are tackling Billie Jean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCbIN99-Eo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austin Caroll and Matt & Sueleen: I knew as soon as I got both of you on my team that this was a definite pairing. I thought it was an incredible performance, you each brought something different to the song. Austin, your solo sections was very strong and your bluesy folk vocals were really interesting but Mattleen, you really came into your own on the harmonies, your harmonies were tight. I decided to go for this song to show how you're both such distinctive artists as you made that iconic track sound like you three had just written it. I was immensely proud of you both!
    Forum Member
    And that was another fantastic battle. Seriously I dont know what way your mentor will go tonight with his decisions. You have a pretty tough job tonight Kev. So adding to the pressure of making the decisions harder is Alex Newell and Zinno singing One Day At A Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DbNFpFh04
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex and Zinno: Again, I don't think people will have been expecting this pairing but I saw a bit of soul in your voice beyond the beautiful bluesy rendition of Skinny Love that you gave Zinno. I think it's important that I try and gave you something that could fit each of your respective styles so I chose this, the soulful element of the song was perfect for you Alex but at the same time, it wasn't too demanding so you were able to bring your own style to it Zinno. I thought it was a great battle and I know that whichever guy I bring through, both of you were amazing and are destined for great things.
    Forum Member
    Well that may have been a bit of a surprise for some people but what wasnt a surprise was that fact that you both sounded amazing. But moivng on we now have our penultimate performance and we welcome Karolina Charko nad Andrew Garcia singing Wicked Games

Andrew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfF-qQT__s4
    Karolina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9AoI11cSc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karolina Charko and Andrew Garcia: If you don't mind me saying, that was absolutely wicked! I would never have imagined that you would be able to pull off a Weeknd song with such ease but it was an amazing performance, you're such great vocalists and I'm absolutely certain that both of you would have every chance of going very far in this competition. In fact, I would love, as with the rest of my pairings if I could take you both through. I think that each of you brought something different to the performance, Karolina with your beautiful bluesy tone and Andrew with your husky vocals, it was a match made in heaven!
    Forum Member
    Well you guys certainly kept up the energy level and the level of enthusiasm and quality of the performance. But last up form team Kev and certainly not the least we welcome to the stage Adam Martin and Joe Moore singing Anna Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDVW81bXo0s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Martin and Joe Moore: That was an amazing performance guys! I felt that going down the indie route with you two was the best option, you both have really unique voices and I love how different your voices are yet how well they blended together on this song. This track has a bit of emotion but it also has a real anthemic feel and I think that you both grasped that perfectly, I was really impressed and I really think you have made my decision even harder.