Options

[Game] X-factor vs The Voice Live Show 1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Jacka`s comment

Olly Murs
    Olly! That was actually a really good song from you on a DS Game! We never, ever see good stuff from you on here and that really suited you. I could imagine you singing that at a concert. Great work tonight, and I hope you continue to improve and prove everybody wrong – that Olly Murs CAN do well on DS!
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that your told a story so well tonight, you really got into the theme. You're not an easy act to mentor, I gather, so im very intrigued to what your mentor is gonna do with you in the coming weeks. But for the first live show, good start tonight!
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly, I love you. You're such a talented singer and that song was risky but it totally payed off. I look forward to enjoying your performance every week.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olly, what a few months you're having, you've been involved in several games as of late and so far, you're doing well on one and now you're on here too. I think this was a good song choice from your mentor, but my suggestion for you is to keep being given contemporary songs and cover of them, because you could be a wildcard among the acts we've seen so far tonight. You should be safe though, so well done.
  • Options
    justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Great Performance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great comments for Olly. If you want him to be safe, vote for him when the line`s open!!

Next is a girl who is in love with a boy called Tim. She`s our little cutie...It`s Frances Wood!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMVy1XYXPRQ
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Jacka`s comment

Olly Murs
    Olly! That was actually a really good song from you on a DS Game! We never, ever see good stuff from you on here and that really suited you. I could imagine you singing that at a concert. Great work tonight, and I hope you continue to improve and prove everybody wrong – that Olly Murs CAN do well on DS!

I'm guessing he doesn't ever look at other games then because I've Got Class recently mentored him on EOS' game The Twist Factor and sorry but her mentoring of him > Small Bump
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe this song choice really suited you and you did a good job. Not my favourite performance but you should be here next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jacka`s comment

Frances Wood
    I saw the words Taylor Swift and ran far away. Then I came back, and listened. I’m not quite sure that suited your voice but it was a good effort. I’d like to see you do something in your style next time. It seemed a bit too young for you, and maybe you should have went for something a bit more upbeat? Just a suggestion, but it was good.

Kuda`s comment

Frances
    Hey Ms Frances! I thought that was an okay performance, I liked the vocals but it just lacked that bit of energy I expected from you, but overall I don't think it was a bad performance and I think you'll be saved by your fans tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances Wood singing country is like Susan Boyle singing thrash metal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances, what a darling you are tonight. You may be a rap/pop star but I don't want you to be just that, I wanna take risks with you. That's why I gave you this choice to show that your voice can tackle many other music styles. I believe that this is one risk that paid off in my eyes. I can't wait to show everyone what we'll be doing for the next show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Frances this was not a great song choice . The vocals were ok but the song choice was an awful choice .
  • Options
    Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Frances Wood singing country is like Susan Boyle singing thrash metal.

I agree, just an awful choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again bad comments for Frances. If you want her to be safe, vote for her when the lines open!!

Next is another boy who`s singing faithfully...It`s Shayne Warde!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmnoVwLb_S8
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    can we please just take a moment to appreciate the fantastic comedy we're witnessing tonight from the song choices. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a bland choice but you did a great performance so well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jacka`s comment

Shayne Ward
    Shayne, that was simply AMAZING! You deserve so much more credit than you’ve had recently, you can do so well! Forget that Syco and Sony don’t want any more to do with you! Forget that you weren’t included in the Series 9 Promo! Forget you went out early on Dancing on Ice! You can SING boy and I want to see how far you can go! Good luck and hopefully, you’ll be back next week!

Kuda`s comment

Shayne
    Shayne my boy, you sang that with so much passion and so much meaning it's like the song was written for you. I loved seeing you get lost in the music up there having your little moment and I think you delivered that beautifully, you could tell how much it meant to you. Well freakin' done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *glances at date*
    That would be a nice song choice if this was 1983 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please can you stop with the nasty comments. I understand you have an opinion, but please just say you didn`t like it, and not call it comedy!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shayne what can i say . this was a great performance . Your vocals were great tonight . Can't wait to see what you sing next week :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayne, it's been many years but listening to you tonight, you have proven that you have still got it. It was a lovely song choice and it suited your vocal very beautifully. So far, this was my favorite tonight and I think Kuda has a strong chance with you, I can't wait for your next performance.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Kuda but I think that Heshima's attitude was awful on The Voice last year and that really made me not like him. And I don't like his vocals. As I judge I've to give my opinion, so I did. It's not anything against you as a mentor, I just can't stand the guy.

And also, I have not and never will be on a "high horse" and yes I have missed The Twist Factor so I don't know much about Jess's mentoring of Olly. I just think he did well tonight, again an opinion.

Just wanted to get that out there :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So good comments tonight for Shayne, but will he be safe? To make sure vote for him when the line`s open!!!

Next is another female over, and she`s singing a lovely song about iris.....It`s Ruth Lorenzo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUivFhcpsyw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jacka`s comment

Ruth Lorenzo
    *standing ovation*
    I hate people covering this because I love this song so much. But I felt that if anybody could tackle it, it would be my home girl Ruth right here. It was just so...emotional and pure! I know it’s FAR too early to do standing ovations, but when someone does a song I love so much justice they deserve it. You grabbed that with both hands and didn’t let go. You go Ruth! You GO! Please keep Ruth here because she deserves it so much! Thank you Ruth, thank you so much!

Kuda`s comment

Ruth
    I thought the song suited you and you did pretty well singing it. However, I was waiting for the climax of the song, where you'd start hitting those crazy notes but that didn't happen so I felt a bit underwhelmed at the end. But overall, It was a good performance
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Lorenzo
    *standing ovation*

I hate people covering this because I love this song so much. But I felt that if anybody could tackle it, it would be my home girl Ruth right here. It was just so...emotional and pure! I know it’s FAR too early to do standing ovations, but when someone does a song I love so much justice they deserve it. You grabbed that with both hands and didn’t let go. You go Ruth! You GO! Please keep Ruth here because she deserves it so much! Thank you Ruth, thank you so much!