Options

If you have an iphone are you addicted to it???

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
Hello

Iv gotten my iphone 4 for just over a month now and today my mum said " do you ever put that flipping thing down"

It was then i thought wow i really am addicted to this amazing little thing lol

Weather its
Txting
Internet
Emailing
Youtube
Games
Msn,ing
Ipod
Movies
DSing:)

It is now like my right hand lol definatly the best phone iv ever had yet!!!

Comments

• Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because I don't rely on the internet, by the way are all those things exclusive to the iPhone?
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same, I think modern smartphones can do so much that you spend mass amounts of time on them.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Im like this on my desire hd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danleto wrote: »
    No because I don't rely on the internet, by the way are all those things exclusive to the iPhone?

well i dunno

but so far in my own mobile experiance the internet browesing has been a breeze on iphone compared to other phones iv had

nokia 5800 the browseing was ok bit clunky at times

blackberry bold i didt take to the browseing on that at all hated it!! and hated the trackball for moving arrow around pages.

with iphone though its so easy to just press into safari/mercury whatever and browse away with tabs and everything before on a mobile id use to say ah screw it ill browse the forums or whatever when im on the laptop again

but now im getting to rely on just the iphone lol

the mercury browsers DOWNLOAD option is a big plus for me too! so i can now download .avis and watch them with the
    MOVIE PLAYER app on iphone:D
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    well i dunno

but so far in my own mobile experiance the internet browesing has been a breeze on iphone compared to other phones iv had

blackberry bold i didt take to the browseing on that at all hated it!! and hated the trackball for moving arrow around pages.

with iphone though its so easy to just press into safari/mercury whatever and browse away with tabs and everything before on a mobile id use to say ah screw it ill browse the forums or whatever when im on the laptop again

the mercury browsers DOWNLOAD option is a big plus for me too! so i can now download .avis and watch them with the

I liked the iPhone, I would have kept it if the battery lasted longer though and I couldn't get on with the software keyboard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i dunno

See i can in one press get on to the net on my desire hd. Then simply surf with great pleasure and ease.

I can do this to using the browser built into Android or one of the many other browsers you can get.

I can also DOWNLOAD avis/mp4s etc and watch them with a plethora of MOVIE PLAYERS available.

I got rid of my iphone 4 a month ago or so and got the desire hd and couldn't be happier. Faster, more features and just a much better phone imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any need to turn yet another thread into an iPhone vs HTC war? Really?

The OP didn't say or even imply that the features mentioned were exclusive to the iPhone, simply that he'd hardly put his iPhone down since he got it, and really likes it.
  • Options
    i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my iphone and feel lost without it and im always on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there any need to turn yet another thread into an iPhone vs HTC war? Really?

The OP didn't say or even imply that the features mentioned were exclusive to the iPhone, simply that he'd hardly put his iPhone down since he got it, and really likes it.

I'm simply pointing out for anyone else reading this, that other phones can do this just as easily and better than the iphone. Having owned both i think im more than qualified to make a comment on this.

Anyway, i wasn't trying to turn it into any kind of thread. Its up to you whether you take it that way or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not trying to have a go at you personally. It's just that a lot of threads seem to have become an annoying pissing contest lately, with all the same arguments trotted out over and over.

The OP mentioned the iPhone, but I suppose it's a general point about most modern smartphones. We do far more on them than was possible just a few years ago, and for quite a few things it isn't worth switching the computer on.
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    I couldn't go without my iPhone either. Wherever i am it gives me Twitter, Facebook, browsing, e-mail, MSN, WhatsApp, games etc.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot see myself being without a smartphone in this day and age. My preference is my iPhone 4 as I am very familiar with it and have a fairly decent collection of apps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    See i can in one press get on to the net on my desire hd. Then simply surf with great pleasure and ease.

I can do this to using the browser built into Android or one of the many other browsers you can get.

I can also DOWNLOAD avis/mp4s etc and watch them with a plethora of MOVIE PLAYERS available.

I got rid of my iphone 4 a month ago or so and got the desire hd and couldn't be happier. Faster, more features and just a much better phone imo.

im not starting a phone war lol

i have an iphone so i just put "if you have an iphone" in the title of the thread

i well aware the other smartphones will have better features and all that.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I was, until I bought an Android phone.

I now have emulators for the Mega Drive, Master System, the Super Nintendo, the Nintendo, the PlayStation 1, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance and hundreds of games.

The Android seems to be infinitely customisable. It's just a friendly device, on the side of the customer.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think thus forum needs a sub forum called 'My phone is better than your phone' where people can go and justify their purchases to each other.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I have had iPhones for years now and I'm getting bored of them. I used to be addicted to apps but barely use them now as most of them are kind of pointless.

My current iPhone contract is up for renewal in June but all I need is Internet and phone facilities, which it does very well, I'm not going to upgrade (sim only deal)
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fluffed wrote: »
    I think thus forum needs a sub forum called 'My phone is better than your phone' where people can go and justify their purchases to each other.

Yeah, a separate area where people can argue about Android vs iPhone vs Windows Phone vs Nokia vs BlackBerry until they're blue in the face. Like the appreciation threads but in reverse! :D
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I have had iPhones for years now and I'm getting bored of them. I used to be addicted to apps but barely use them now as most of them are kind of pointless.

My current iPhone contract is up for renewal in June but all I need is Internet and phone facilities, which it does very well, I'm not going to upgrade (sim only deal)

I'm at that stage now to, Also bored of iPhone but can't be bothered with the tinkering of Android so i'll stick with my 3GS until it dies, no more 24 month contracts for me.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm never off mine:D I use skype on it, calls and txts of course and because I'm quite new to it I'm addicted to downloading and checking out apps. I enjoy the games on it and find it excellent for web browsing and love watching YouTube vids if I have nothing to do:) I don't get why people can't enjoy their phones and what it has to offer without being made to feel guilty about it by the 'Android/Blackberry/Nokia is better' people
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    I was, until I bought an Android phone.

I now have emulators for the Mega Drive, Master System, the Super Nintendo, the Nintendo, the PlayStation 1, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance and hundreds of games.

I have all this on my iPhone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    I'm never off mine:D I use skype on it, calls and txts of course and because I'm quite new to it I'm addicted to downloading and checking out apps. I enjoy the games on it and find it excellent for web browsing and love watching YouTube vids if I have nothing to do:) I don't get why people can't enjoy their phones and what it has to offer without being made to feel guilty about it by the 'Android/Blackberry/Nokia is better' people

have you played cut the rope

i waer its the most addicting iphone game so far for me anyways:D
  • Options
    HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same with my HTC desire
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you played cut the rope

i waer its the most addicting iphone game so far for me anyways:D

Yeah but I'm at the stage where it's got quite hard and frustrating. I love Plants V Zombies and Angry Birds:)
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    I don't get why people can't enjoy their phones

Perhaps people don't see phones as something to enjoy but only as a purely functional object. I find phone envy to be completly bizzare.