Seven Psychopaths

2»

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Darksider wrote: »
    The cast consisting of: Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell has me sold, will probably watch this tomorrow.
    I was sold on just Christopher Walken...:cool:

Great film....but yes, a slow start....
    but the twist with Sam Rockwell being a Psychopath too...very good, his take on the 'Graveyard' shoot out, was hilarious.
    Just wish Olga Kurylenko, had lasted longer.

7/10
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dombo wrote: »
    yeah, had conflicts with a producer and was quickly replaced.

proof that no one is bigger than the movie.

Yes, that is certainly true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it at the weekend, and thought it was utter tripe. I went in with high hopes after seeing the cast list, the trailer, and having loved In Bruges.

I thought it was badly written, poorly acted (how does Colin Farrell manage to get Hollywood gigs?). My wife agreed, although she said that it was so bad she actually enjoyed it.

We saw it at the Cineworld on the Kings Road, and have never seen so many people walk out of a film. I would say that at least 15-20 people didn't stay until the end.

When I got home I went on to IMDB to see just how badly it was scoring on there, and was shocked to see that it is currently scoring 7.9 out of 10. I guess this is the quintessential marmite movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Saw this yesterday and absolutely loved it. Quirky, great storyline, amazing cast.
    My personal favourite of 2012 so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Saw it on Sunday and after a shaky start i ended up loving it, Sam Rockwell's graveyard shootout was easily the highlight ("she get's MOWN down, f*ckin' MOWN down!":D), infact Sam Rockwell pretty much stole the show. Smartly written and with some great performances from Christopher Walken, Colin Farrell, Woody Harrelson and the aforementioned Rockwell (how a previous poster can say it's "poorly acted" is beyond me...).

8.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the sort of film I thought I'd love, but I just didn't think it was very good.
  • pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    The cast has me sold, but the story is a bit all over the place I think, but Colin Farrell is back to his In Bruges best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruVf6OOVIKI#
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it at the film festival (not a film to see at half ten in the morning :p)
    I was a bit late and missed the opening :cry: (When I sat down in the cinema they were chilling in a bar or a restaurant, talking about a script) though I enjoyed it very much - gotta love how the film trashed the typical Hollywood films left and right

Aaaaand - Woody Harrelson was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rawr wrote: »
    It's the sort of film I thought I'd love, but I just didn't think it was very good.

Kind of the same. It's good in parts but it certainly is not a classic. I thought the ending was just plain silly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cast has me sold, but the story is a bit all over the place I think, but Colin Farrell is back to his In Bruges best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruVf6OOVIKI#

When Farrell acts with his own Dublin accent he is at his best. I wish he would do another movie of the same quality as Bruges.