End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she did say Gary was an easy target.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooops I did the same thread lol, sorry. So, one of them has admitted it at last !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pity the lot of them. Gary may be difficult but surely they can show him a bit of compassion and some respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    Ooops I did the same thread lol, sorry. So, one of them has admitted it at last !

No worries.

I hope she is made to explain that comment on her eviction.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how I feel about Edele because I can't 'read' her like I can the others and I don't really like it when I can't.

My feelings towards her keep changing.

I think a bit of Audley's influence is rubbing off on her - she's much kinder and nicer about Gary lately.

She's actually quite a sweet girl when she's not booze-fuelled.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what we've seen, she hasn't been very nice to Gary either. I see a lot of backtracking going on. Next thing George will be saying that Gary's a great bloke.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see housemates with the mindset that Gary is seen as a 'target' by the housemates.

Why would somebody see another housemate as the target of the group if they didn't believe that housemate had been deliberately targeted?

It feels like that was a bit of a Freudian slip to be honest.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see housemates with the mindset that Gary is seen as a 'target' by the housemates.

Why would somebody see another housemate as the target of the group if they didn't believe that housemate had been deliberately targeted?

It feels like that was a bit of a Freudian slip to be honest.

yes two housemates agreeing he has been targeted and then Lauren saying about Gary changing....
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    I think I dislike Edele more because she is aware Gary is being targeted, but is going along with the group-think anyway. I see her having deep meaningful conversations with him and yet she always nominates him and it seems for petty reasons( or at least for other peoples reasons). She is definitely playing a game, which is fine but not if it results in hurting other people or negating genuine emotional contact.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In what sense does she mean. That he can't defend himself ? Because i think he can hes intelligent enough. Or because hes old and has some problems ?

The latter i think which is pretty disgusting behavior as many of us have been saying all series.
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Well Edele is part of a very large group on both sides of the pond that find Gary difficult to deal with and lose it with him on occasion.
    Of course they haven't shown how she's helped him over the last three weeks including doing his washing. We only know about it because of conversation snippets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Well Edele is part of a very large group on both sides of the pond that find Gary difficult to deal with and lose it with him on occasion.
    Of course they haven't shown how she's helped him over the last three weeks including doing his washing. We only know about it because of conversation snippets.

We also know from conversation snippets that her, Dee AND Audley have done washing for the WHOLE house, not just Gary. Interesting to see though that they realise that Gary HAS been targeted, and is an easy target, though wouldn't you say ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    I think it may be dawning on them that they are being swept along in a gang mentality- they are all feeling stress, and once a person has been targeted as the "baddy" it makes it a lot easier to let go at them - it is the "bully" thing - without even knowing it - that's why there's a lot of looking at each other, the chuckles in the background - they know no one will say "hey - leave so and so alone"
    perhaps it has ramped up they are actually seeing that - Dee and Co over egged the cake and it is seeming more obvious - I do hope they can distance themselves from it - the others I am srue will have a shock when they see how they have behaved..Stephanie was taken aback in her interview as to her behaviour in noms

Lauren is seeing this for a while, she hasn't been nasty to gary - and she is supposedly pushed all the time..if James would have us believe him, it's just a shame she hasn't been brave and stood up for gary -scared she would not be in with the main crowd perhaps - till lately,
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what we've seen, she hasn't been very nice to Gary either. I see a lot of backtracking going on. Next thing George will be saying that Gary's a great bloke.

I disagree. I think Edele has been very fair with Gary.

When she has had a 'run in ' with him, it's always reasonable and justified. Both Edele and Audley ( and Lauren ) have tolerance with him that the others don't. That little carry on last night about the noise and Gary not being able to hear well and truly came from Dee's corner. Just done for a reaction from Gary.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dialectic wrote: »
    I think I dislike Edele more because she is aware Gary is being targeted, but is going along with the group-think anyway. I see her having deep meaningful conversations with him and yet she always nominates him and it seems for petty reasons( or at least for other peoples reasons). She is definitely playing a game, which is fine but not if it results in hurting other people or negating genuine emotional contact.

No she doesn't !!

She didn't nominate him this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Edele knows he's an easy target, it bothers me a little why she still goes with the flow on occasions, same with the others.

On saying that though, it must be extremely difficult for Edele and Lauren to stand away from the pack. It takes guts to do so because they fear their own lives being a living hell in there. It's a shame that their mindsets took so long to come around, (certainly seems that they are to me anyway). Never too late though to at least try :)