Geordie Shore

Comments

• Kayleigh_LawrenKayleigh_Lawren Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Sorry can't do spoiler tags

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s152/geordie-shore/news/a606164/geordie-shore-vicky-pattison-quits-after-nine-series.html

Also Gary has said numerous time he doesn't have any fb pages!
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Sad to hear she's leaving, as she's one of the people who are constantly cracking me up with everything they say. I suppose as long as Charlotte's still around it'll be ok.

Yeah, Gary leaving seems unlikely to me. He loves doing it and I think unless he got bored of it or miraculously got into a serious relationship he'll stay around for a while.

I do agree that James just needs to leave already. It seems like MTV aren't really there to axe anyone, other than if they do anything wrong like Sophie. He brings absolutely nothing and half the time you omit his parts and nothings changed.

I'm guessing with Vicky out now that means they'll be looking for a new girl. Other than the original girls, I've found the others (well, there is only two) not be very likeable, so hopefully they find someone in a similar vein to the original girls.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Not happy Vicky has left, she was the best part of the show but best of luck to her.

I don't think it can suffer the loss Vicky and Gary in one series and other than Scott and to an extent Kyle (although he was already wearing thin), I've disliked every addition to the cast
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Hmm... how can James have forgotten to show up on the first night? Like actually serious question, surely production would have contacted them!?

I said it before but I'll say it again, I'm constantly cracking up at Vicky! Everything she says is just hilarious. Gonna be such a void in the show!
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The case of whoever hooks up with Marnie being a douche is still happening i see. Sucks Vicki is going she is the best thing about this show.

Really think they should end it here tbh. Without Vicky last year it was terrible. This will be much worse.

Get rid of James because he is a bore same with Marney. Id bring back Jay and Rebecca if she wanted to.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not happy Vicky has left, she was the best part of the show but best of luck to her.

I don't think it can suffer the loss Vicky and Gary in one series and other than Scott and to an extent Kyle (although he was already wearing thin), I've disliked every addition to the cast

Is Gary leaving?
  • Joline44Joline44 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really sick of Marine!! I didn't mind her when she first showed up but after 2 series of the same boring, tiresome, irritating bloody storyline but with different boys, I now can't stand her. And this series will be the same I see. I'm disliking her now, I'm sure that by the end of this series I'm gonna start hating her. She needs to either go away or stop being the focus!!!!

Gary did a Q&A on twitter today and he said that he's not leaving so who knows :confused:

And I'm so, so, so sad that Vicky is leaving.
    Forum Member
    Is Gary leaving?

Apparently so.

Just watched tonight's show and its cemented one thing for me, I really really dislike Marnie. I'm sick of hearing her saying the same damn things every single week. By the time the first break I wanted her to leave. I know it's because of the situation but last series was dominated by her and Gary, then her and Aaron and it seems like it will just continue. "I like him", "I hate him", "he can do what he wants", "I'm jealous" on a continual loop.

I think Vicky summarised exactly what I thought about James not being there, who actually cares? Overall, a typical episode but I would lose nothing by James, Marnie and Aaron getting dropped at the end of the series. Id be quite happy with Gaz, Scott, Kyle, Holly and Charlotte for a series and then try and find some actually likeable replacements.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    The case of whoever hooks up with Marnie being a douche is still happening i see. Sucks Vicki is going she is the best thing about this show.

Really think they should end it here tbh. Without Vicky last year it was terrible. This will be much worse.

Get rid of James because he is a bore same with Marney. Id bring back Jay and Rebecca if she wanted to.

Those are the two I'd bring back as well, but Rebecca has a baby now so can't see her wanting to come back.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marnie won't be going anywhere with the older ones leaving or about to leave its clear they have planned to make her the female star of the show for a while now.

This is why she is the most prominent these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is, she is not an interesting character. She is annoying and boring and this is why having her as the star of the show isn't going down well with the audience. The older series had a much more balanced focus between all the characters. They all had storylines and got a pretty equal amount of screen time. Last night was like 80% about Marine and her boys of the day while Holly, Gary, Charlotte, Kyle had pretty much been reduced to background characters. And judging from the trailer for this season, it's all gonna be about Marine and whoever boy she gets with. Making interesting, fun characters background characters while putting all focus on a irritating character is just beyond wrong.
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Marnie won't be going anywhere with the older ones leaving or about to leave its clear they have planned to make her the female star of the show for a while now.

This is why she is the most prominent these days

And that would be fine, if she wasn't rehashing stories over and over and over and over and over. Marnie and Scott, Marnie and Gaz, Marnie and Aaron, the only difference is the guy she loves/she hates/she's not bothered about/she's jealous/she's not jealous/she's not getting involved with.

She is quite possibly the most unlikeable person they've ever had and she is boring. Take her scenes with Aaron last night, replace Aaron with Scott or Gary, and you have Marnie's entire contribution to the show over the past two series.

Its a shame because she probably could be half decent as a replacement but she's not because she's insistent on being treated like a mug and then running back like a little lapdog.

Last night rated 344,000, down 200% on series 8 opener.
  • sporadic23sporadic23 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Can't believe that Vikki is leaving, her, Charlotte, Gaz and Holly are the best characters.
    Don't like that Marnie seems to be lead this season again, her story is the same every season just with interchangeable males! It's getting very tiresome.
    Did anyone see Charlotte on the Xtra Factor at the weekend-she looked very plastic looking, which is a shame. both her and holly will hardly look like themselves in a few years.
    Will miss Vikki next season and like her new look but one of the sets of extensions she had in last night looked dire-not a great advert for her own range!!
    Scotty T is still waving his arm about like a maniac which bugs the hell out of me!
    I never even noticed that James was missing, and for a second or two i was delighted at the thought that he left. He's just so pointless in there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joline44 wrote: »
    Jay is single?? What will happen to his tattoo of his gf's name? :D

Lol from the photo I saw, it's been all covered up and hidden.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member

Last night rated 344,000, down 200% on series 8 opener.

The official ratings will be different Hollie on the other hand, I'm more inclined to believe the official ratings rather than overnight figures. :D
  • EverlastingEverlasting Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I was just doing some Geordie shore searching on twitter, and you will never guess what. Hollys mum just tweeted saying they are filming for season 10 next week. I cant wait, this is great news. :):p:)
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    The official ratings will be different Hollie on the other hand, I'm more inclined to believe the official ratings rather than overnight figures. :D

Yeah I know they will but will they hit the 1m the last series got?
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The last series with marnie in you mean
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's episode was an average episode. Vicky was absolutely hilarious and it'll be so sad to see her leave at the end of this series but its nice that she's Queen in her final few episodes as it wraps her time up on the show perfectly. I hope they do a best bits reel at the end when she finally leaves as she's been one of the stars in all nine seasons.

Series 10 is a tricky one. I'd definitely hope to see Gaz,Charlotte,Holly,Scott and Kyle back. James is a bore however in some ways I dont mind too much cause he's an original. Bring back the newly single Jay or Dan.

Get Marine out! It's been the same since series 7,she has no self respect. And hopefully they'll bring in two new girls.
    Forum Member

Yes, and then dropped throughout the series and is one of only three series to not have more viewers at the end than at the beginning.

I've never claimed Marnie makes people turn off, just that she's absolutely dreadful IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just doing some Geordie shore searching on twitter, and you will never guess what. Hollys mum just tweeted saying they are filming for season 10 next week. I cant wait, this is great news. :):p:)

Already??? Jesus!
    Forum Member

Maybe. :D
    Forum Member

I think there will come a time where geordie shore is on borrowed time, not because of Marnie, but because it looks tired, it will probably have a time where its axed, but not for now. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't warm to Marnie on the show. it's the same story, the same comments, the same issues over and over and over again, just with a different male cast member in each of the 3 series she's been in so far. As she's being portrayed now, it really isn't working. She's so monotoned as well.

I'd completely change it. I'd keep core cast members like Charlotte, Holly, Gary, Scott and Kyle (I like him with Holly) and then go from there.

As Jamie East always says on holy Cow, James must have something on the MTV producers to still be on the show - he's criminally dull.
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I still can't warm to Marnie on the show. it's the same story, the same comments, the same issues over and over and over again, just with a different male cast member in each of the 3 series she's been in so far. As she's being portrayed now, it really isn't working. She's so monotoned as well.

I'd completely change it. I'd keep core cast members like Charlotte, Holly, Gary, Scott and Kyle (I like him with Holly) and then go from there.

As Jamie East always says on holy Cow, James must have something on the MTV producers to still be on the show - he's criminally dull.

Marnie and James are obviously popular with the producers, not so with fans though, Sophie on the other hand was popular with fans, but not so with producers. People like Scotty t are popular with both. It'll be interesting to see the official ratings next week to see what state the show is in as the overnight ratings haven't been impressive. :(