Marilyn Manson plans X Factor chart hijack next year the song - Starf**kers Inc

SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2787910/Marilyn-Manson-calls-for-charts-challenge-to-X-Factor.html

Oh that is freakin' hilarious, and couldnt be more of an appropriate song choice too!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who? Well count me in!!!

Long as it's backed by a very clever online campaign, natch :rolleyes:
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, Marilyn Manson is like my fave artist. :D

Good to see him bigging up NIN, proving that there mustn't be bad blood between him and Trent anymore.
    The vid for Starf**kers Inc had Manson portraying Trent's girlfriend.
    Just for that it should be number 1. :D
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    so now ever year theres going to be a campaign to stop X-Factor from getting No.1? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I'm a massive NIN fan (not as keen on MM), and I'd love to see this happen. :D Star****ers Inc is a bit weird for it to appeal to the masses though.

We need a good stripper anthem for Xmas #1 - Closer, please.

P.S. Meg, I love your Services sig. :D
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea, Mr. Manson. I'd buy it. I love NIN. :D
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does he care for the britsh charts.. He is an American!
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of American rock artists are HEAVILY influenced by British Rockers.

Manson and Trent being a couple out of many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starf**kers Inc is a great song...

"My God sits in the back of a limousine..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the sun this could get out of hand.

And If having X Factor as the christmas number 1 is inappropriate how inappropriate is having heavy metal rock crap. I'm sorry but if this is what the Christmas Number 1 is becoming then its a sad state of affairs.

Is it really too much to ask for the Christmas Number 1 to have a nice message or christmassy in some way!

Also i really have no time for these stupid rockers who think they are all anti establishment, what a load of bull.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now this one, i'd back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody love NIN hate MM and would love for this to happen, But I think they will be too many compaigns next year.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    I agree with the sun this could get out of hand.

And If having X Factor as the christmas number 1 is inappropriate how inappropriate is having heavy metal rock crap. I'm sorry but if this is what the Christmas Number 1 is becoming then its a sad state of affairs.

Is it really too much to ask for the Christmas Number 1 to have a nice message or christmassy in some way!

Also i really have no time for these stupid rockers who think they are all anti establishment, what a load of bull.

Bolded statement 1: I agree, but the average X-Factor song has nothing to do with Christmas either!

Bolded statement 2: Rather them than cheesy plastic manufactured pap.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    so now ever year theres going to be a campaign to stop X-Factor from getting No.1? :rolleyes:

As opposed to a campaign by Cowell every year to stop anything else getting to No. 1? :rolleyes: right back to you.
  • FERAL SHARKEYFERAL SHARKEY Posts: 3,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »

If you want a CHristmassy number one, then you'd better hope that enough people buy a Christmassy song the week before Christmas.

Because you will get what people buy.
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

The same British charts that are routinely topped by Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Rhianna and just about every mainstream male rapper from the US?
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

It's called bandwagon jumping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Good to see him bigging up NIN, proving that there mustn't be bad blood between him and Trent anymore.
    The vid for Starf**kers Inc had Manson portraying Trent's girlfriend.
    Just for that it should be number 1. :D

I know! On both points. The Starf**kers vid was hilarious- I honestly don't know how anyone- Reznor, Manson, other cast, crew- managed to keep a straight face through it. I'd have cracked up if it was me! And yeah, it's good to see a sign that Trent and Marilyn may have put aside their, er, "artistic differences" and be back on good terms.

As for the idea of using Starf**kers if there's another campaign... I personally was thinking more along the lines of Daisy Chainsaw's Love Your Money but Starf**kers is a good idea too. Great song:)

Oh, and whoever it was who decided 'Closer' is a good stripping song (sorry, I didn't catch your user name)... it really isn't. Not unless someone using sex to escape their psychological torture is your thing, that is.;)
  • Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah poor RATM ditched already. And the same campaigners are already pretending to like 'the nine inch nails'. lulz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah poor RATM ditched already. And the same campaigners are already pretending to like 'the nine inch nails'. lulz

Go listen to your Joe McElderry cd Arsene. You never did understand RATM

The NIN track is cack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member

Look up the meaning of 'campaign'.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »

Probably, until one day, somebody will come up with the bright idea of starting a campaign against these campaigns.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Keeps getting worse
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RATM had the Christmas no.1, with big sales and only dropped as far as no.2 the next week. So I don't think they need your pity, they are doing just fine.

And can't say I care much for 'the nine inch nails'. Nine Inch Nails are pretty good though. ;) :rolleyes: