Options

Windows 7 Jump List Problem

Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My PC at work was recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, and it took me a few days to get used to it (and only after I changed the taskbar so it look more like Vista :p ).

You see, I relied on my Quick Launch on Vista and this was cruely ripped away from me in Windows 7! But after a few days I got used to the new 'pinable' taskbar and I had the folders I used most pinned to Windows Explorer (only 2 of them).

However! A few days ago my pinned items in the Jump Lists disappeared (the pinned programs themselves were fine). So I tried to repin my 2 most accessed folders, but every time I try to pin the second one, it replaces the first one. It's also the same if I try to pin files to Excel - I can only have one pinned at a time.

I tried to go into the settings to reinstate the recent/frequently accessed files/folders and when I pinned one of the folders I wanted I could also pin one of the recent folders (so I could have more than one folder pinned). However when I tried to pin my second folder, it still replaced my first one (and the recent one I pinned was still there).

I'm very confused as to why this isn't working! :(

Anybody else came across this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I've found out that you can't have more than one folder from the same network drive pinned at one time. Which is stupid.

But I've just created a Toolbar on the Taskbar for the folders I need and that seems to work nicely. :)

Stress avoided!