Options

David Beckham Named In "Messy" Divorce Battle

End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's not having a good time of late is Becks :eek:

A 'delusional' husband tried to force David Beckham's car off the road, after becoming falsely convinced the footballer was having an affair with his wife.

The sensational claim was made in court documents filed as part of a messy divorce battle, that emerged in the U.S. today

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316903/David-Beckhams-car-nearly-hit-sons-school-divorcing-husband-affair-allegations.html#ixzz118SiahCk

Comments

• Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    He's not having a good time of late is Becks :eek:

A 'delusional' husband tried to force David Beckham's car off the road, after becoming falsely convinced the footballer was having an affair with his wife.

The sensational claim was made in court documents filed as part of a messy divorce battle, that emerged in the U.S. today

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316903/David-Beckhams-car-nearly-hit-sons-school-divorcing-husband-affair-allegations.html#ixzz118SiahCk

Maybe there's a reason for that.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    The Sun are running this story as their front page tomorrow/today depending on when you are reading this...
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »

It would appear so.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »

i'm inclined to agreed. always thought that the papers were defending him in the prostitute story way too vigorously like they had a bigger story about him but that's MHO. is it wrong to want scandal involving Posh & Becks.
  • Options
    XioXio Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    The next Tiger Woods! He certainly has form. I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been inclined to stick up for David Beckham and I sincerely hope there is no truth to any of this. It's sad so many celebrities do not take their marriage vows seriously and it's sad the public enjoy such scandal. I wouldn't wish heartbreak and humiliation on anyone anymore than I'd wish a broken home on the children.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been inclined to stick up for David Beckham and I sincerely hope there is no truth to any of this. It's sad so many celebrities do not take their marriage vows seriously and it's sad the public enjoy such scandal. I wouldn't wish heartbreak and humiliation on anyone anymore than I'd wish a broken home on the children.

David has cheated before. It didn't really seem to harm his rep though. Victoria will never leave him, so I don't think that'll ever be an issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, I do sometimes wonder if their marriage has gone beyond their vows and into "contract" territory. Tbh I think his worst crime is inflicting that awful Rebecca Loos on us all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, I do sometimes wonder if their marriage has gone beyond their vows and into "contract" territory. Tbh I think his worst crime is inflicting that awful Rebecca Loos on us all!

Yes, she seems to have disappeared from view though (thankfully!) I haven't seen Abi TITmuss lately either. If you're only famous because you shagged a celebrity, then I guess people won't want to know after a while.

Most people seem to dislike Victoria Beckham, but I don't mind her. Being a bit pretentious seems to be her main crime.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Beckham's got form for this, although I do think he has become a bit of a target for these kind of claims. Some might say that is of his own doing, to an extent.

Only the Beckhams know what is going on within their marriage and whether they have reached some kind of 'understanding'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Well, Beckham's got form for this, although I do think he has become a bit of a target for these kind of claims. Some might say that is of his own doing, to an extent.

Only the Beckhams know what is going on within their marriage and whether they have reached some kind of 'understanding'.

If they have an arrangement hypothetically speaking that is why most women will not warm to her. She doesn't seem tho show the same feelings that most women go through if there partner has cheated. She in her actions is insulting the public in thinking that we all believe everything is ok. A few staged photographs does not make a happy marriage and I think a lot of people now see throught that. It might have worked 5 years ago but we have all got wise now. If it is an arrangement then thats up to them but I could not live like that I would feel I was missing out on being treated like you should in a relationship. You only get one life and money isn't everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    If they have an arrangement hypothetically speaking that is why most women will not warm to her. She doesn't seem tho show the same feelings that most women go through if there partner has cheated. She in her actions is insulting the public in thinking that we all believe everything is ok. A few staged photographs does not make a happy marriage and I think a lot of people now see throught that. It might have worked 5 years ago but we have all got wise now. If it is an arrangement then thats up to them but I could not live like that I would feel I was missing out on being treated like you should in a relationship. You only get one life and money isn't everything.

I believe they do have genuine feelings for each other. Every relationship involves compromise anyway. Why should she show outrage in public? It's her business. I actually have more respect for her because she doesn't feel the need to be a total media ****.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they do have genuine feelings for each other. Every relationship involves compromise anyway. Why should she show outrage in public? It's her business. I actually have more respect for her because she doesn't feel the need to be a total media ****.

I was only saying why people probably don't warm to her. In her early years she did actually court the media. They both did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    I was only saying why people probably don't warm to her. In her early years she did actually court the media. They both did.

Yes, but they still weren't half as bad as certain celebs are now. They are quite private nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the woman denies it, he denies it, and the husband has motives and an unbalanced psyche. It's a non-story. And the media is supporting Beckham over this.

And maybe the reason Victoria is quite calm in public about these stories is because their marriage is ok and she knows he hasn't done anything wrong? SHOCK HORROR in this tawdry world of celeb. Everyone knows their relationship has been a target from day 1, with lots of people wanting them to end in a messy divorce or split.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media always support Beckham. Always.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Despite the fact that I don't have a lot of time for Victoria as a human being, it's her that I feel sorry for, because it's quite obvious that she adores him. I think she's prepared to forgive him because she loves him so much.

For her sake I hope that this doesn't become a huge media issue. She might look like a woman with no personality tottering around in her fashionable clothes, but I think where he is concerned, he has the power to really hurt her and nobody deserves that. Not even Victoria Beckham.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always amazes me that whenever you see a girlfriend, secretary, widow or sister at a high-profile court case or enquiry dressed up in expensive clothes and a designer handbag, shoes and jewellery, inevitably,you can always tell that they were destined for a career of some form in the eye of the media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    It always amazes me that whenever you see a girlfriend, secretary, widow or sister at a high-profile court case or enquiry dressed up in expensive clothes and a designer handbag, shoes and jewellery, inevitably,you can always tell that they were destined for a career of some form in the eye of the media.

It doesn't take a lot these days to give a media hungry public the illusion of celebrity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The media supported Loos initially because she was a professional employee and was painted as classy and respectable, and those alleged text messages were seen as evidence, even though she could've easily concocted them herself. It would've been all different had it been known she would be posing topless for lad mags x months down the line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And yet, interestingly, Rebecca Loos would probably not have been given the opportunity to pose topless for lad mags had the issue with Beckham not come up in the first place. She would have remained the anonymous PA 'help' and in the background. One could say that becoming infamous only followed as a result of having an ill-judged affair with a public figure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Abi Titmuss standing outside Southwark Crown Court with John Leslie at the end of the trial in a LBD with her Bristols hanging out, and I immediately thought - 'this one has made a career move'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    I remember Abi Titmuss standing outside Southwark Crown Court with John Leslie at the end of the trial in a LBD with her Bristols hanging out, and I immediately thought - 'this one has made a career move'.

The 'Bristols hanging out' gambit has been one of the premier moves in a lot of women becoming famous...

Jordan, Jodie Marsh, Abi Titmuss to name but a few in the long list.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding this really bizarre! I don't know WHAT to think. Are there any details about this affair? It feels like it's come out of nowhere and that the Beckham bit is sort of incidental, yet important...
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I think the media may be afraid of the Beckham's power and their lawyers and are leaking stuff 'safely'.