Options

Vodafone PAYG Mobile Broadband - what a swizz!!

HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
Forum Member
Have been a customer of theirs for about five weeks now, as I purchased a PAYG dongle containing 3GB of data for 30 days at a cost of £15.
They have now just changed the rules and yesterday we mugs were informed that, from Feb.1st 2011, the amount of data is being reduced from 3 to 2 GB for the same cost!
They claim that 90% of their customers only ever use or need 2GB of data and so the rest of us, the 10% who require 3GB, will suffer accordingly.
What a disappointment this is as I was getting on well with this service but it seems that again, the big faceless corporates couldn' care a fig about its customers.
Time to move on, I think, unless they have a rethink.

:mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Three have 15GB a month for £15 if you don't mind a 2 year contract.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has always been my belief that all the mobile broadband companies are nothing more that legalised muggers.

The only choice we have is to be mugged or not bother at all.

I am one of the lucky ones who have a non-expiry Vodafone PAYG dongle however I am sure it is only a matter of time before they change the T&C stating it’s what the customer what’s.
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Just the same as what food manufacturers get up to i.e. shrinking Mars bars, Snickers etc. same price but less of it. They even manage to make it sound like they are doing you a favour. Less for the same price - how does that work then?
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have just bought a VODAFONE 3gb dongle. women in shop told me that the price of the software is just £20 with £15 already on the sim card.. they used to offer you more money on the sim card £25 ..and she also stated that from next year the dongle are indeed going to be 2gb and not the current 3gb.
    but i must confess the actual connection and set up is a lot easier than the O2 dongles..has anyone any gripes with Vodafone service??
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have just bought a VODAFONE 3gb dongle. women in shop told me that the price of the software is just £20 with £15 already on the sim card.. they used to offer you more money on the sim card £25 ..and she also stated that from next year the dongle are indeed going to be 2gb and not the current 3gb.
    but i must confess the actual connection and set up is a lot easier than the O2 dongles..has anyone any gripes with Vodafone service??

No - like SkipTracer above, I have one of the dongles on the old £15/1GB no expiry price plan. It suits me great as a light user of mobile broadband, and I've never had a single problem with the service. 3G coverage isn't quite as extensive as 3, but the network's just so much more reliable when you do get a signal.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    Just the same as what food manufacturers get up to i.e. shrinking Mars bars, Snickers etc. same price but less of it. They even manage to make it sound like they are doing you a favour. Less for the same price - how does that work then?

I have a lot of sympathy for that statement.

I can remember when you could get 4 blackjacks, 4 fruit salads or 4 shrimps for one penny (the old variety 240=£1. Decimalisation came along and suddenly it was still 4 for a penny .... only prob was that this new penny was worth 2.5 old pence ... they made them bigger but maybe only by 25%, so more or less doubled their gross straight away.
    I doubt it was different in other markets.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have an old 3 usb dongle and now considering buying some of these 3gb/3month preloaded SIMS for £10each! - each sim lasts for 3 months or up to 3gb of data (whichever runs out first) so if you have a suitable 3 dongle or an unlocked dongle it might be a cost effective way to go?

Link