W1A (Series 2) - Thursdays, BBC2

JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,846
Forum Member
✭✭
New series starts tonight.

First episode is on at 9pm and lasts for 1 hour, next weeks episode is on at 10pm and lasts for ½ hour, I'm guessing 10pm will be the regular slot after that.
A one-hour special marks the return of the award-winning comedy about the BBC. One year on and head of values Ian Fletcher has finally got his own office. He and the team have a new set of challenges to rise to, including the impending royal visit of HRH Prince Charles. The question is, which of the management team will get to shake the royal hand?

Head of BBC brand Siobhan Sharpe and her team at Perfect Curve have been tasked with giving a makeover to the BBC coverage of Wimbledon following rumours of a bid from a rival broadcaster. Her response is a brand mash-up to end all brand mash-ups.

Meanwhile, over on the creative frontline, entertainment-format producer David Wilkes is trying to come up with the next big factual-entertainment series after Britain's Tastiest Village failed to fly. He's got the title - Up Town, Down Town - he just hasn't got a show or a cast.

Finally, intern Will Humphries's security pass won't let him into the building. Is it a technical problem or something more significant? {source}

Love the first series, let's hope this series will be just as good.

Comments

• Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to it too. A new series of a comedy that's funny on the BBC. My gawd how unique...
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this ......
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    going to watch this................hope it doesn't drag when stretched to an hour.......it could easily turn out to be a half hour show with padding

:o
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the ep with the blurred Clarkson?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant to have it back.
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love-in it so far my fav comedy of past couple of years and David T on voice over makes it perfect
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sk*bleep*"
  • jet soundsjet sounds Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Loved the Wimbledon mashup :D
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much of the stupid pr person and the ad agency, that stuff is just not funny.

Moving it to an hour format might have been a mistake,.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get that. Joke or literally bleeping out Sky? Also, loved the Alex/Matt background cameo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Moving it to an hour format might have been a mistake,.

Just this first ep.

How can you say that anyway just 23 minutes in?!?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Just this first ep.

How can you say that anyway just 23 minutes in?!?!?

Because the whole thing doesn't feel as tight as it did previously too much filler.

But loved the Cl***son stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    Because the whole thing doesn't feel as tight as it did previously too much filler.

No, it's just the same pace - You're seeing what you want just because you know its 60 minutes.
  • The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    No, it's just the same pace - You're seeing what you want just because you know its 60 minutes.

I read a preview that said it was slower but I think you have a point. Doesn't seem
    different to me.
  • Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Watched 20 mins and didnt laugh once, first impression is that its very poor and wont be tuning in again
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Have to say Ive loved this show and 2012 but am finding this a bit of a chore. Voicover and clarkson are the best bits for me
    Forum Member
    The siobhan character and all the eye rolling and answering everything by saying "yuh" :confused: am i missing something and is that supposed to be funny ? :confused:
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Stokes wrote: »
    The siobhan character and all the eye rolling and answering everything by saying "yuh" :confused: am i missing something and is that supposed to be funny ? :confused:

If you don't get it then just stop watching.
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to agree. This comedy is absolute pants.
    Forum Member
    If you don't get it then just stop watching.

Its not a matter of not getting it mark, the so called comedy is seriously poor so there is nothing to get.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is shite. sorry.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not a matter of not getting it mark, the so called comedy is seriously poor so there is nothing to get.

I get it, I find it funny, comedy is subjective.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it is. Very funny.

It may be a hard show for a newcomer to get into but the jokes and characters have been built up in the previous series and Twenty Twelve which came before it.

"It's all good".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stand by my earlier assessment, making that episode an hour long was a mistake. Found the previous series very funny but a lot of that just dragged.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Yeah cool yeah.

I find it funny, some proper laugh out loud moments, a great cast. I've never worked anywhere like the bbc but this is how I imagine it would be, the endless pointless meetings.