Options

The last DVD/Blu Ray you purchased?

Comments

• Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Big Store (1941) - Filling in the gaps in my Marx Brothers collection.

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943) - Starting to make some effort on my Powell & Pressburger collection.

The Longest Day (1962) - Because I'm fed up with having all my plans for the day ruined by coming across this film on telly just before I go out. Perhaps if I know it's on my shelf then I'll be able to drag myself away from it in future.

Blimp is one of all time favourites. Recently got it on Blu-ray. A lot of people seem to prefer A Matter of Life and Death, but I think Blimp is the better of the two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Got one today from Tesco £5....Before i go to sleep, with Nicole Kidman....Psychological chiller
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clash Of The Titans remake and Cowboys Vs Aliens on blu-ray, 2 for a fiver
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimp is one of all time favourites. Recently got it on Blu-ray. A lot of people seem to prefer A Matter of Life and Death, but I think Blimp is the better of the two.

I don't think you can fit a **** paper between most of the stuff The Archers did in the 40s. Blimp, A Matter of Life and Death, The Red Shoes, A Canterbury Tale, Black Narcissus; that's a remarkable hit list by any standards let alone being during or in the aftermath of WWII.

That reminds me, I need to buy A Canterbury Tale.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought

Star Trek TNG Seasons 6 - 7 £40
    And
    Enterprise seasons 1 - 4 £53
  • Options
    gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Candyman (1992) Blu Ray £4 CEX

ID (1995) Blu Ray £5 CEX

Both films were brought for me as gifts from my list of Blu Rays I wish to purchase

Great that ID has a 5.1 track on Blu Ray were as the DVD i had was 2 channel and screen ratio was 4:3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Into the Woods (2014)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If..." [1968]. Masters of Cinema Blu Ray.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poundland again..Open Water..Like this film and always record it when comes on telly, so thought i get it....ok for £1 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxcatcher (2014)
  • Options
    NephelerNepheler Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    November Man
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Polish Cinema Classics Vol.III (3 DVD Box Set)
    Contains...
    THE CRUISE (Rejs, 1970)
    CAMOUFLAGE (Barwy ochronne, 1976)
    SHIVERS (Dreszcze, 1981)
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gtfc1984 wrote: »
    Candyman (1992) Blu Ray £4 CEX

ID (1995) Blu Ray £5 CEX

Both films were brought for me as gifts from my list of Blu Rays I wish to purchase

Great that ID has a 5.1 track on Blu Ray were as the DVD i had was 2 channel and screen ratio was 4:3

Whats the video quality of your ID blu ray ? I got it on blu ray a few years ago and the quality is bloody awful, almost worse then the dvd version I also own. Just wondering if they have bought out a new version in the last couple of years ?

Cheers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin and Stacey complete box set. Just one pound in a charity shop. Tidy !
  • Options
    gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Whats the video quality of your ID blu ray ? I got it on blu ray a few years ago and the quality is bloody awful, almost worse then the dvd version I also own. Just wondering if they have bought out a new version in the last couple of years ?

Cheers

The DVD version was good in the day, but awful by todays standards, as for the blu ray you have to appreciate the film is 20 years old, i thought the video quality was good for its age and wasn't graining like I've seen on other old films, and the 5.1DTS HD track was a nice added bonus. Loads better than the DVD.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/ID-Blu-ray/38005/ As far as i can see this is the only blu ray version released.
  • Options
    WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Just pre-ordered Whiplash on steelbook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Hero 6 (2014)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gtfc1984 wrote: »
    The DVD version was good in the day, but awful by todays standards, as for the blu ray you have to appreciate the film is 20 years old, i thought the video quality was good for its age and wasn't graining like I've seen on other old films, and the 5.1DTS HD track was a nice added bonus. Loads better than the DVD.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/ID-Blu-ray/38005/ As far as i can see this is the only blu ray version released.

Cheers for the info.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I purchased 2 last things I was looking for for a while (Bergerac complete series and cheers complete series) Got them both today
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,178
    Forum Member
    Series 1 of Airwolf
    Series 1 of the A Team
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitch Perfect (2012)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terra Nova (The Complete Series) on DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today from Tesco i got Terminator and Terminator 2 ( i already have the third one , and the 4th was crap lol)....Am looking forward to seeing the new one out soon
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blakes 7 series 2 and 3, from CeX. I did have series 4 on DVD, but I only watched it once then sold it on. Wish I'd kept that now.

Also, Stalingrad (1993), on DVD. I used to own this on DVD, but it was the 4:3 dubbed only version. This time it's widescreen with subtitles, which is great.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    The 10 Commandments. The transfer is absolutely stunning. They've done a fantastic job with it.

I have a soft spot for the old biblical epics.