Dallas Buyers Club

124»

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Well done Jared and Matthew :)

also to the awesome make up team with their $250 budget! :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew he was going to win the Oscar, I thought it was quite inevitable given the subject matter and the physical change McConaughey underwent .
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I knew he was going to win the Oscar, I thought it was quite inevitable given the subject matter and the physical change McConaughey underwent .

It was quite inevitable given the powerful performance he produced.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dvd screener is out and is a fantastic film
    Matthew M and Jared Leto give such astonishing performances. Even Jennifer Garner is brilliant too. I learned something about the treatment of dealing with Aids i had never known before. It is an eye opening film. I would urge anyone to see this.

I can't wait to watch this.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it last night - fantastic film with outstanding performances, completely deserving of the awards it has received. The cinema was fairly full - presumably a lot of people, like me, trying to catch the film off the back of the Oscars as it must be coming to the end of its run. It was quite a "vocal" crowd - laughing out loud at some of the comedy and audible gasping in places. I think that's because the comic moments are in such stark relief with the overall subject matter. I found it engrossing and very thought provoking. I agree that Ron's return to the house at the end was very emotional - even for an old cynic like me.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In hindsight, I think Jean-Marc Vallee was robbed at the Oscars. He deserved a nom. But this year's was so packed.