Humax Foxsat HDR: Invalid Postcode

Robbie34Robbie34 Posts: 193
Forum Member
I'm presently in France in my caravan and can't get my Humax box to accept my postcode so that I can do a Freesat tune. It just comes up with "invalid postcode." Unfortunately, I haven't used this box for almost twelve months as it is only used when I go away in the caravan.

Comments

• ClemClem Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that linked to the fact that the receiver can't see the Freesat EPG channel? I could well be wrong, but something like that seems to ring a bell.

Clem
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clem wrote: »
    Isn't that linked to the fact that the receiver can't see the Freesat EPG channel? I could well be wrong, but something like that seems to ring a bell.

Clem

Needs to see the Freesat home transponder. 11427 H (might say 11428 H). Now on UK spot beam. OP needs to post location. Should be OK in Northern France but may need a larger dish for current location.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie34 wrote: »
    I'm presently in France in my caravan and can't get my Humax box to accept my postcode so that I can do a Freesat tune. It just comes up with "invalid postcode." Unfortunately, I haven't used this box for almost twelve months as it is only used when I go away in the caravan.

Always do a freesat tune before you leave the UK.
  • Robbie34Robbie34 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Thanks for those replies.

I'm in Normandy and don't usually have a problem getting Astra 2 but on this occasion I just can't pull it in. I have a 60cm dish and had no problem here last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for those replies.

I'm in Normandy and don't usually have a problem getting Astra 2 but on this occasion I just can't pull it in. I have a 60cm dish and had no problem here last year.

It was not on the UK spot beam last year.
    Forum Member
    I still haven't managed to tune in Freesat Channels but have got all of the channels using manual search. I still get the message Invalid Postcode yet I have 90% signal strength and 80% quality. The manual search indicates 100% signal and 90% quality.

Any ideas how to get around the invalid postcode, or how I can initiate a Freesat search?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't managed to tune in Freesat Channels but have got all of the channels using manual search. I still get the message Invalid Postcode yet I have 90% signal strength and 80% quality. The manual search indicates 100% signal and 90% quality.

Any ideas how to get around the invalid postcode, or how I can initiate a Freesat search?

Manual search for 11427 H or 11428 H and post what you get for quality. If you get a good signal then a freesat search will work.
    Forum Member
    I have managed to do a Freesat tune after the box eventually accepted my postcode.

I have no idea what was wrong, but after umpteen factory resets it detected the signal and accepted my postcode. Signal strength on BBC1 is 100% and quality is also 100%.