Options

No ad breaks on ch5 tonight

kylie_madonnakylie_madonna Posts: 405
Forum Member
Watching Ant and Dec doc on Ch5 and for some of the breaks it hasn't even gone too an ad break it's gone straight back into the program not even channel show trailers like I've seen ITV do when no actual ads too show. Are things that bad at ch5?

Comments

• Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Ant and Dec doc on Ch5 and for some of the breaks it hasn't even gone too an ad break it's gone straight back into the program not even channel show trailers like I've seen ITV do when no actual ads too show. Are things that bad at ch5?

If there showing a Ant and Dec doc then that as bad as it gets.:p:p
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could well be a play out error.

/turns it off and back on again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Could well be a play out error.

/turns it off and back on again!

Possibly as it happened with 2 ad breaks but noticed later on after one the ads just started in some random place in the doc
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automatied playout? That sounds new I suppose it isn't. Anyway computers can and do go wrong that's a fact! I have recorded that programme so I will look at the results tomorrow or another day of this issue.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't there already been enough of Ant & Dec this week?
  • Options
    Brian The DogBrian The Dog Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Automated playout is one thing but when it gets to the point that they can afford to employ at least one person to monitor that playout, then things are bad.

It's like that at work: if we had double the amount of people we need to run the place tomorrow we would still be criminally understaffed. At the moment they just think that everyone will do three jobs at once and don't care if you can't.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was probably made by ITV. I recall they showed 'An Audience with Ken Dodd' some time ago which had no breaks, just like VHS tapes went from End of PArt One to Part two with no break. I assume th OP did not mean ALL last night, just that show?
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Maybe experimenting, with alternative funding models etc :p
  • Options
    IandigitalspyIandigitalspy Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I noticed it as well. I thought I was watching it On Demand but I wasn't.

I liked how Channel 5 scheduled Kitten's Got Talent, and The Ant & Dec Story the day after the Britain's Got Talent semi finals finished. I wonder how many people switched to Channel 5 by accident looking for BGT.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automated playout is one thing but when it gets to the point that they can afford to employ at least one person to monitor that playout, then things are bad..

Channel 5 playout is monitored 24/7, so whatever happened was probably deliberate. It may be that the ads were inserted at other times, rather than the original break points within the programme. it'll be on C5+24 tonight if anyone wants to see what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show was probably made by ITV. I recall they showed 'An Audience with Ken Dodd' some time ago which had no breaks, just like VHS tapes went from End of PArt One to Part two with no break. I assume th OP did not mean ALL last night, just that show?

No not all last night haha. Just 2 ad breaks. For one ad break it came randomly in middle of show while explaining something
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not all last night haha. Just 2 ad breaks. For one ad break it came randomly in middle of show while explaining something

Watched A&D doc on +24 tonight (due to clashes last night with shows including HIGNFY) and can confirm it again followed an odd break pattern, some breaks coming in at the flagged-up break points and others not, it was quite jarring at times to be in the middle of a segment then suddenly jump to ads (and almost as odd to get a 'coming up' sequence then carry straight on with the show, though we've all surely seen that before...)
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also happened Saturday Night with the Best of Bad 80s TV Programme.