Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have met Billy Connolly......
    My neighbour used to work for him and his wife. She said both Billy and Pam treated her like family.
  • KankuretteKankurette Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I've mentioned Space before in this thread, but just dropping in to say that I had a massive panic attack after their gig last week in Birmingham, due to an arsehole bouncer. Tommy Scott was posing for pictures with fans, and when he saw me freaking out, he came over and calmed me down. I went and sat in the backstage area with him and a couple of mates, and Franny (the keyboard player) came backstage as well and we hung out for a bit. It was one of the nicest things they've ever done and I'm so grateful to Tommy for it. I haven't got a bad word to say about the guy.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    My neighbour used to work for him and his wife. She said both Billy and Pam treated her like family.

My Uncle knows him, and says Billy is a great guy.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Met chris fountain in a night club. Thought he was really nice. Met emmet scanlon who was brendan Brady in Holly Oaks in Dublin last Christmas and is absolutely lovely so humble and friendly
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Son number 2 has had Mike Tindall in his shop a few times ( usually picking up slabs of beer), says he is delightful. Also Charles Dance who was extremely nice and posed for a photo which now graces the office.
    He also served Sean Bean in the Guinness tent at the races, he had a bevy of pretty girls with him and tipped said son very handsomely.
  • WhatadayWhataday Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I have heard of two stories about Edward Heath being awful, and not just his long running feud with Maggie. On one occasion he sat next to a woman and completely ignored her for two hours ( his misogyny was well known) and also ignored the president of the Oxford Union as he didn't share his views on Europe. For all he wasn't that bad a PM, as an individual he struck me as he got older as a bitter, vindictive old man who seemed to dislike anyone that disagreed with him.

There are some pretty nasty rumours about Heath if you Google him.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whataday wrote: »
    There are some pretty nasty rumours about Heath if you Google him.

Featuring yachts & young people, Satanism and Savile, I believe.
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit old school here but met cricket legends Devon Malcolm, Phil De Freitas and John Emburey at a charity cricket event this year. Total gentlemen one and all. Spent ages signing autographs for fans. As a member of the hospitality team I also saw them when they were 'off duty' and they were all really lovely guys without any hint of diva about them.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LooCY91 wrote: »
    I was at a wake in July of this year when I had the misfortune to bump into Christopher Malloney (X Factor contestant).

The father of the baby (who's funeral it was by the way) made a silly joke to Chris, something along the lines of ''alrite lad, hows Simon?'' only to get a look of disgust in return.

5 minutes later whilst outside a car drives out of the car park with Chris in the passenger seat and his sister hanging out of the window screaming ''we'll be back'' amongst other obscenities. As promised 5-6 men turned up at the pub not long after (one managing to trap my friends arm in a door, repeatedly slamming it.

Police where called and I can conclude he and the family of his I have came across are vile human beings.

Interesting.

This was a headline that appeared in August this year.
    Christopher Maloney 'attacked by thugs' during a night out with his ...

26 Aug 2013 - The 35-year-old X Factor finalist says he was attending birthday party when a gang targeted him as he made his way back to his car.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    I saw Paul Nicholas on the TV today and he seems like a lovely man. I used to like him in Just Good Friends and Bust (showing my age there :o:D) I wondered if anyone has met him and if he was nice or not so nice? Also as I mentioned Just Good Friends, has anyone met Jan Francis? I liked her too.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Bit old school here but met cricket legends Devon Malcolm, Phil De Freitas and John Emburey at a charity cricket event this year. Total gentlemen one and all. Spent ages signing autographs for fans. As a member of the hospitality team I also saw them when they were 'off duty' and they were all really lovely guys without any hint of diva about them.

I had a huge crush on Phil De Freitas - glad to know he's a gent!

I remember going to one of those celebrity cricket matches years ago (it was arranged by Bill Wyman) - as we were watching - Michael Holding ran towards me to pick up the ball and as he raised his head - I'm sure he was smiling at me and me alone - he's another of my crushes - I think it was these two who made cricket bearable for me. They both played for Lancashire at one time or another too so I believe!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I’ve met literally hundreds of celebs over the years and all of them listed below were fantastic with their fans, very generous with their time, warm and friendly including:

Orlando Bloom (met Orlando many times when he did a London play in 2007)
    Nathaniel Parker (Inspector Lynley)
    Neil Dudgeon (Midsomer Murders – I run his website)
    Colin Morgan (Merlin)
    Bradley James (Merlin)
    Anthony Head (Merlin)
    Katie McGrath (Merlin)
    Alex Vlahos (Merlin)
    Eoin Macken (Merlin)
    Santiago Cabrera (Merlin)
    Tom Hopper (Merlin)
    Steve Tompkinson
    Neil Pearson
    Ben Whishaw
    Daniel Radcliffe
    Helen Mirren
    Judi Dench
    Darren Hayes
    Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean
    Matt Evers (Dancing on Ice)
    Dan Whiston (Dancing on Ice)
    Matthew Wolfenden
    David Tennant
    Matt Smith
    John Nettles
    New Kids on the Block
    Evansecence
    Elijah Wood
    Viggo Mortensen
    Billy Boyd
    Sean Austin
    Michael Barrymore
    Nick Reding (ex Silent Witness)
    Iain Fletcher (ex The Bill)
    Kevin Whately
    John McGlynn (Silent Witness, All Creatures great and small)
    Eddie Izzard
    Billy Connolly
    Simon Shepherd
    Nigel Le Vaillant (ex Casualty)
    Adam Rickitt
    Dan Corsi (male model)
    John Simm

:cool:

and loads more

I'm a civil servant and have worked for Tony Blair, John Prescott, Gordon Brown, Tessa Jowell and David Miliband and my then local MP Tony McWalter and was very fond of them of esp Tony Blair. He was amazing to work with, I learnt so much from him and got on really well with him. :D

The only celeb I met that was really off was Michael French when he did Art alongside Steve Tompkinson at the Wyndhams theatre but there was a really annoying women there so it might have been because she kept trying to catch him whenever he arrived or left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Nicest
    Sunetra Sarker and Heather Peace (Also so lovely on twitter aswell)
    Tristian Gemmill
    Jane Hazelgrove (she gave us a lift back to our hotel coz it was snowing and freezing v funny lady)
    Matt Cardle, Oh he is adorable
    Matt Lucas
    Nicola Roberts (very shy)

Horrible
    David Walliams PRICK!
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Horrible
    David Walliams PRICK!

What was the rest of him like?
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible
    David Walliams PRICK!

That's strange, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Paul Nicholas on the TV today and he seems like a lovely man. I used to like him in Just Good Friends and Bust (showing my age there :o:D) I wondered if anyone has met him and if he was nice or not so nice? Also as I mentioned Just Good Friends, has anyone met Jan Francis? I liked her too.

Yes he was director of ''A Tale of Two Cities'' which I saw
    It had Jonathan Ansell in it.
    Paul is very nice and friendly
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone met Morrissey before as I'm interested?
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    My son and his wife have been in Norfolk this week and went on the little steam train from Sheringham to Holt........with Rick Wakeman on board!

My son said there was a BBC film crew there who he appeared to be with. He spoke to Rick Wakeman and said he was very friendly and nice and posed for a photo with my son.

Rick Wakeman is really nice. He performed at our local theatre and when developers wanted to knock it down my hubby emailed him to tell him. He replied to hubby and also wrote to the newspaper and council to voice his objection
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading through some of the earlier posts on here, there have been a few negative posts about Lynsey De Paul, with a few people saying she could be snobbish and nearly got into a fight with Suzi Quatro in 1973 on the set of TOTP.
    I've generally found her decent enough on the television and she works hard for the PRS and animal charities and this surprises me.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Reading through some of the earlier posts on here, there have been a few negative posts about Lynsey De Paul, with a few people saying she could be snobbish and nearly got into a fight with Suzi Quatro in 1973 on the set of TOTP.
    I've generally found her decent enough on the television and she works hard for the PRS and animal charities and this surprises me.

She attended a charity show that I was at last year and she was happy to talk to people. John Bercow was there too and I was so tempted to say 'sorry about your wife'!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After you've met him a few times, you can never tell how Keith Lemon is going to be. He can be as nice as anything one day, and then suddenly turn on you. He's a mystery, that one.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member

Tristian Gemmill

I saw Tristan with his baby in my local Waitrose in Bristol about 3 years ago - even better looking in the flesh than he is on screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowan Atkinson- lovely, very down to earth and reserved. Really nice man.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I've never met anyone to talk about but my mums close friend worked for Judi Dench some time ago and always said how lovely she was, very chatty and down to earth.
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    After you've met him a few times, you can never tell how Keith Lemon is going to be. He can be as nice as anything one day, and then suddenly turn on you. He's a mystery, that one.

As well as being a fictional character...