Options

The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some dodgy decisions:
    Rejecting Rachael, Sina and Soni and MaryAnne and keeping Marlisa, Brothers 3 (who were as bad as S & S) and the wheelchair dude were :confused: in particular.

Plus I thought Jaymie was lucky that the standard in the Boys category is quite low
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges this year have the following categories:

Dannii: The groups
    Redfoo: Over 25's
    Natalie: The boys
    Ronan: The girls

Foo getting the Overs is still weird for me. Yes, he was in his 30s when he created LMFAO, but what else? The only upside is his Berry Gordy, Jr. (who is alive) connection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so my updated preferred Top 12 (bar in mind this is before any of the Overs, Boys or Groups perform solo):

Girls:

Shanelle Dargan (far and away)
    Codi Kaye or Marlisa
    Sydnee (her latest performance was very poor but she has a good voice)

Overs:

Riegan Derry
    Amali Ward
    Daniel Kellart

Boys:

Tee
    James Johnston (better than Jaymie Deboucherville in terms of WGWG's)
    Dean

Groups:
    Trinity
    Trill
    Majick Honey

There's no way we'll get three girlbands through but the two boybands shown haven't wowed me at all. Hoped for a manufactured Mixed Group
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RACHAEL IS OUT!!!!!!:o:o

Stupid decision:cry:
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, would someone mind linking me up to where you're able to watch full episodes? I really wanted to get into this series, but haven't been able to find a decent channel. Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges this year have the following categories:

Dannii: The groups
    Redfoo: Over 25's
    Natalie: The boys
    Ronan: The girls

was hoping Danni got the Over as they are 1 of if not the strongest cat & redfoo will ruin them IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Hey, would someone mind linking me up to where you're able to watch full episodes? I really wanted to get into this series, but haven't been able to find a decent channel. Thanks in advance :)

j1mzo7 uploads full clips
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the manufactured girlband will be interesting, the boyband seems too similar to previous flop boybands like All About tonight judging on them individually
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So sad that Beatz didn't get through. I am now fully supporting Reigan!!!
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I am kind of happy with the categories atm, each one still has my favourite left as well others I really like, a bit sad to see S&S go as well as Rachael but glad that Sydnee, Chloe, Jaymie, Dean, Trill, Trinity and Brothers 3 are through, hope they're all in the top 12 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My top 12 would now be:

Girls:
    Sydnee Carter
    Shannelle Dargan
    And any of those others except Alice.

Boys:
    James Johnston
    Dean Ray
    Tee

Overs:
    Reigan Derry (My overall favourite)
    Stephanie Totino
    Daniel Kellart

Groups:
    Trill
    Trinity
    Brothers 3
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED Marlissa:D best of the girls imo

Even when she forgot the words, Sydnee still sounded great. She's my personal fav:)

Still can't get over Rachael being sent home. Beatz and Mary too:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe Rachel,Beatz and Mary were sent home so early.They made such a big deal about all of them !I thought maybe they might be wildcards but wildcards are always picked from contestants at Judges Houses stage,find it very strange!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I agree with the comments above whilst I am disappointed with most of the decisions I still have favourites in each category and plus Dannii has the groups finalllllyyyyy
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RACHAEL IS OUT!!!!!!:o:o

Stupid decision:cry:

Why, yes she did a great first audition, but we haven't seen everything that the judges have seen. They have to handle singing a new song given to them at a moments notice. They also have to perform minus their guitars and harmonise with other singers. They will be thrown out of their comfort zone every week! Maybe Rachel's performance at Boot camp wasn't as strong as the others that were there. We only see a very small part of what they did on the day so we aren't in any position to judge;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do we know anyone that has gone through to the Judges House stage yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    Why, yes she did a great first audition, but we haven't seen everything that the judges have seen. They have to handle singing a new song given to them at a moments notice. They also have to perform minus their guitars and harmonise with other singers. They will be thrown out of their comfort zone every week! Maybe Rachel's performance at Boot camp wasn't as strong as the others that were there. We only see a very small part of what they did on the day so we aren't in any position to judge;-)

Marlisa and Sydnee also messed up but were put through on the basis of how strong they have been, Rachael's audition was one of the best so a lot of us cant understand he logic there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When's the next round of bootcamp?
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    When's the next round of bootcamp?

Tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Marlisa and Sydnee also messed up but were put through on the basis of how strong they have been, Rachael's audition was one of the best so a lot of us cant understand he logic there

Where has it been said that Rachel has been put out of the competition. We have only seen half of Ronan's 12 contestants and he hasn't said which 6 he is taking to judges houses yet. There are 2 more episodes of Boot Camp left before that happens:confused:
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    Where has it been said that Rachel has been put out of the competition. We have only seen half of Ronan's 12 contestants and he hasn't said which 6 he is taking to judges houses yet. There are 2 more episodes of Boot Camp left before that happens:confused:

if you pause when its revealed he has the girls you can see who the 12 are she isnt there so she has been eliminated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    if you pause when its revealed he has the girls you can see who the 12 are she isnt there so she has been eliminated

Ahh ok. Now I could be wrong here but could the Australian "wild card" be that the audience gets to vote back an act from each category that they want back into the competition. If they have left out strong competitors then the chances are they will get voted back into the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just remembered didn't someone say that they saw Rachel in the picture of Ronan in NY with his girls at home visits:confused

Last year in the UK show they had the "chair" where the judges had to choose one to swap over in their 6 - maybe a switch will be made at the end of the week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just remembered didn't someone say that they saw Rachel in the picture of Ronan in NY with his girls at home visits:confused

Last year in the UK show they had the "chair" where the judges had to choose one to swap over in their 6 - maybe a switch will be made at the end of the week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remembered didn't someone say that they saw Rachel in the picture of Ronan in NY with his girls at home visits:confused:

Last year in the UK show they had the "chair" where the judges got to vote off and swap one of their contestants over - perhaps this is where Rachel might get back in??