Options

Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest myth in the gaming world. FIFA has never overtook PES despite what various Sheeple may say. FIFA got better, yes. PES got worse, yes. But it's never been the better game. Even the really bad instalments of PES were still better.

It is funny all my casual footballing friends who blindly buy the game every year moaning how hard it is to score :D

Casual footy fans play FIFA.
    Real footy obsessives play PES.

So which is the better footy game? My vote is with the real footy fans here. But you are free to make your choice. Maybe FIFA is better as it's more suited to a casual, mass audience?

So I watch football almost every day there is a live match on Sky Sports/ITV/BBC, I'll go out of my way to watch Liverpool even on shitty streams during pre season friendlies, I'll watch foreign leagues, I'll watch competitions that my team aren't even in just to see the football, I watch every England game even friendlies, I watch a lot of international games including almost every game of the world cup, I have seeming endless discussing with friends that carry on over social media and in person where we'll talk about players, situations and games

But because I buy FIFA I'm not a Hardcore footy fan, I'm not even a real footy obsessive, you know its people like you that give PES a bad name claiming some kind of superiority over other football fans because you play a less popular game, here's an idea maybe FIFA is more popular because football fans (including whatever you deem as real ones) buy FIFA
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest myth in the gaming world. FIFA has never overtook PES despite what various Sheeple may say. FIFA got better, yes. PES got worse, yes. But it's never been the better game. Even the really bad instalments of PES were still better.

It is funny all my casual footballing friends who blindly buy the game every year moaning how hard it is to score :D

So which is the better footy game? My vote is with the real footy fans here. But you are free to make your choice. Maybe FIFA is better as it's more suited to a casual, mass audience?

I cant even begin to express how bored I am of this tedious stereotype. You know what, I cant even be arsed. I've already given my thoughts on it earlier on in this thread.

Anyway, my thoughts on the demo. I've probably played 4/5 games now and I still cant decide if I like it or not. The goalkeepers are game ruining if they dont get fixed IMO, the amount of soft shots I've scored where the keeper doesnt even move, I think it wouldnt be long before my pad would be through the TV whilst playing online if this wasnt fixed for the final version.

Looking forward to trying the PES demo this week. I guess whichever I decide this year determines whether Im a real football fan or not for 14/15? ;-) What if I buy both does that mean I have to split my time between being obsessive and casual??
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member

That's the biggest load of pish I've read in my life! I go to every one of my team's home games as a season ticket holder and quite a few away games too. I've stood on the terraces on a cold wet Tuesday night in winter watching bottom tier football in grounds with no roofs & I've been to away European games & a European final watching them.

If I buy any if the two, it would be FIFA
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was true in 2004 when FIFA was a shambles and PES was king, but today FIFA despite its shortcomings is simply the better game because PES is a shambles. I eat sleep and drink football, have done for as long I can remember. I'm certainly no casual fan, but PES is just a bad game. It doesn't matter if the player makes the intelligent run better than FIFA, if the game is shit then people wont play it. And that is coming from somebody who was a PES cheerleader. I have said before when I was a teenager in the PES glory days if you admitted that you played FIFA you would be openly laughed at by any football fan. And why would you play FIFA it was garbage, it did not resemble football. And today FIFA is still a lot more arcady than PES but PES is just a bad game. They just cant get it right.
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I cant even begin to express how bored I am of this tedious stereotype. You know what, I cant even be arsed. I've already given my thoughts on it earlier on in this thread.

But that stereotype was true as I have alluded to above. PES was the innovator of most of what we see in FIFA today. They even copy and pasted the PES controls, except switching the shoot and cross buttons. PES introduces 1-2 pass by holding down L1 and X. The next year its in FIFA and its the same buttons. PES introduces player runs or pressing or whatever and it would be in FIFA the next year or so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But that stereotype was true as I have alluded to above. PES was the innovator of most of what we see in FIFA today. They even copy and pasted the PES controls, except switching the shoot and cross buttons. PES introduces 1-2 pass by holding down L1 and X. The next year its in FIFA and its the same buttons. PES introduces player runs or pressing or whatever and it would be in FIFA the next year or so.

Just because PES was once the better game doesn't mean that even then real football fans only played PES, I was a fan back in the PS2 era and yes PES was miles better but even when I played FIFA it didn't make me any less of a fan

Being a Real football fan has nothing to do with game you play and has to do with whether or not you support and follow a team, that is all, the stereotype is always will be bullshit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tbh I just cant agree that a preference over a video game determines if you are a hardcore fan or a casual one, regardless on what side of the PES/FIFA fence you are on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Just because PES was once the better game doesn't mean that even then real football fans only played PES, I was a fan back in the PS2 era and yes PES was miles better but even when I played FIFA it didn't make me any less of a fan

Being a Real football fan has nothing to do with game you play and has to do with whether or not you support and follow a team, that is all, the stereotype is always will be bullshit

FIFA just didn't resemble anything like football back in those days. An example. On my mega drive I had FIFA 95. My mate had International Superstar Soccer Deluxe on the SNES. Off the top of my head, Qatar were the worst team in FIFA 95 with a rating of 55 maybe. I could be at any team by repeatedly pressing C "shoot". That is all I had to do nothing else no passing no running no looking at the screen!. You could score regularly from kick off. ISS on the other hand required basic football knowledge to play. And FIFA didn't really change for years. Even if you go back and look at he reviews of FIFA and compare them to PES you can see what the reviewers are saying. You may have been a fan of FIFA just like you are a fan of Aliens and refuse to admit that game is a steaming pile of shit despite 99% of people on here and the world saying otherwise. When you are in that 1% you are either very brave or very stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I just cant agree that a preference over a video game determines if you are a hardcore fan or a casual one, regardless on what side of the PES/FIFA fence you are on.

No of course not it was childish playground stuff. But it didn't hide the fact that PES did play like real football and FIFA didn't. There are plenty of examples of games like this. Championship manager was King (it had a monopoly on the Football Manger games from the 90's). Nothing even came close. As a kid (teenager) if you said the best football manager game was LMA manager on the PS2 you would have been laughed at. They didnt even compare. And im sure when Football Manager came on the scene and Championship Manager started to fall the same stuff would have been said only this time it would have been Football Manager getting the "real football fans". And they would have been right because Championship manager, a game that once people would have thought untouchable is out of business.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great points from both red & dead and speed loafer here

i dont wanna get into the whole hardcore/casual fan thing too much as it does annoy people i respect on here.

what i will say is that red is right in that fifa improved,pes went backwards but fifa NEVER overtook pes gameplay wise. the worst pes is still better than the best fifa.

loafer is also right that you need to truly understand the game to play pes, just a casual knowledge of the rules suffices on fifa.

stuff like getting the ball out of your feet to shoot actually makes a difference on pes, its little things like that set it apart from fifa on a whole different level.

as for people saying they are hardcore fans and watch europeon football...how can you be happy with xavi sprinting down wing?
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha so being a Liverpool fan and watching them on Sky Sports and dodgy streams makes you a real football fan? Please :D Do you ever watch Spanish or South American football? (PES has a heavy latin influence). People can go on about stereotypes but a lot of the times they are true whether we like to admit it or not ;-)

Speedloafer, I respect you passion and insight though despite us being on different sides of the fence. But will you concede FIFA plays more to a casual audience?

We know PES is messy around the edges but what specifically about the gameplay of FIFA makes it better? FIFA I find scripted, linier, feels like playing on rails, restrictive, same goals all the time. PES is clumsy but feels 'real' every goal is different, it's off the rails, random, unpredictable. I feel you can score an infinitive amount of different goals on PES, FIFA it's the same 'low brow' goals each time.

I look forward to hearing how the gameplay is better than PES because with all the ranting and raving from the FIFA brigade, they find it very difficult to back up their claims when it comes to the actual specifics of the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the points that have been made mean nothing, you don't need a Football game to be a football fan or are people saying that some of the older folks who have been going for decade and couldn't even turn on a games console let alone play a game, they aren't fans

Can we stop this stupid this makes you a real fan because...

And can we get back to talking about the qualities (or lack thereof in some cases) of the FIFA demo and to awaiting the PES demo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha so being a Liverpool fan and watching them on Sky Sports and dodgy streams makes you a real football fan? Please :D Do you ever watch Spanish or South American football? (PES has a heavy latin influence). People can go on about stereotypes but a lot of the times they are true whether we like to admit it or not ;-)

Are you implying supporting a football team and liking football in general doesn't make me a real football fan? This is way I hate these FIFA vs PES arguments sometimes, nobody told me there are new extra requirements if you want to be a REAL fan

Yes I watch Spanish football, no I don't watch South American football

Also stereotypes are wrong a lot of the time, need a bring up the recent #gamergate scandal, during which every gamer, that includes you and me, where tarred with the same brush
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No of course not it was childish playground stuff. But it didn't hide the fact that PES did play like real football and FIFA didn't. .

I completely agree with you, I remember FIFA being absolutely awful back in the days when I was on PES on the PS2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Speedloafer, I respect you passion and insight though despite us being on different sides of the fence. But will you concede FIFA plays more to a casual audience?

We know PES is messy around the edges but what specifically about the gameplay of FIFA makes it better? FIFA I find scripted, linier, feels like playing on rails, restrictive, same goals all the time. PES is clumsy but feels 'real' every goal is different, it's off the rails, random, unpredictable. I feel you can score an infinitive amount of different goals on PES, FIFA it's the same 'low brow' goals each time.

I look forward to hearing how the gameplay is better than PES because with all the ranting and raving from the FIFA brigade, they find it very difficult to back up their claims when it comes to the actual specifics of the game.

another very good point and one i mentioned earlier, yet to recieve many replies.

we know graphics look good,we know licenses are great, we know commentary is top notch. but can anyone say why they prefer fifa to pes GAMEPLAY wise?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    another very good point and one i mentioned earlier, yet to recieve many replies.

we know graphics look good,we know licenses are great, we know commentary is top notch. but can anyone say why they prefer fifa to pes GAMEPLAY wise?????

I'm not really sure what you are expecting here, obviously people who prefer FIFA to PES just prefer the way it plays - just like when I preferred PES to FIFA was just because it felt better to play. The passing/shooting/control all have felt better to me on FIFA for the past few years. To me personally the licences etc are just a bonus. Gameplay is 100% the key, to buy a game because the graphics are amazing would be like buying a film cos the DVD case looked good.

Like I said a few posts ago, I'm not sold on the fifa demo at all & I'm looking forward to trying PES on weds (it is weds isn't it?) but same as every season I'll be buying which ever FEELS better to play to me, simple as that. I've still not ruled out buying both either but I've deffo a downer on fifa since the demo. I'd have to hear a few things have been fixed before considering it

Did I read somewhere that PES were including the weekly stat updates like they do on FIFA? That would be a big bonus if they do, I think that's one of the big things I'd miss about FIFA, I used to enjoy watching LaLiga & Serie A over a weekend thinking the teams and players I'd be trying out in the next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

Thread has gone eerily quiet hasn't it? But FIFA overtook PES years ago as well all know so that's all what's matters. Baaaaaaaaaaa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread has gone eerily quiet hasn't it? But FIFA overtook PES years ago as well all know so that what's matters. Baaaaaaaaaaa.

How old are you?

Just dont really see the point in inflammatory comments like this and "sheeple" tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread has gone eerily quiet hasn't it? But FIFA overtook PES years ago as well all know so that's all what's matters. Baaaaaaaaaaa.

i put my fifa demo thoughts on facebook status and the comments i recieved back were

LOL who plays pes?
    pes sucks
    man blue haha
    fifa rules!

not one explanation of why fifa was better though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dont really see the point in inflammatory comments
    How old are you?

Can anyone spot the fault in this post?

I suspect it won't be as difficult to decipher as why FIFA has better than gameplay than PES is proving to be.

I think we need to below the FT whistle.

PES 1 FIFA 0. After extra time and beyond. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh.....

It was a serious question? :confused:

Id understand it if you were in your teens/early 20's but any older then I dont think it adds anything to an adult debate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suspect it won't be as difficult to decipher as why FIFA has better than gameplay than PES is proving to be.

Like I said before you edited it was a serious question.

But yes agreed, this debate is only going one way and I really cant be bothered. Hope you enjoy this years PES and I'll enjoy whichever I decide to get :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I can spot the fault in your post

You are assuming that one game has better gameplay is a fact when in true even if 100% of the population of the earth agreed it would still not be a fact, let me try to explain

2+2=4 = A fact
    PES has better gameplay than FIFA = Opinion

I hope this helps you spot mistakes easier in future

(this thread was actually a pretty nice place until a few days ago, oh well we all knew how it would turn out eventually, schoolyard mine is better than yours type stuff)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas why do you think fifa has better gameplay than pes? we have only seen reasons for pes gameplay out lined so far. surely someone can lists fifas good points?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said before you edited it was a serious question.

But yes agreed, this debate is only going one way and I really cant be bothered. Hope you enjoy this years PES and I'll enjoy whichever I decide to get :)

Agreed this was nice place until people started posting thought on the FIFA demo, since then its become the usual arguments and its bordering on tedium

Perhaps its time for both groups to go their separate ways and we'll start FIFA 15 and PES 15 threads
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Agreed this was nice place until people started posting thought on the FIFA demo, since then its become the usual arguments and its bordering on tedium

Perhaps its time for both groups to go their separate ways and we'll start FIFA 15 and PES 15 threads

or you could just post why you think fifa is better?????????? you seem to be actually avoiding the question now

and i am sorry but if the demo sucks people are entitled to say so. that does not mean this this thread is not a nice place to be.