Options

HO.. annoying Diane!

kelly_barnardkelly_barnard Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
how can a character be that stupid!

i understand that you protected your kids. But there is so much evidence againsted Finn it unbelieveable!!!

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Diane is equal parts deluded and vile. She carries on and on about any alleged crimes against her family stating her opinions as fact and wilfully ignores any evidence against them.

Ste hiit the nail on the head, the only person responsible for messing up Finn's head is her.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    She's unbearable, I can't stand watching much more of her nonsense. It doesn't matter what the facts are, she'll just decide her own reality anyway.
  • Options
    Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really upsetting she's there for Finn, but so easily believed that Sinead killed Katy. I don't like Sinead, but good on her she supports them both now, although they rejected her earlier.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't believe that Diane believes Finn's grooming story. Interested to see where this goes now.

surely the prosecution will be asking why he didnt say all this from the start. hopefully Robbie will speak up too
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anna_W wrote: »
    It's really upsetting she's there for Finn, but so easily believed that Sinead killed Katy. I don't like Sinead, but good on her she supports them both now, although they rejected her earlier.

a very good point. I hadn't thought of that. She's absolutely infuriating
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although Diane is wrong, wrong , wrong again and very annoying if you're a parent yourself you can see where she's coming from.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Although Diane is wrong, wrong , wrong again and very annoying if you're a parent yourself you can see where she's coming from.

I agree.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    She may be annoying, yes, but I think Alex Fletcher is portraying Diane's anguish pretty well. Having her son (or stepson) charged with raping his teacher is a very difficult position for any loving mother to find herself in.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Fair point, but there's struggling to accept it and then there's accusing a rape victim of lying and verbal abusing them on a daily basis.
  • Options
    Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Diane is equal parts deluded and vile. She carries on and on about any alleged crimes against her family stating her opinions as fact and wilfully ignores any evidence against them.

Ste hiit the nail on the head, the only person responsible for messing up Finn's head is her.

Yes she is completely vile and no redemption from her. When she was first introduced people liked her and wanted her to be on screen more but now i'd say people would prefer not to see her on screen much. The character is so stupid she makes Theresa McQueen look like someone who can actually write her own name correctly without assistance. She needs to leave.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane destroying the evidence on Finn's laptop that time reminded me of Sam Lomax destroying the evidence that Tegan was going to elope with Fraser. Hollyoaks love repeating storylines and coming up with ridic twists to string them out.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    She may be annoying, yes, but I think Alex Fletcher is portraying Diane's anguish pretty well. Having her son (or stepson) charged with raping his teacher is a very difficult position for any loving mother to find herself in.

I agree. Alex Fletcher is a very strong actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I agree. Alex Fletcher is a very strong actress.

She is. It's kind of a shame her talents are used on such an unlikeable character, though. I did enjoy (maybe not quite the right word) the scenes of her crying over Finn's poem and pictures. Very sad and touching.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member

Agreed. She's not even their blood parent but they chose her over their own father, so she probably feels an added duty to look after them.

I do think though that she generally thinks about the reputation of the family, hence why she verbally abuses JP.

And yet, she seems to care more about supporting her son than the McQueens do about supporting JP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Agreed. She's not even their blood parent but they chose her over their own father, so she probably feels an added duty to look after them.

I do think though that she generally thinks about the reputation of the family, hence why she verbally abuses JP.

And yet, she seems to care more about supporting her son than the McQueens do about supporting JP.

You can see that deep down she knows he is guilty.

But you can see that most of the village residents think he is guilty. Like Leela's comments yesterday about Diane ripping into JP, and Leela hardly likes JP.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Good actress but annoying character wouldn't be surprised if she offed in the annual cull. If the Tony/Sinead thing has come out yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Good actress but annoying character wouldn't be surprised if she offed in the annual cull. If the Tony/Sinead thing has come out yet.

That's why I have thought to make way for Sinead and Tony to bring up the twins together.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    is it only me that finds it funny Finn acts all tough with his evil stares yet second he gets found out he is crying for his mummy and her defence.
    and yes diane is annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's why I have thought to make way for Sinead and Tony to bring up the twins together.

We can't have more people bringing up their siblings!

I reckon if Diane is killed off, Tony will eventually find someone else and Sinead will go back to being like a stepdaughter. Tony will probably realise that what Sinead needs most is a father figure so I hope he will man up and do the right thing.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Diane is a fool! she will believe anything its so unbelievable

her children to be fair are nightmares!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're not going to die Sinead down to Tony long term.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Isn't she dreadful?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Exactly. It's too icky.

I love how Tony is always on the side of the person he happens to be sleeping with at the time.

Why doesn't Sinead sue him for wrongful dimissal, or at least, insist he arrange her a job that pays the same amount? Why doesn't he do what he's doing with Ste and just put her only on shifts where Ste is front-of-house?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oops, I meant 'tie', not 'die'. Although 'die' would be preferable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    Exactly. It's too icky.

I love how Tony is always on the side of the person he happens to be sleeping with at the time.

Why doesn't Sinead sue him for wrongful dimissal, or at least, insist he arrange her a job that pays the same amount? Why doesn't he do what he's doing with Ste and just put her only on shifts where Ste is front-of-house?
    BIB - It is, yes, but that's not the reason. Sinead appears to me to be Teacher's Pet, and must be featured as much as possible at all costs. They won't want her to be tied to an 'old man' when she could be having all sorts of shenanigans with all and sundry.