Lady Gaga's 4th single from Born This Way is very likely...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You & I.

The reason I say this is because she has tweeted a couple of hints plus she performed You & I this week in Australia in a mermaid costume which we already know she will wear in the video to the 4th single. I'm disappointed tbh, while I'd still give Y&I 8/10 it is the worst track on BTW and would be her worst single so far :( I knew it would happen though. We don't have any official confirmation but it looks likely...

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It's by no means a bad track, but it's a bit of a boring choice when compared to other tracks on the album. It's been floating around for ages now and she's performed it on many shows.

Scheisse or Americano would be my next choice. I'd love to see a video for each :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    yeah i was thinking this too every tv performance she sings it ;/ i hope shes just using it to promote the album though and releasing Americano, Schiesse or Government Hooker instead
  • AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How bitter of you all... :rolleyes:
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afterlife wrote: »

People are just been realistic, we are allowed opinions:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member

not really, you and i is one of my favourite songs from BTW but i dont think it will do well commercially
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a fantastic single choice for the general public, many fans are going to be disappointed because to us it's quite an 'old' track and we've all kind of 'got over' You & I. But this song could bring many new fans in, broaden the stations that play her music plus its completely different to anything she's ever released before.

I'm quite happy if it is the next single.
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people can shout and scream about how great the song is, but being realistic, as a single choice, its a stupid idea.
    if gaga really doesnt care about chart position, then she should go for it, if its a song which she passionatly wants to put out there to the masses.
    but on a commercial level it wont do well for her...
    she should just stick to the dance theme and get marry the night out there, that would be massive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    People are just been realistic, we are allowed opinions:rolleyes:
    Russyyy wrote: »
    not really, you and i is one of my favourite songs from BTW but i dont think it will do well commercially

It's not really this thread, but in general, all the Gaga fans suddenly turning on her and saying that it's definitely going to be a flop. Just makes me lose faith. :(
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not really sure about this, I think it's the weakest song on BTW. I think Americano would have been a good choice for the next single as it's a good summer song IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not really this thread, but in general, all the Gaga fans suddenly turning on her and saying that it's definitely going to be a flop. Just makes me lose faith. :(

Er, since when have us Gaga fans turned on her? Just because we disagree with some choices she makes doesn't stop us being fans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE You And I! I can't wait to see what the video for it looks like!:)

I hope Gaga goes through with the idea of releasing about 9 singles!

There are so many songs from the album that I want to see a video for!!!!:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -red10laf- wrote: »
    I LOVE You And I! I can't wait to see what the video for it looks like!:)

I hope Gaga goes through with the idea of releasing about 9 singles!

There are so many songs from the album that I want to see a video for!!!!:cool:

Gov Hooker is my most anticipated video:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    Gov Hooker is my most anticipated video:D

The video for Government Hooker would be AMAZING!:D

I think it should be really dark and look kind of like the Mugler fashion show where it was premiered!!:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You&I seems like a likely single choice due to ratings/sales on itunes and people who're casual fans will likely pick up on it and may like it as it's quite tame compared to other songs on the album in terms of theme and controversy.

I don't really like it but I think the masses would take to it alright, I mean it samples we will rock you and that beat is so simple; others will take to it so easy I think.

Is the mermaid theme a given?
    I thought it was a cancelled concept for EoG; although she is putting her Yuyi the mermaid persona into the spotlight on promo recently so it's possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love You&I, it's my second favourite song on the album but it doesn't scream single material. It could work though, we'll see. I'm excited for the mermaid video.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really like You & I. I can see why she would choose it as a single, but I would like it to stay an album track that gets good promotion, I believe she should go for something else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Not a great or an awful choice. Probably wiser than BM though. And the mermaid video should be amazing!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the hate for it actually! For me, it ends the mundane run of tracks that follow Bloody Mary. I'm personally glad it's a single at least! :p
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck, the worst track on the album:mad: Heavy Metal Lover would be so much better:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I think Lady Gaga has gone downhill tbh, her music has all blurred into one, and has lost its style. I miss the Paparazzi days :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonnoUK93 wrote: »
    I think Lady Gaga has gone downhill tbh, her music has all blurred into one, and has lost its style. I miss the Paparazzi days :/

She can't keep making songs like that though,because people will then say she's not progressing enough.

Any way,in regards to You and I being the next single, I think it's not probably the best choice in terms of fan favourites, but it could maybe shock some people, who thought she is just a pop artist. But we should all wait until it is confirmed for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it would work that well, seeing as a lot of people have probably heard it, even if they don't have the album however, that could work in its favour, as it would be material people have heard before and may be persuaded to buy? Personally I find the song dull now, its much better done live in my opinion.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

Bitter?!?! I hope your not referring to my post. At no point have I turned on gaga or said the song would flop. I'd would just prefer another song to be released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Bitter?!?! I hope your not referring to my post. At no point have I turned on gaga or said the song would flop. I'd would just prefer another song to be released.

You must have misread my post as I did infact begin it with "It's not really this thread"... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why all the hate for Y&I? It may not be a dance song but it doesn't involve anything that could trigger a backlash, nor is it too "out there". Would you guys have preferred it if Bloody Mary or Fashion Of His Love were the next single? Anyway there's speculation that the label chose Y&I and are going with MTN after that to play it safe after what happened with BTW and Judas. With the mermaid video fans have been dying for since it was scrapped for EOG I don't see how it could fail anyway.