Soaps before Mags & spoilers

KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone else think watching soaps in the old days, before soap magazines or online spoilers, was so much better. The only info we ever got was a small 3-4 line synopsis in TV Times. Rarely did a storyline get into the papers so everything was a surprise.

Nowadays, we know everything thats going to happen, births deaths, newcomers, oldies leaving, etc etc way before it airs.

I used to love the excitement of having to wait till next week to find out what happened, if someone lived or died? There's really no surprises on tv anymore, which I think is a shame.

Comments

• OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine the shock everyone would have got at Dirty Den's return without spoilers.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    True. These days you don't need to waste time watching the programmes when you can read about it instead.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks have played a few blinders in the past - Lindsey's death was completely unspoiled and a real shocker.

Alternatively, they leaked that Claire's plan to kill Max was successful! (it wasn't)
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Hollyoaks have played a few blinders in the past - Lindsey's death was completely unspoiled and a real shocker.

Alternatively, they leaked that Claire's plan to kill Max was successful! (it wasn't)

I swear I was in shock when Lynsey died!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »

That may not have been a leak. It could just have been a mag getting it wrong.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    When Simon Wicks returned it was a shock to me! I didn't read any spoilers the day prior
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    That may not have been a leak. It could just have been a mag getting it wrong.

True, if it was deliberate, however - it was brilliant! :D
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought what a great shock Dens return would have been...not to mention Heathers death. It is true, you don't need to watch anymore...just read the spoilers.