Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

Comments

• nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Curtis is due a new power isn't he?

Hopefully it'll be how to act. :rolleyes:

Not liking the denial of any continuity with reference to Super Simon and Alicia.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope tonight's episode is an improvement. Every show has it's weak episodes but i feel it's more the writing that is a disgrace, then the cast changes.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just watched the first episode and I wasn't that impressed. I know it's always been crude, but it seemed crude for no real reason and that put me right off it. Maybe I'm just getting bored of the same old, same old.
  • bestevezbestevez Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Only just watched the first episode and I wasn't that impressed. I know it's always been crude, but it seemed crude for no real reason and that put me right off it. Maybe I'm just getting bored of the same old, same old.

I felt a little like you did for the first half of ep 1. But as the story unravelled and "alt" Rudy turned up i thought the story ended strongly. My favourite funny moment was Rudy tossing briefcase Man's hand over his shoulder and it hitting the window where "alt" Rudy was looking in. I also loved the new girl as well.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This ones started off better than last weeks.
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I really like this episode so far, i think rudy and finn are going to really hit it off and i forgot how much i loved the other rudy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like finn so far, I think most girlfriends would/could benefit from that power.:-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that ruby from cutting it, sally sparrows mate cathy from doctor who at the end?
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Some great oneliners tonight from Rudy. 'In the words of Lionel Richie - hello' and when he shouted at the racist dog. I thought it was pretty good overall. New guy Alex is cute, but I don't want Seth to go. I feel like that's it for him now.
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big improvment from last week liking jess and Finn in the show a lot as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    Some great oneliners tonight from Rudy. 'In the words of Lionel Richie - hello' and when he shouted at the racist dog. I thought it was pretty good overall. New guy Alex is cute, but I don't want Seth to go. I feel like that's it for him now.

Agreed loved rudys one liners,i thought seth was becoming a regular.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it'll be how to act. :rolleyes:

Not liking the denial of any continuity with reference to Super Simon and Alicia.

Personally I don't think they need mentioning, their stories were tied up (We know they're both dead!) so that's is for them really, not many shows go on about dead characters.

I'm liking this series a lot though. I think it's improved from series 3 which suffered from getting used to not having Nathan around (IMO) But I like the new characters a lot and can't wait to see how they develop.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 3rd Rudy but a psycho, interesting.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh GOD DAMN RUDY

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW

*guess what part i'm watching*
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching now - are we going to see more from the barman? Why did he hate Jess' joke?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The new probation officer is scary. How many more episodes do you think he'll last? Putting him and the third Rudy together would be interesting.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    oh GOD DAMN RUDY

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW

*guess what part i'm watching*

Haven't we all done that with clingfilm? :confused:
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first half, the second part was a bit all over the place though. Still enjoyed it. So many questions coming out! Who is Lola? I love jess. Very funny character.
    Next week looks amazing - psycho rudy. Genius idea :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It's all a bit odd, the whole tying your gf up and gagging her bit was ever so slightly glossed over. Oh so she is using a power to control you slightly, therefore you can commit a crime which would have you being locked up for a long time :confused:

I used to love Misfits, it just seems a bit far fetched and shite atm.

Where is the humour?
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a bit odd, the whole tying your gf up and gagging her bit was ever so slightly glossed over. Oh so she is using a power to control you slightly, therefore you can commit a crime which would have you being locked up for a long time :confused:

I used to love Misfits, it just seems a bit far fetched and shite atm.

Where is the humour?

I must admit I found the tying up and gagging a bit dubious.

I am still warming to it. Not liking Finn too much.
    Forum Member
    Rudy "I'm not going to shag you because you are a racist" but, I have no problem with sharing a room with a deluded bloke who takes his gf hostage????? Ties her up and gags her for how long?? With no apparent consequences, I think I might be done with this programme.

He ties her up because she insists he behave like a normal human being, ugh.

She gets back with him because he promises to change, What a pile of bollocks, who on earth would get back with a psycho who ties you up and gags you?

Maybe there will be a pay off, I don't care Misfits can **** off.
    Forum Member
    Oops sorry ds, forgot about the swear filter on here. But urgh, this whole episode made me feel slightly sick, especially the forceful removal of the girl's powers which left her sobbing in the bathroom. Too rapey and gross for me, in the immortal words of the dragons "I'm out".
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I just love this show! Classy!

And Finn is just so damn sexy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    So now we're judging character's on their criminal behaviour when the 'heroes' of the show have been murderers since Series 1 Episode 1?

Finn might be a shit boyfriend but it doesn't mean his girlfriend could use mind control powers. She should have just left him in the first place if he was so awful. Finn also made it out like she was completely controlling him, not just to act like a normal boyfriend, as evidenced in the scene where he's not allowed to go to the bar.

It's he said/she said. I didn't see anything rapey at all about that scene, but again this is a show where one of the heroes could force people to have sex with her. I imagine if it was a bloke with that power people would have thought differently about it.
    That scene in the bathroom crying I took more as she was like 'oh shit, my grip on the 'perfect boyfriend' has gone'.

I don't really see the link between Rudy standing up for his friend to a racist woman/dog and him also believing his new friend about his girlfriend controlling him. He didn't see anything to argue that.

This is a show who's biggest hero, Simon, spent weeks/months with his dead pretend girlfriend in a freezer, often visiting her, sitting her up and eating pizza whilst staring at her.

If you don't enjoy the new series, fine, but why take the moral high ground about these characters like they're wholesome nice people. They've been seedy characters since day one.

As for my feelings, a bit like last week, didn't really like the start but i enjoyed it more as the show went on.

Jess is an interesting character, there's something about her that just makes me laugh so i'm glad she's there.
    Finn can really crack me up, even if he might be a bit of a whackjob which is still up for debate. Maybe he'll turn out to be the evil one like Simon was originally supposed to be.
    Rudy, brilliant as ever, the third Rudy I imagine will only be short term before he's back in prison or possibly dead (not sure how that'd work).

On the whole it's certainly a different feel and it must be difficult with what is practically a new cast. They do feel like a group already though which is good, Jess fits in well we just need to learn more about her character and i'm loving the interaction between Rudy and Finn. Even Curtis has been pretty good so far.

I hope it's not the end for Seth, I have a sneaky suspicion he might come back for Jess at some point.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    Next week looks amazing - psycho rudy. Genius idea :)
    Presumably, the writers watched Lockout.