Misfits - Series 4 Discussion

Comments

• Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misfits has ALWAYS been Black Comedy that's it's USP!

The main in joke is that all the Social Workers die in horrific ways and don't last long. Add to that the toilet humour and sexual humour and this has never been a show for prudes.

It's always been let's take the grossest them we can and send it up.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Presumably, the writers watched Lockout.

I've never seen that. Actually I've never even heard of it. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend would LOVE that power :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Haven't we all done that with clingfilm? :confused:

NOT the clingfilm trick .....

the EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEWWWWW GROOOOSSSSSSSS
    :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this series. Rudy is brilliant - it feels like he's a long-standing character, not Curtis!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Sadie wanted consideration, cunnilingus, and endless conversations about the state of their relationship, she should have just got herself a girlfriend.
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was a bit dissappointed with this episode, wanted the tied up girlfriend to be dangerous or something, her power was shite really :rolleyes:
    and i havent seen one of those talking toys in years!!! :D

actually cracked up when the elastic band flung off into the girls forehead :D

interested too see psycho rudy and what the barman is hiding, hope seth hasnt gone for good :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt as good as last weeks but it was good. This season has had a good start if you ask me.

The new probation officer is a right knob. Id like them to kill him off asap, or at least be a bit cocky back.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    I've never seen that. Actually I've never even heard of it. :confused:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592525/

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm253604608/nm0318543
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Good episode. Still not too keen on Finn as a character.

I did like the conflict with both him and Sadie but seriously, what a messed up relationship in the first place.

Continue to like Jess a lot and her dry wit. I can't wait to see her centre stage episode.

New probation worker continues to be a scary fella.

Intrigued by Lola at the end too.

Amusing subplot with Curtis and Rudy with the racist blind girl and her dog.

Don't care that Seth's gone, though I liked him more in this episode than the last one, 7/10.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rudy "I'm not going to shag you because you are a racist" but...

I think that was aimed at Lauren Socha
    He ties her up because she insists he behave like a normal human being, ugh.

He ties her up to stop her abusing him not the other way around. Season one our heros killed a girl using a similar power on them, she got off lightly
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I really like the new characters. Anyone think Finn and Jess will get together?

Didn't like Curtis that much before but starting to like him a bit more. Can't wait for next week!
  • Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been enjoying this series - in a way it feels like a return to the dark, basic roots of the show It - but at the same time, it does not have the fresh energy of that season, or the same number of dynamic characters - nor is it as satisfyingly balanced and developed as the second season, or as mature and expansive as the third - it seems to me to be a bit like "diet misfits" - the basic style of it all, the type of characters we would expect, but not as dynamic or interesting, and like the third season or not, this very much feels like a step back rather than a succesful return to what originally worked. Still, mostly funny stuff, two relatively likable new characters, just expect a bit more in general.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    adamo8 wrote: »
    I really like the new characters. Anyone think Finn and Jess will get together?

I really hope not.

She can do better than Finn to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a fair bit wrong with the series in comparisons to the others of the show, but here are my positives for it so far:

1. Rudy is funnier than ever

2. I actually really like Jess for some reason - she is a bit miserable seeming, but im liking the actress quite a bit.

3. Curtis's reactions to Rudy's rants are funnier than ever.

4. Bit of a step back in storytelling style and quality it may be, but it is still unlike anything else on tv.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree about Jess - she's just got a presence on screen which makes her watchable - not all actors have it but I want to know more about the character.

Rudy is just brilliant.

I think we'll see more of that barman - there were too many comments about him for just filler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I agree about Jess - she's just got a presence on screen which makes her watchable - not all actors have it but I want to know more about the character.

Rudy is just brilliant.

I think we'll see more of that barman - there were too many comments about him for just filler.

I dont even know why I like jess so much - the charater aint excatly that interesting, but there is just something likeable and even a wee bit warm about the actresses performance so far. The series does seem to lack a bit of heart now Alisha and simon are gone, but then again, in the first series, there was no real moral heart or anything, so who knows how the current crop will develop and evolve!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must have forgotten but does Curtis still have a power and what exactly is it as he hasn't used it once this series yet?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I must have forgotten but does Curtis still have a power and what exactly is it as he hasn't used it once this series yet?

I think he still has the resurrection power - not sure if he mentioned it at one point in - but that wasn't such a great power after all was it:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think Series 3 was mostly written by the the time Nathan left and Rudy was basically just put into those storylines with a few changes (obviously the stories including his other self).
    It seems this series now they've had time to fully write a script with his character in mind he's improved tenfold.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit for the first eppy, I didn't like Rudy happily cutting off the blokes hand. It always has seemed to me that yes, the characters have harmed and killed others, but always in self defence, so it didn't seem right he would do something so severe. Of course found out it was because of the briefcase mans power, so I was ok then!

I do like Rudy, I think he fitted into the show well. He covered the Nathan role, but by having the second Rudy, made him more interesting. Always thought Curtis was ok, but would've thought he was the weakest character of the originals, but I quite like him still being there as a nod to the earlier shows. I like Jess, it feels like she will be a good character. Not so sure about Finn, find him a bit creepy. But then again, I found Simon mega creepy and I loved him in the end!!!

I never knew that Lauren S got done for the racist stuff, until I came on here tonight. But I did think re the landmine thing they were just being tongue in cheek, something I think Misfits can get away with.

Overall though, I have enjoyed the first two eppys.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Psycho Rudy is very menacing, shows what a good actor Joseph Gilgun is to pull off three characters like that.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Psycho Rudy is very menacing, shows what a good actor Joseph Gilgun is to pull off three characters like that.

He's amazing, I could watch a whole episode of just the 3 Rudy's, he carries the show well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg the new probation worker is absolutely hilarious:D love psycho Rudy too!
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Next week looks good too.