Options

CS: Karl and the keys

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
Forum Member
✭✭
Did I imagine this but after Karl started the fire, didnt he put the keys back behind the bar? How has he got them now to set up Sunita?

Comments

• Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I don't remember him putting it back.

So we are led to believe had the keys in his pocket all that time. I mean come on, if that were anybody else those keys would have been long gone. As in thrown in the gutters, out of sight.

If Sunita's belongings were placed in a draw, why wasn't Karl's by the way? :confused:
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely his finger prints are on there as well, or am I missing something?
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember him putting it back.

So we are led to believe had the keys in his pocket all that time. I mean come on, if that were anybody else those keys would have been long gone. As in thrown in the gutters, out of sight.
    If Sunita's belongings were placed in a draw, why wasn't Karl's by the way? :confused:

Well in Soaps villains have to be brought to justice so they often make more stupid mistakes than real life criminals.

And Karl did have the keys with him because when we went to save Stella he tried them in the back door before kicking it open and then lied to the police about finding it open when the police said the door wasn't damaged.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in Soaps villains have to be brought to justice so they often make more stupid mistakes than real life criminals.

And Karl did have the keys with him because when we went to save Stella he tried them in the back door before kicking it open and then lied to the police about finding it open when the police said the door wasn't damaged.

If the door was kicked open then how can the police say it wasn't damaged?:confused: A bit of a mistake there from the scriptwriters/producers?
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. He unlocked it with the keys before kicking it open and I don't think he needed to kick it very hard so it left no outward damage.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is what if one of the paramedics recognises that they wern't the keys she was brought in with?
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is what if one of the paramedics recognises that they wern't the keys she was brought in with?

Would they even remember? Wouldn't paramedics see dozens of belongings each day so wouldn't remember them.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it matters not, karls prints are on sunitas house keys he put back tonight, the rovers ones he wiped his prints and put her hand on it, but her hand is burnt so one presumes she has no prints, karl did not wipe the ones he put back in her house tonight, he was'nt wearing gloves when he put them in the bowl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    Surely his finger prints are on there as well, or am I missing something?

He wiped them with a tissue
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Would they even remember? Wouldn't paramedics see dozens of belongings each day so wouldn't remember them.

Probably. Some of them may remember stuff like that. I work with dealing with the public and speak to tons of people a day and it's the little things I remember about them.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    it matters not, karls prints are on sunitas house keys he put back tonight, the rovers ones he wiped his prints and put her hand on it, but her hand is burnt so one presumes she has no prints, karl did not wipe the ones he put back in her house tonight, he was'nt wearing gloves when he put them in the bowl.
    His hand is bandaged. Aren't his fingers covered by the bandage too?
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    his finger tips are not
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I've just read post 10 which seems to be the answer.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I imagine this but after Karl started the fire, didnt he put the keys back behind the bar? How has he got them now to set up Sunita?

I'm hoping that Dev finds Sunitas keys so he can then question who's keys at the hospital were.
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Sure the local CSI's would be able to tell that the finger prints on the keys from Sunitart are after she was burnt
  • Options
    ncl*girlncl*girl Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nurses keep a log of what patients have when they're brought in (NHS experience) - bloomin ridiculous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Don't hospital staff note your belongings etc - when you are admitted?

If so - the RR keys would not be on the patient's personal items list
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »

Who would look for prints on them, though? And even if Karl's name was found on them, didn't he used to live with her so his prints being on them would be understandable? :o
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I'm hoping that Dev finds Sunitas keys so he can then question who's keys at the hospital were.

He knows who the hospital set belongs to - it's the Rovers spare set? :confused::o
    ncl*girl wrote: »
    Nurses keep a log of what patients have when they're brought in (NHS experience) - bloomin ridiculous

Would they note it so specifically though? Surely it'd just be something along the lines of '1 set of keys' rather than indepth detail about the set?
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love how the spare keys to the Rovers Return very handily are attached to a Rovers Return logo key ring.
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he put her house keys back in her house ?
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syl wrote: »
    Why did he put her house keys back in her house ?

Presumably because she only had on set of keys on her. And so he can get caught later ;)
  • Options
    television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a bit baffled with the keys. Sunita leaves Bistro and goes home then uses her number 5 keys to open front door. She then goes into back yard to drink glass of wine. Why would she then have keys on her I would have thought they would if like my wife be in her handbag or in the house. Sunita sees Karl and follows him to Rovers she would not have house keys on her! Are these house keys going to be used to convict Karl? The number 5 keys should be in the house in the first place! With regard to finger prints on keys Karl used to live there so he could say they should be on the set of keys.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Sunita was brought into the hospital on the usual stretcher covered in tubes - where exactly would she have the keys? They were too bulky to be in her pocket without being noticed by the medical staff and she didnt exactly have a handbag with her so how?? :o
  • Options
    RBRB Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I am sure karl put the keys in the bedsise drawer how could sunitta put them there when she has been unconscious the whole time.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RB wrote: »
    I am sure karl put the keys in the bedsise drawer how could sunitta put them there when she has been unconscious the whole time.

That's where the hospital had put her personal belongings so he switched her house keys for the rovers keys.