Neither, I hate football games.
10% 21 votes

Comments

• NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Which game are you going to buy?

Edit * Should be Fifa 15 and PES 2015 in the poll, not 2014

If FIFA 15 keep the Transfer Market then I will buy it but if the rumour going around is true and they get rid of it then I will not buy it. Not really interested much in PES.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably FIFA. Again.

One day, PES may return to it's golden era of PS2 greatness, but until that day, FIFA will have it beat.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the casual player it is just so hard to look past FIFA - they have perfected the presentation aspects of football simulation and the licenses are simply unparallelled. Not to mention, the gameplay itself has improved year-on-year since 09, with PES really on a downward spiral since PES6.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the very bad editions of PES I have enjoyed more than FIFA. PES 2008 or 9, I can't remember which was the travesty.
    I have dipped into FIFA on the PS3, bought 2012 when it was a fiver.
    Just doesn't grab me.

So unless PES 2015 is a nightmare, going to get it on PS4.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If pes captures its formal glory then pes all the way. 2014 was a travesty but 2015 is looking good.
    I dont bother about licences its all about what happens on the pitch, either a good pes or nothing.
    This year was nothing and that was with a free pes, i even tried fifa but no thank you. Just hope it doesn't waste a spot on ps plus.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playability is the most important aspect of a football game for me so I tend to always get PES.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    A big portion of my friends play Ultimate team religiously,it's all they seem to talk about, so it looks like i'll be following them. Some of them spend quite a bit of money opening packs and getting rare players, but i have quite a bit of fun not spending anything and making cheap french or German teams for example.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why no "Unsure until I see more details" option ?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'll be getting FIFA 15 as I want a next gen footy game and I skipped 14 so that's that. And I always pick FIFA over PES, as already mentioned, the presentation, licences etc do it for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Can't tick any of those boxes as I'm a bit wait-and-see this year. Still on "last-gen" personally. FIFA 2014 was just terrible. PES 2014 was a bit more positive but still lacking. Ultimately, I'm hoping both 2015 games are worth purchasing for my beloved PS3, but I'm not counting on it after such a poor showing for 2014.

The drive seems to be towards more online focussed play, rather than decent AI for us solo gamers, and this is what made FIFA 14 so disgracefully poor. PES usually fares better in the single player department so I'm edging that way, but so far we've seen absolutely nothing of either game on the older consoles.

So, we'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither.

Bought Fifa'14 for the PS4 expecting great things and guess what? It was as crap as always with better looking crowd animations. PES is an abortion of a football game, the people who make that should be hung.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is with the sales gap so huge between them, Konami can't compete due to lack of licenses and EA don't really need to improve Fifa as sales are guaranteed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifas idea of updating their game is adding emotion to the players even though it has no impact on the game, i think they have ran out of ideas
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Fifa is good I don't deny that but I a big PES fan so I probably will go for PES (Might pick fifa up cheap at 1 point)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me sick that people fork out hard earned cash for these yearly releases when in all reality the 'improvements' and squad updates could all be done with a simple patch. Money grabbing bastards.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    It makes me sick that people fork out hard earned cash for these yearly releases when in all reality the 'improvements' and squad updates could all be done with a simple patch. Money grabbing bastards.

I agree that some 'improvements' could be done with a patch but I look at buying FIFA as value for money.

I get 100s of hours if not over a thousand hours of play throughout the year from a FIFA game. It may not have a storyline or a massive open world but I play this more than any other game as when you're in a room full of friends who like football and games, you'll do well to find a more fun game.

So to get a thousand hours of fun from 40 quid works out at 4 cent for an hour of fun. EA might be money grabbing bastards but if you play the game often, you're getting good value for money. Tell me a form of entertainment that's better value than that. Getting 20 hours gameplay from a normal story driven game seems a bit of a rip off in comparison.

And personally I only get a new FIFA every two or three years, but for those who do buy it every year, if they get use out of it then fair enough.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm holding out until nearer release date before I decide. Think EA would have to F up big time for me not to buy 15 but I might get both if they both impress.

I've bought FIFA every year since 09 and don't feel ripped off, they are probably the only games I know I get every penny of my monies worth as I put alot of hours in to them. EA are starting to annoy in that they seem to put the majority of their efforts into the cash cow that is Ultimate Team and the standard online, career mode etc seem to have a much lower priority when they look at improvements. Great if you love UT I guess but annoying for the rest of us.

Before 09 I was a massive fan of PES, if this years version could get back on with the PES I used to love then I'd deffo buy both.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I used to be a staunch PES fan and Fifa hater. Now I am very much Fifa as much as it pains me to say it. It would be nice if Fifa didn't hog the licences for themselves and both could share - then we might actually see a fair fight between the two. Konami just cannot compete. If there is a PES demo on PS4 then I shall certainly try it with a view to being converted - but I do already have my Fifa pre-order in.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who clicks on to a thread clearly about football games, then votes "I hate football games"?

:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see why licences are that much of a deal, its like saying im not buying that shooter because the guns are made up, i buy the game for gameplay not to look at pretty menu screens..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I dont see why licences are that much of a deal, its like saying im not buying that shooter because the guns are made up, i buy the game for gameplay not to look at pretty menu screens..

What's menu screens got to do with licenses? :confused:

However, I do agree that gameplay comes first over kits and sponsors being accurate etc. Besides, PES is usually easily patch-able, which generally makes up for it anyway imho. Spend an hour patching kits in PES, or an hour patching gameplay sliders in FIFA...
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    I'm holding out until nearer release date before I decide. Think EA would have to F up big time for me not to buy 15 but I might get both if they both impress.
    Before 09 I was a massive fan of PES, if this years version could get back on with the PES I used to love then I'd deffo buy both.

I am hoping for a positive review of PES this year. 2014 was ok but could be a lot better.
    I couldn't remember if it was PES 2008 or 9 on the PS3, that was terrible. Jerky graphics and awful slowdown. One of the worst games I have played on the PS3.
    Since then its been on the up, but yet to match PS2 4 or 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    What's menu screens got to do with licenses? :confused:

However, I do agree that gameplay comes first over kits and sponsors being accurate etc. Besides, PES is usually easily patch-able, which generally makes up for it anyway imho. Spend an hour patching kits in PES, or an hour patching gameplay sliders in FIFA...

People are always saying that the presentation is far superior but only what happens on the pitch should be the main focus.
  • LostlamLostlam Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I hope Konami get their act together. It has been too long since a full packaged PES has been released!
  • Neo TokyoNeo Tokyo Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    One thing I don't like about Fifa's presentation are the unskippable cut scenes. Also Fifa suffers from major menu lag.

Konami on the other hand seems to have tried to make PES 2014 as fast as possible by removing all the boardroom and tactical cut scenes which is a huge plus for me as I hated all that nonsense though in the process they removed all the weather and injuries which is quite important.