Alien: Colonial Marines

stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
Forum Member
✭✭
So looking forward to this, was gutted when it got cancelled first time around, Aliens 2 was one of the scariest games I have ever played - the sound of those things heading for you in the dark gave me shivers.

We also have an AVP sequel to look forward to, I want a pulse rifle in my hands again.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptSsVDl_X0&feature=related

Colonial Marines Trailer - with crowd screams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8RM1udgiY&feature=fvw

E3 09: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Colonial Marines has been put back so many times I would be amazed if it ever comes out. AVP is due out quite soon and if it doesn't sell then I see the axe falling on Marines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to it's release as well (whenever it may be) is there even a release date set at the moment?

At least we have AvP to keep us occupied in the meantime, the trailer looks incredible, mmmm pulse rifle :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    Colonial Marines has been put back so many times I would be amazed if it ever comes out. AVP is due out quite soon and if it doesn't sell then I see the axe falling on Marines.

Sega have actually said that they are waiting to see how AVP does before they even think about releasing Colonial Marines.

Apparently CM is now a shadow of what it was going to be though, with the focus being a Left 4 Dead style online game with no real single player story mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Sega have actually said that they are waiting to see how AVP does before they even think about releasing Colonial Marines.

Apparently CM is now a shadow of what it was going to be though, with the focus being a Left 4 Dead style online game with no real single player story mode.

aww that better not be the case, CM looked way better than avp and would prefer to play cm. I doubt id buy avp too,
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest AvP trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pBDx45hdk&feature=player_embedded

For a heads up on anything AvP I reccommend this site which I am a forum member of. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php

Hope it helps.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AVP looks amazing, that will shift a lot of copies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Here's hoping AvP sells well then. If CM does eventually come out I really hope it doesn't follow the left 4 dead route.

While I love L4D, I want CM to be storyline driven and of course throw in some classic Aliens quotes for good measure.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVP is looking good from the trailers, do the marines have any voiceovers from Bill Paxton? :D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumping this, as although it's multiplatform, the most recent thread was in the PS forum rather than general Gaming.

Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines

Release due for "Spring 2012".

Oh, and the main reason for this bump...

NEW TRAILER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBDbbsAIbrc
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

I can't wait for this. It looks like my dream Aliens game:D Please don't f*ck it up, Gearbox!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the pile of diarrhoea that was Duke Nukem I think I'm gonna tread very carefully with this game. The fact that is was pushed to the side for Duke just makes me wonder if Gearbox are just in it to make a quick buck and run like the scumballs at Rebellion did with AvP.

I recall a magazine getting a playthrough and said it was heavily scripted and very linear with no way to change the outcome of a script so if someone was being dragged away by an alien you couldn't stop it from happening. :(

And whats with the pulse rifles only carrying 50 rounds, wasn't it 99?
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    After the pile of diarrhoea that was Duke Nukem I think I'm gonna tread very carefully with this game. The fact that is was pushed to the side for Duke just makes me wonder if Gearbox are just in it to make a quick buck and run like the scumballs at Rebellion did with AvP.

You've got to remember though that Duke was only "polished" by Gearbox, the vast majority of the game was already there when they acquired the rights to the franchise, they merely pushed it out the door, so Gearbox aren't to blame for DNF's failings, if you want to blame anyone, blame 3D Realms. Gearbox made Borderlands and the Brothers in Arms games too, both of which are examples of good games (and critically and commercially lauded).

People shouldn't write Gearbox off because of DNF.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd better have multiple pathways to the mission goals available. For example, if you 'bag one of Ripley's bad guys' then you can drop down the hole created from the molecular acid and open up new pathways. Or, drop down and set up a couple of UA-571Cs.

It had better not be scripted to high-heaven!
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another bump, another delay: The new date is 12th February 2013

Still, have a new trailer: Suspense

Oh, and feast your eyes on this:

Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition confirmed
    CVG wrote:
    Sega has officially announced that awesome Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines that leaked months ago.

The CE bundle will set you back $99 and comes with a load of content, including that sweet model of a marine in the power loader suit fighting an alien.

Here's the full list:

- High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box

- Four Playable Movie Characters:

--Players will be able to fight for their squad's survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.

- Additional Marines Character Customization Options

- Ripley's Flamethrower

- Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons:

-- Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers

-- Phase Plasma Rifle

- Exclusive Game Level: USCM Academy Firing Range

- USCM Dossier:

-- Mission Brief

-- USS Sephora Schematic

-- Recruitment Card

-- LV-426 Recon Photo

-- USCM Iron-on Badges

-- USCM Graduation Certificate

Nice :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice!!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have arthritis by the time this thing gets here!

They could have chucked in a life-sized Pulse Rifle with that CE.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original AVP2 is one of my favourite all time games, scared the crap out of me. Was pretty disappointed with the remake last year - hope this one will be better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need this game in my life!
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Escape mode looks like, well, it is, L4D vs mode, which is fantastic as I always wanted a L4D meets Aliens game. Wasn't exactly sure if it was going to be like that given the earlier footage seemed to suggest it would be slightly more along the lines of L4Ds campaign, or maybe something different altogether.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick scan of a preview in one of the 360 magazines (around christmas, forget which one), and the hands on preview census was it is a generic shooter with lots and lots of glitches and shoot by numbers moments......

Not enough Alien action, and they are not the fearsome foe they should be

Clunky aliens, lots of defending set doorways and QTE kills..........

Is not the game it could have been........ (The Alien trilogy and resurrection game on the ps1 were moody, dark, suspenseful and that seems to be missing)

Pity!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick scan of a preview in one of the 360 magazines (around christmas, forget which one), and the hands on preview census was it is a generic shooter with lots and lots of glitches and shoot by numbers moments......

Is not the game it could have been........ (The Alien trilogy and resurrection game on the ps1 were moody, dark, suspenseful and that seems to be missing)

Pity!

*cancels preorder*

This preview on top of others that I have read that state similar is enough to put me off now. Gearbox you suck balls.

The Gearbox forums are entertaining as the blowhard apologist fans are relentlessly trying to defend these niggles as more and more people are now starting to complain.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pity!

I loved that game, it was a technological triumph for the Playstation, and terrify to boot too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »

Gearbox you suck balls.

Erm no they don't ...

TBH it was always going to be hit or miss with this game. The fact that EVERYONE has been waiting for a decent Aliens game even after quite a few releases shows it's really not that easy to nail it down.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to get this on day one but after reading and said review ^^^ I decided against it.

This should have been so much more than an on-rails shooter.