Euro 2016 in France

2»

Comments

• Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Not going - going to Copa America instead. Time difference means I'll be able to watch one at the ground then the Euro's later in the day. Happy times!!

Surely it'll be the other way around with Euro games in the morning/lunchtime/early afternoon US time?

Didn't realise both were being played at the same time. Not great scheduling in terms of global audience & advertising. Will mean up to 5 games a day at times though! They should have a Copa v Euro champions final afterwards to round it all off.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Surely it'll be the other way around with Euro games in the morning/lunchtime/early afternoon US time?

Didn't realise both were being played at the same time. Not great scheduling in terms of global audience & advertising. Will mean up to 5 games a day at times though! They should have a Copa v Euro champions final afterwards to round it all off.

Sorry other way around - my mistake!! We went there for the first two weeks of the World Cup tihs year so the games were 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. Made for some boozy breakfasts :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really soon enough to start predicting the downfall of their national side? They had one bad tournament. If they fail to qualify for 2016, or fail to make it out of the group during the tournament, then fair enough.

On the subject of young players: The major difference is young Spanish players go abroad to play football. De Gea at United, Delofeu on loan at Everton, Thiago at Bayern to give some very recent examples.

I think it's very premature to be writing off the Spanish. They had a very poor World Cup for sure but this does not necessarily equate to a team in terminal decline......they still have a strong squad of players and one that looks better than many national sides in Europe.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »

The two tournaments will overlap for only two weeks (the Copa America starts a week earlier and Euro 2016 runs for much longer with the introduction of 24 teams).
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think it's very premature to be writing off the Spanish. They had a very poor World Cup for sure but this does not necessarily equate to a team in terminal decline......they still have a strong squad of players and one that looks better than many national sides in Europe.

I'm glad you agree!:cool: