Options

Am I only one who thinks Melanie is not that great ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly she is great - because with all the publicity of being on the X Factor she has been picked up by a record company.
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    To be fair she is probably the best looking girl in the comp at the moment so if she doesn't have the look the others must be truly f**ked.

By look I'm not talking about her features. I mean style, individuality...you know, that popstar aesthetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    And you think all big popstars dress themselves?

The contestants are 100% styled by the X Factor team. This gives the producers one more thing to to use for and against a contestant. When they want somebody out, they'll dress them like a complete idiot and tell them they look like an idiot.

So yeah, I have no interest in how she looks, especially not in these early stages.
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to "X factor" in comparison to other singing shows I think it's important artists "tick all the boxes". And In the case of Melanie she ticks only one box out of 5. And she's not even got a very solid tick in the one box she ticks.

Extremely bland and boring. May make a strong backing singer though. If she gets through to live shows expect her to be out between week 1-3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    In answer to to the 1st post. YES
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than that prison warden anyway
  • Options
    marymclmarymcl Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair she is probably the best looking girl in the comp at the moment so if she doesn't have the look the others must be truly f**ked.

HAHAHAHA too damn right the others must be in SERIOUS trouble. Mel is stunning
  • Options
    The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you think all big popstars dress themselves?

The contestants are 100% styled by the X Factor team.

No, of course I don't think that and yes I'm aware they're 100% styled in the later stages of the competition. That said, most contestants and 'big popstars' at least have some semblance of an idea on how they want to look as an artist and this girl doesn't seem to have any. The first year she was dressed as an Apprentice contestant, the next as a Loose Woman, and this year she's going for the 'popped to get milk' look. I just like my popstars to have more than just a voice because, in the end, that isn't the only thing I'll be investing in when it comes to the music, videos, tours, artwork, etc etc.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie is the only one I like so far as she picks songs that aren't being constantly sung on the show, and I also think that she has the most captivating performances so far.

But I won't claim her as great yet because we don't know how she will do at the lives, if she makes the lives that is.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol too true.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair [Melanie] is probably the best looking girl in the comp at the moment

Yeah, I'll give her that. Her makeoever for the live shows, if she reaches them, could soon ruin that though!
    i was never a fan of Jade[...]this is like her 6th attempt isnt it?

It's Jade's third attempt at The X Factor. She also auditioned for The Voice last year but didn't reach the televised auditions.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like Madonna's daughter Lourdes. I can't get passed that in my mind. I quite liked her in previous years but now she's being way too safe and careful, terrified of being thrown under a bus for the last time. I mean if she was so great, how come she's not made it off the back of her previous appearances? There do seem to be a helluva lot of returners this year. I think we want some fresh talent.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is really good IMO...but is she strong enough to win the competition? That may be debatable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I think she is very good but I dont know if I can picture her on stage or something...she was holding back a little last night so maybe she'll show something superb at bootcamp?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is very good but I dont know if I can picture her on stage or something...she was holding back a little last night so maybe she'll show something superb at bootcamp?

She looked quite nervous last night : notice how she held onto the microphone with both hands in the early part of the song. But the fact that she could deliver a very strong vocal while being nervous is a good sign.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you are

No he's not.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could make a category for returning acts. There have been so many this year. i suppose she is the best out of them, but cant see her getting past judges houses.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could make a category for returning acts. There have been so many this year. i suppose she is the best out of them, but cant see her getting past judges houses.
    I think she might get through from judges houses even though it will be a very tough category but I don't think she will win it though but you never know :)
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It's Jade's third attempt at The X Factor. She also auditioned for The Voice last year but didn't reach the televised auditions.

What Ive heard is its Jades seventh time, third time she makes it past auditions
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Ive heard is its Jades seventh time, third time she makes it past auditions

:eek: no wonder the waterworks last night...
  • Options
    marymclmarymcl Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she was holding back but I have a funny feeling she was advised to. I found her performance to be quite emotional and touching. Her low notes gave me goosebumps. She does need to work on her performance but she has a lot going for her - the looks, great voice and stage experience. I mean most of the other girls have a lot more to work on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's ok. But nothing special. But then I thought that Tamera was ok, and nothing special either. That version of 'I Have Nothing' she did was all over the place. And the song was too big for her. She was pushing the top range. I sometimes wonder what the judges hear in the studio/arena. You might say it was nerves. But then, that's what performing is all about. Not standing in your bedroom, in front of the mirror, singing into a hairbrush.

I'm not saying neither her or Melanie can't sing. But they're not as awesome as they're being told they are. In typical X Factor fashion, the flavours of the moment will be told they're not going any further in a couple of weeks time. It must be horrible when you get told 'You're exactly what this competition needs' Only to be told the next again week , 'You're not right for this competition'

Every series this show gets more and more about the judges. And the inclusion of the standard sad stories, struggles, dead relatives. person who's been really ill, and so on. And my all-time favourite. The person who sings really shit. Gets stopped. Asked if they have another song. And then belts it out, and sails through. Preeeedictable!!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was far better than I remember her being when she's been on it previously.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I don't think Melanie's that special. I like someone with a voice, and look, that's a bit different. Melanie is just like a hundred other x factor contestants. She can hold a tune and that's about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I don't think Melanie's that special. I like someone with a voice, and look, that's a bit different. Melanie is just like a hundred other x factor contestants. She can hold a tune and that's about it.

Agreed. AND these people who have entered a few times, and not got through, should maybe take the hint, and give it up. There's a reason why this is your second or third attempt at it.