Options

Ann Mitchell

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
Forum Member
✭✭
I was on the picket line this morning and one of the guys on it and i got talking and EastEnders came up- the guy around my age of slightly older mentioned that his best mates Mum is an Actress and that she is in EastEnders- if turns out that she is Ann Mifchell.

Bad news for the Cora haters on here-Ann has no plans to leave the show and DTC certainly won't axe her character- Ann is currently setting up a Theatre School in the East End for the next generation of Actors from working class backgrounds.

Ann found EastEnders at the right time apparently and is still very part of the shows future...

Comments

• Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, whatever Vaslav....
  • Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, so im pleased !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, whatever Vaslav....

Radcliffe your so negative, why is that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    I like her, so im pleased !

Her son is the playwright and Actor Che Walker, he actually played Sharon's Boyfriend when she returned to the show in 2001 but I don't remember the name of his character...
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Her son is the playwright and Actor Che Walker, he actually played Sharon's Boyfriend when she returned to the show in 2001 but I don't remember the name of his character...

You mean Tom the fireman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    You mean Tom the fireman

No before him, I think he was American.

The character was called Ross.
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think I can definitely smell bulls**t here. You happen to stumble across someone who knows Ann Mitchell who you are a MASSIVE fan of. Yeah something doesnt add up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I think I can definitely smell bulls**t here. You happen to stumble across someone who knows Ann Mitchell who you are a MASSIVE fan of. Yeah something doesnt add up

You don't have to believe me but I know it's the truth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You don't have to believe me but I know it's the truth- I did NOT stumble over the guy as you call it.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never had a problem with Ann Mitchell, but Cora is a rubbish character.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I love her so much, but she doesn't get as much airtime as she deserves - they need to focus on cementing her place as a matriarch or we'll run out pretty soon. Perhaps some sister-in-laws/nieces/nephews from the Cross side of the family tree or have Cora rekindle her friendly rivalry with Dot - I liked those scenes with Rose, Cora and Dot all around the kitchen table - they were cute and heartwarming
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

I think DTC will bring Cora back to her best, Newman turned a lot of the audience against Cora when she failed to apologise to Dot and coupled with that her failed relationship with Ava.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody love Ann Mitchell even though I never seen anything before she came to EastEnders, but I have came to the conclusion that this women can act, when given the material. Glad she is staying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Bloody love Ann Mitchell even though I never seen anything before she came to EastEnders, but I have came to the conclusion that this women can act, when given the material. Glad she is staying.

Ann apparently dislikes talking about EE but the guy I spoke today has known Ann a long time as Che is his mate for a long time as they grew up in Camden together.

I would like to see Ann share some scenes with Timothy West & Annette Badland- that would be a treat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her so much, but she doesn't get as much airtime as she deserves - they need to focus on cementing her place as a matriarch or we'll run out pretty soon. Perhaps some sister-in-laws/nieces/nephews from the Cross side of the family tree or have Cora rekindle her friendly rivalry with Dot - I liked those scenes with Rose, Cora and Dot all around the kitchen table - they were cute and heartwarming

Agreed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora needs to get a job and stop nagging Max

Send her down t'pit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Max and Cora running the bookies would be great.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt we will ever see inside the bookies again as the actual interior for that set is now Scarlets.

They should bring the Charity Shop back.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

This....
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cora suffered from Rainie and then Tanya leaving. Ava was a non starter that looked good on paper but was terrible on screen.

However that doesn't mean she needs nephews or nieces on screen to give her a purpose. She has three grandchildren on the show. They need to focus more on that.

Pleased this thread come up as I have been meaning to watch my Widows and She's Out DVDs for ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We dont know much about Cora's Parents/Siblings...her Parents are most likely both dead now but she may have a sibling out there or two but yes she has three grandchildren living on the Square with her.

Does anybody think Cora and Babe will be friends?
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Radcliffe your so negative, why is that?

Cos I'm sick of you banging on about this 2 bit character.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.

Cora is no match to Dolly Rawlins, from "Widows":D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos I'm sick of you banging on about this 2 bit character.

I have noticed that you don't like many characters.

Maybe it's time you chilled out a bit.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope her character has a radical overhaul if she is staying in the show. She is the absolute pits at the moment and there is no reason for her to be living with her son-in-law in the square. Why does she not go interfering in one of her daughters lives?