Options

Fulham FC Supporters Thread

cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
Forum Member
I cannot see any other similar thread and may be on the only person that posts on this thread;-)

I have been a supporter of Fulham since 1969 and have seen more downs than ups, but I am really excited for this season and hopefully see Fulham dominant in a very difficult league.

Purchases so far

Ross McCormack
Shaun Hutchinson
Adam Taggart
Tim Hoogland
Kay Voser
Kostianinos Stafylidis

With Adil Chilhi likely to sign and is currently on trial at Fulham

It looks like Magath has introduced a totally new back four and is picking up players from the German leagues for what may turn out to be bargains.

The latest rumour I have heard is Fulham picking up one or both of the Xhaka Brother's.

Adding to the purchases, the ability now to blood the excellent youth team players should hopefully bode well for an exciting season.

Come on Fulham

Comments

• Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    What are you gonna do with that Greek guy you paid £12mil(???) for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What are you gonna do with that Greek guy you paid £12mil(???) for?
    He is off to Italy I believe.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,945
    Forum Member
    £11m for McCormack is ridiculous, I can't believe Fulham couldn't have found someone better for that money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £11m for McCormack is ridiculous, I can't believe Fulham couldn't have found someone better for that money.

It does seem very high, but if he helps get them promoted then they will think it is money well spent.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You had a game up in Scotland yesterday against Rangers behind closed doors and one against Motherwell tomorrow. I watched the Fulham youth team in the cup and it looks like you have quite a few talented players coming through there. The boy Patrick Roberts and Moussa Dembélé caught the eye in the cup run. It could be a decent season for Fulham although that Championship is one tough league to get out of.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fulham fan here, could be a very interesting year, very glad we kept the Boss.

Very tricky league, but could see us doing very well.

Roberts and Debbie have very bright futures.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that Fulham's Development squad & Academy team have been doing well in their respective Premiership U21 & U18 leagues. Southampton get all the plaudits for developing young players yet Fulham's are performing and finishing above theirs in the table.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Beat Motherwell 2-0 today

McCormack started but didn't score.
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    McCormack has been signed to get them out of championship having watched McCormack for 3 years he is more than capable of doing that top scorer in championship last season, not to mention ones he missed one thing tho don't let him take penalties he missed 3 last season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    McCormack has been signed to get them out of championship having watched McCormack for 3 years he is more than capable of doing that top scorer in championship last season, not to mention ones he missed one thing tho don't let him take penalties he missed 3 last season

That doesn't make him worth £11m though does it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does if his goals gets them out the Championship.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You had a game up in Scotland yesterday against Rangers behind closed doors and one against Motherwell tomorrow. I watched the Fulham youth team in the cup and it looks like you have quite a few talented players coming through there. The boy Patrick Roberts and Moussa Dembélé caught the eye in the cup run. It could be a decent season for Fulham although that Championship is one tough league to get out of.

A good youth set-up's nice in theory but if they're any good they just get nicked by the big clubs. How many home-grown former youth talent turn out for the top 4 - not may I think; isn't JT the last CFC young 'un to ascend to 1st team?
    I reckon it'll be toughest Championship for a long while but, fair do's, FFC look strong candidates to do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does if his goals gets them out the Championship.

Not really. I find it hard to believe that for the money he was the best they could get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. I find it hard to believe that for the money he was the best they could get.

Well given promotion is worth about £80 million to Fulham then £11 million is worth paying if he guides them back. Even if he doesn't he's still an asset that can be sold. He was the top scorer last season and knows the league well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well given promotion is worth about £80 million to Fulham then £11 million is worth paying if he guides them back. Even if he doesn't he's still an asset that can be sold. He was the top scorer last season and knows the league well.

It's not worth £80m net, nowhere near it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not worth £80m net, nowhere near it.

It's worth £80 million for them to go up so £11 million isn't a bad deal if they get there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leading 2-0 v DC UNITED at half time

Dembele both goals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Final score 3-0

Dembele scored a hat trick

Good display by Fulham

Magath seems to have the defence sorted out.