Options

Women's jeans - sizing

sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,228
Forum Member
I wish jeans were sold in dress sizes as I really don't get the waist sizes that are usually given. I tried measuring my actual waist and buying that size - too small, and most jeans don't go up that high anyway. Earlier this year I finally found a pair I liked the fit of, but the same size from a different brand were miles out. Oh well (I thought) at least I know my size in one brand, but I've just tried a pair of theirs - same size, and they don't fit >:(

I ordered all these jeans online from Brandalley, so it has cost me a few quid in returns, and I still don't know what size I am.

Can anyone recommend a brand that is true to dress sizes please? I suppose I should go to an actual shop and try them on (:o) but I wouldn't know where to start. Also, I don't like paying full price for much and you can get really good discounts online. Any advice on shops to try would be gratefully received too. Thankyou :)

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roughly speaking 28 is size 10, 30 is size 12 etc.

Levis do tend to fit true to size but, obviously, they ain't cheap
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,228
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Roughly speaking 28 is size 10, 30 is size 12 etc.

Levis do tend to fit true to size but, obviously, they ain't cheap

Thankyou :):)

I think they have some Levis on Brandalley at the moment so I'll have a look. I've thought about them before but the ones available were too skinny and low rise for me. If they are true to size though I'll definitely keep an eye for a style I like.