"Slane Girl"

Comments

• Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a non-story? Teen girl has sex in gig shocker.

With all the technology around it was her stupid fault for doing it in public though. She clearly wasn't embarresed doing in front of hundreds now she'll just have to accept its going to be seen by millions instead.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yellowpark wrote: »
    This is nothing compares to what happens at gay prides.

I've been to a few Gay Pride events.. I must be blind because I have yet to see people doing that in broad daylight in the Streets of London or down Old Compton Street... Maybe in a Dark Room in XXL ... But at least it's dark and secluded... With no cameras. lol :D
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    Nobody suggested it's not up to her what she does with her body, did they? Noshing off strangers in front of a large group of other strangers shows a lack of self respect IMO. Someone with self respect would not deliberately devalue themselves in the eyes others, which is what she did. Or maybe she was just shitfaced and is now suffering near fatal levels of embarrassment and regret.

You seem to be misinformed about the meaning of the words "self respect."
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone involved should have their genitals removed. It's the only way.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I went to both, '91 and 92'.

I remember all the bare breasts and what seemed like a two human towers with a naked person at each summit.

I love Rock music but it's stuff like that what is one of the reasons I would never go to a concert
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a non-story? Teen girl has sex in gig shocker.

Total non story! It's only a story in the land of Twitter I suppose where it makes for easy gossip! But sadly I cannot summon up the strength to shake with rage over this one :D
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    I've been to a few Gay Pride events.. I must be blind because I have yet to see people doing that in broad daylight in the Streets of London or down Old Compton Street... Maybe in a Dark Room in XXL ... But at least it's dark and secluded... With no cameras. lol :D

San Francisco's gay festivals, and even Brighton pride about 5 years ago.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Actually someone with self respect wouldn't rely on the opinion of others to give them their self worth, so devaluing themselves in the eyes of others wouldn't be a factor.

I don't see it that way. For me self respect is primarily about maintaining my own personal standards, whilst being mindful that society has its own standards by which I'll be judged.
    claire2281 wrote: »
    'Devalue'? Bloody hell, is that how you see women? Valued on how 'respectable' you think they are?

'Well a nice boy will never want to marry you now young lady!'

What a load of backwards nonsense. That is misogynistic language talking right there. Sorry I just don't place that much importance of what a person chooses to do with their body as long as there is mutual consent. It's only sex and the quicker people get over judging others for it the better.

I also presume you meant to say that these young men 'devalued' themselves too.

Meanwhile here in the real world, ask 1000 men what they think of a woman who gives blowjobs to strangers at a concert. Whether you agree with it or not, society treats promiscuous men and women differently.
    The Phazer wrote: »
    You seem to be misinformed about the meaning of the words "self respect."

World English Dictionary: "A proper sense of one's own dignity and integrity" is pretty much how I see it too. Am I wrong?
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I read some are saying the girl may be underage if that is true should the lads be expecting a knock at the door
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your high street is clearly way cooler than mine! It was an Eminem Concert, if you really believe that that is an equivalent environment to a park, then you have been going to some pretty hard core parks

Sorry, I'm clearly mental, I didn't realise the coolness of a location denoted its publicness or appropriateness.

By that standard DS should all go have a massive orgy at Universal Orlando!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I see these pictures? are there still available?
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hands up if you would marry a girl with her own hashtag and photos of her sucking off two different men in public all over the Internet

Me neither

I'd be more put off by a man who judged and placed value on a woman based upon what she chose to do with her own body than someone who admitted they'd enjoyed sex with many partners.

Also you are presuming that all women are particularly bothered about if they are 'marriable' material as though that's their ultimate goal in life.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    When? I'll need to check if I can get time off work.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if you can post nsfw links here? Anyone?
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I'd be more put off by a man who judged and placed value on a woman based upon what she chose to do with her own body than someone who admitted they'd enjoyed sex with many partners.

Also you are presuming that all women are particularly bothered about if they are 'marriable' material as though that's their ultimate goal in life.

I was asking the men
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    People have varied taste in music. I guarantee there would have been teen boys there.. Maybe even with their GFs.

How do you know kids weren't at the concert? I've been to Scissor Sisters concerts and there have been 11 year olds there, despite the language Ana Matronic comes out with. Not to mention the references made in the songs about sex and drugs.

It was a public place, the girl shouldn't have been so stupid. She is lucky she has not been punished (aside from public ridicule). Hopefully this incident will make her think about what is acceptable and maybe will garner a little more self respect... Or at least the intelligence to do it where she won't get caught and labelled a sl*t

You have to be 16 or over to get a ticket apparently (see post #63) So the default wails of "will no one think of the children" don't apply
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read some are saying the girl may be underage if that is true should the lads be expecting a knock at the door

And the age of consent in the Republic of Ireland is 17, not 16, (which includes oral sex), so if this girl is 16, things may be about to get rather dicey.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you can post nsfw links here? Anyone?

No you can't post it here just tell me where I can see them, pm me. ;)
    Forum Member
    I don't see it that way. For me self respect is primarily about maintaining my own personal standards, whilst being mindful that society has its own standards by which I'll be judged.

How limiting for you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Type in Slane Girl Twitter on Google....might have to do a bit of trawling! Hope you're not having sausages for your tea, that's all I'll say!:o
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm clearly mental, I didn't realise the coolness of a location denoted its publicness or appropriateness.

Is that really the coolest place you can think of?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you can't post it here just tell me where I can see them, pm me. ;)

Done ;)
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile here in the real world, ask 1000 men what they think of a woman who gives blowjobs to strangers at a concert. Whether you agree with it or not, society treats promiscuous men and women differently

Why the hell should we care what men think about us? Are we supposed to be living up to their standards to please them? Again, that's just misogyny and it's these sort of things that really shows which people still hold such backward views.

And I would hope that no one agrees it's right to treat men and women who enjoy sex differently. Surely the only right attitude is to make no judgement at all on what people choose to do by mutual consent and realise that if you do judge them then that's your problem, not theirs?

After all the only thing she's done 'wrong' is to do this in public which she should be cautioned against to avoid getting in trouble with the law. I would hope too she's aware of the potential risks of STDs but possibly not because there's such a prudish attitude to sex in some parts of this society that young people aren't always educated enough on it. If both people are happy to do it, then there's nothing wrong with having and enjoying casual sex!
    Forum Member

Not mental, simply unable to discern sarcasm.

Also potentially very misguided about what is cool. Universal Orlando? Really!!
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How limiting for you

Not at all. How am I limiting myself if I refrain from doing things that I don't agree with?