Options

Soap stars you have met in real life?

KatEndersKatEnders Posts: 4,295
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I often see Jacqueline Jossa sometimes in Asda even saw her come out of Primark! I have met Steve McFadden too.

Which soaps stars have you met?

Comments

• Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she get pestered much by people or can freely walk around the shop without being bothered?
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry who was in Eastenders. Met him at a quiz night. He organised it. Nice guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I've seen her not really she dresses casual like everyone else so she blends in she's usually with friends.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Patrick Mower (Rodney in Emmerdale) many years before he was in Emmerdale. He was a lovely bloke, very charming. I had my photo taken with him :-)
  • Options
    claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Essex was starring at my local theatre and stopped and asked me for directions one day. He was lovely, and stood and chatted for quite a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    Brian Croucher who used to play Ted Hills in Eastenders ran a drama class in Canterbury around 16 years ago. He gave me the confidence to become a Film Extra, and one day in 2005 I walked into the dressing room for "The Bill" and there was Brian. He said, "what are you doing here?" I said, "The same as you except you are getting more money!" :D

He is a great guy, and very down to earth, one week he would be starring as Fagin in Oliver at The Marlowe Theatre, and the next, driving a taxi around Canterbury. ;-)
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    June Brown and her Moschino handbag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    June Brown and her Moschino handbag.

Lucky!:o
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Patrick Mower (Rodney in ED) in my local supermarket, he used my clubcard cos he didn't have one. :D

Ian Kelsey (Dave Glover in ED, Howard in Doctors)

Chris Chittell (Eric Pollard, ED)
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guy I know that used to work at the same place as me is on holiday abroad & has posted on Facebook that he has met Gemma Atkinson twice in 2 days.

He has posted a pic on there to prove it!
  • Options
    Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Barbara Windsor, and we had a long chat.

The original Martin Fowler - James Alexandrou. Also had a nice chat.

Tamzin Outhwaite. Another chat.

Gary Beadle, who played Paul Truman.

Shobu Kapoor - Gita, Eastenders.

The lady who used to play Kevin's sister in Corrie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Barbara Windsor, and we had a long chat.

The original Martin Fowler - James Alexandrou. Also had a nice chat.

Tamzin Outhwaite. Another chat.

Gary Beadle, who played Paul Truman.

Shobu Kapoor - Gita, Eastenders.

The lady who used to play Kevin's sister in Corrie.

Lucky! A relative of mine met Barbara Windsor a lot back in the 80's before she was in EastEnders. She recently bumped into Laila Morse (Big mo)
  • Options
    steven3001steven3001 Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William Roache. Shook his hand and said hello
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've met emmet scanlon who was really lovely and Chris fountain who was nice too
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Natalie Cassidy at a petrol station once. She was filling up her car.

So I walked up to her and went, "Hey, Natalie, what you up to?"

And she went, "Nothing mate. Just doing this now." with a smile.

Made my day hearing Natalie say those immortal words. :)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I've met emmet scanlon who was really lovely and Chris fountain who was nice too
    You win. :)
  • Options
    tjp1991tjp1991 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I met Michelle Keegan a couple of year ago in the Trafford Centre she was really nice chatted for a while and got pictures with me and my friends, I also met Helen Flannigan and she wasn't as nice lol.

I got invited by a friend to a charity ball a couple of years ago in Manchester in memory of a guy that used to direct emmerdale and corrie i think? And of course there was loads of the cast from both shows the guy who plays Aaron in emmerdale was really nice and so was the lady who played Sunita in corrie. Met Kym Marsh and Anthony Cotton outside the party in the smoking area and he took my lighter!! They were chatty enough though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I met Natalie Cassidy at a petrol station once. She was filling up her car.

So I walked up to her and went, "Hey, Natalie, what you up to?"

And she went, "Nothing mate. Just doing this now." with a smile.

Made my day hearing Natalie say those immortal words. :)

She always seems like a lovely person to me. I really like her in EastEnders but Tina and Sonia didn't work under DTC maybe it would with SOC.
  • Options
    Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky! A relative of mine met Barbara Windsor a lot back in the 80's before she was in EastEnders. She recently bumped into Laila Morse (Big mo)

Honestly, she was the loveliest lady, and she'd been quite unwell with Epstein-Barrs, but was happy to talk about it with me, a total stranger, telling me about her recovery.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often see Jacqueline Jossa sometimes in Asda even saw her come out of Primark! I have met Steve McFadden too.

Which soaps stars have you met?

Not just soaps but a fair few TV actors/actresses over the years as the town I live in is used for a lot of ITV filming including Emmmerdale, Heartbeat, The Chase (about the vets not the quiz show), A Touch of Frost, DI Banks, and some others I've forgotten the names of including one Sean Bean's in that's due this year or might even be on already.
    Plus I worked as a journalist on the local paper from the age of 18 so I did a load of interviews, features and reviews as well. The Heartbeat early years gang were lovely, Nick Berry etc. Used to do their grocery shopping in the greengrocers (now defunct).

Oh and my friend/old drama teacher is Bea Kelley who has appeared in shedloads of stuff.

Emmerdale's just put out notices warning of filming in town during November. It's traffic chaos when they're in town!
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I sat next to Ricky Groves a few years ago, he came down to watch Leyton Orient play at Nene Park, I was supporting Rushden & Diamonds, and I'd be invited in to the V.I.P area, knew it was him as soon as I heard his voice.
  • Options
    BcphBcph Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at last count: 46 eastender characters/actors - several of them many times - in Borehamwood at the entrance/exit - well, 47 really, coz "one" of them were the Oscar Branning twins. I don't and never have watched Holby City - but they use the same entrance - so God knows how many of them I have met without knowing

This is a brand new laptop - and my list with names is on the old one - which will not be emptied for documents - and transferred to this until tomorrow.

but some of the ones I've seen several times are Jay, Abi, Lucy, Lauren, Lee + a few others
  • Options
    jordanjohnsonjordanjohnson Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I met Sally Carman who plays Abi in Corrie (also stars as Kelly in Shameless too what I’m currently rewatching). She was absolutely lovely! She stopped to chat to me and my family and also let myself and my mam get a photo with her. She’s very different to both characters in real life!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31/05/21 - 16:28 #26
    Um is this an old thread? :lol: