Posh, she s still No 1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Don't think so mate. People were saying that years ago and she's arguably more famous/infamous whatever you like than ever. In the next few years we will no doubt see a spice girls reunion which will get heaps of publicity plus baby number four. Keep on dreamin, people are just too fascinated by her.

Remember, for a lot of women she has everything money, good looking man, fame, big house, travels around the world, celebrity friends 3 lovely kids.
    For this reason people are so interested in her life, see what she's wearing, see what she's doing and finding out what is going on behind closed doors, because at the end of the day if its something bad, people can see the downfall of a woman who has everything and judge her actions (which on some occasions make themselves feel better about life) or if its good stuff they want to continue to read about her and the life they want.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam3 wrote:
    Remember, for a lot of women she has everything money, good looking man, fame, big house, travels around the world, celebrity friends 3 lovely kids.
    For this reason people are so interested in her life, see what she's wearing, see what she's doing and finding out what is going on behind closed doors, because at the end of the day if its something bad, people can see the downfall of a woman who has everything and judge her actions (which on some occasions make themselves feel better about life) or if its good stuff they want to continue to read about her and the life they want.

That's what's so sad, though, to want to read about someone else's life (which apart from the material success, doesn't amount to much), rather than thinking about what to do with your own. Although you do have a point about the vicarious satisfaction of seeing someone's downfall. If the Beckhams hadn't set themselves up as publicity hungry, I don't think people would feel that way.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think so mate. People were saying that years ago and she's arguably more famous/infamous whatever you like than ever. In the next few years we will no doubt see a spice girls reunion which will get heaps of publicity plus baby number four. Keep on dreamin , people are just too fascinated by her.

I never dream ;)
    Forum Member
    susie4964 wrote:
    That's what's so sad, though, to want to read about someone else's life (which apart from the material success, doesn't amount to much), rather than thinking about what to do with your own. Although you do have a point about the vicarious satisfaction of seeing someone's downfall. If the Beckhams hadn't set themselves up as publicity hungry, I don't think people would feel that way.

Exactly! They want the attention and we give it to them. Also through reading about them ppl can forget that they need to sort themselves out because they either sit there and dream about having a life like theirs or they sit there and laugh at the problems the Beckhams face
    Either way the Beckhams, especially posh, wins!
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    PLEASE!!

Let's be honest here.

The only reason her fame has lasted is because she is married to David Beckham.

She is a disgraceful "role model" to young girls. She looks emaciated and completely unnatural.
  • BrightSparksBrightSparks Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shelfie wrote:
    Cool!

Let's have a butchers then..... :p:p:p
    LOL... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick James's "Superfreak" springs to mind .. . .
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote:
    PLEASE!!

Let's be honest here.

She is a disgraceful "role model" to young girls. She looks emaciated and completely unnatural.

I agree, if she had not married him she would not be in the limelight just like the other girls.
    Lets face it her solo career would not be anywhere, no one would know or care about her
  • wrigleyswrigleys Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Victoria is a lovely down to earth girl; I bet she would make a wonderful friend.
  • wrigleyswrigleys Posts: 2,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Beckham would not be the pin up he is anyway had he not married Victoria. She's the one who's guided and molded him into the superstar he has become.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    wrigleys wrote:
    I think Victoria is a lovely down to earth girl; I bet she would make a wonderful friend.

Funny how when she appears to have a 'friend' it appears that she's only using them to advance herself. She's so down to earth that she'd only be friendly with someone if they were worth a few million anyway - Tom and Katie spring to mind.

Some friend she'd make.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Posh gets in the Christmas spirit...

Christmas 2003 if I remember rightly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkvHEigOwU

Posh should have had a Christmas No 1 that your but she was pipped at the post
    by this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »
    PLEASE!!

Let's be honest here.

exactly
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Are you a computer invented by posh to defend her honour? You have an unusual writing presenation style.

I think it's where they connect a bunch of monkeys to the internet and wait to see what happens.
    Forum Member
    Posh...... her finest hour.....May 2003
    http://showbizstories.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/posh-her-finest-hour-7/

come on guys admit it... she looks good enough to eat.

(Becks is looking like the King of Bling ! )

• mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,765
    Forum Member
    I couldn't care less whether she pouts or has fake boobs.

From what I've read on many different sources, she is a fantastic mother who has brought up three very well mannered and polite boys. She is faithful and loyal to her husband and is completely harmless.

I most certainly don't think she deserves the really unkind comments often made about her.

I like her and nothing will change that.

She is a very successful businesswoman, mother and wife and I'm afraid that's a fact.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I don't like her and I hate her fake boobs and think she's probably got an eating disorder but have to agree with you mumbles.

From all accounts her children are adorable and seeing them together when Beckham picked up his award, those boys looked like gorgeous healthy polite young men and together they certainly looked like a happy loving family. Which is a great deal more than can be said for the rest of us let alone slebs.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria has never stated she was the best singer or anything she has done. To be fair - yes she is a little too thin. The thing I always think about Victoria is that she has always made the best of what she has, e.g. The Spice Girls weren't the best singers or dancers but look how big the girls made it. I respect her for what she has accomplished but she has worked bloody well hard for it. I did prefer her look in the Spice Girls as it was more naturual but I suppose she has been so caught up in the fashion that she has changed. But her personality is still the same to me, it's just we don't get to see it as often!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilt Kid wrote: »
    Well I have to stand apart from the Posh haters here....I like her.
    Fair enough, she isn't the best looking, most talented lass in the world but she makes the most of what she's got.
    Big up to Mrs Beckham!

agreed! i quite like her too.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont get why so many people are rude about posh she seems loverly and all the other wags respect her alot.

i think she is fab
    Forum Member
    Got to admit... they are 3 lovely boys...
    born into the Dynasty
    go here
    http://celebheaven.freepowerboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=7&p=1195#p1195
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her and I hate her fake boobs and think she's probably got an eating disorder but have to agree with you mumbles.

From all accounts her children are adorable and seeing them together when Beckham picked up his award, those boys looked like gorgeous healthy polite young men and together they certainly looked like a happy loving family. Which is a great deal more than can be said for the rest of us let alone slebs.

I agree with this, although I have to add that I can't stand her fake personality either. And clearly she has an eating disorder, despite her protestations to the contrary. She was a normal size when she was in the Spice Girls, and body-wise, far more attractive. Facially, she's more attractive now.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. As far as celebs go I think she's cool. Yes, she's fame hungry but no more than her husband. Plus, their marriage is clearly a sham. But even still she comes across well in the interviews and there's vulnerability there amongst the gloss. To me if all the fame and money were gone I could still imagine her still wanting and adoring her husband. I cannot see past Beckham's arrogance to wrk out if he would feel the same imo.
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. She is no worse a singer than Cheryl Cole and conducts herself in a classy fashion imo. She's nowhere near as fame hungry as alot of celebrities either imo.
This discussion has been closed.