Options

The EE cast don't know much about cats.

LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How could they not tell that the new cat 'Neville' was female. Male cats cannot have more than two colours unless they have three sex chromosomes, which is incredibly rare.
A three coloured male cat was recently sold for fifty grand.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How could they not tell that the new cat 'Neville' was female. Male cats cannot have more than two colours unless they have three sex chromosomes, which is incredibly rare.
    Is this common knowledge? I didn't know that either.... I am not a cat lover though.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think this is common knowledge, never heard of it before in my life.

Somehow I dont think Jodie knows anything about feline genetics...
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the previous owner didn't want to give the Cat the gender that society says we should put on humans, sure it may have female in the sexual organs sense but our gender is a man made thing...I feel a subplot for the Cat coming on :D
  • Options
    MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the previous owner didn't want to give the Cat the gender that society says we should put on humans, sure it may have female in the sexual organs sense but our gender is a man made thing...I feel a subplot for the Cat coming on :D

LOL!! :D:D Thanks for that, I needed that smile today
  • Options
    Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think this is common knowledge, never heard of it before in my life.

Somehow I dont think Jodie knows anything about feline genetics...

yes - she isn't the brightest of sparks is she?
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member

My cat Mr Whiskers was shocked and appalled by this. He even wrote a strongly worded letter to the BBC - he didn't pussy-foot around anything. It helped his frustration though, he's feline much better now...

:o
  • Options
    dontyougetitdontyougetit Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well my BOB (black cat) she is really happy with her name
  • Options
    QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't know this. Maybe that was some sort of cat lover joke? That they had a cat worth fifty grand and didn't know about it? ;)
    ... Whose cat is this you're talking about?
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    isnt that the writers problem ? :confused:
  • Options
    LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is not the characters but the writers. You don't generally get males who are tortoiseshell just as you don't usually get girls who are ginger. However it does happen occasionally. Didn't know that about Males not having more than 2 colours. What about ginger tabbies with white? The ginger can often be striped? I've seen a few males of those in my time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    Lol a thread all about cats