EVE Online

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    I don't know about that, there are ways to avoid pirates. I just see it as a part of the game if there was no danger it wouldn't be fun.

But that's the thing, if pirates really want you dead they will just suicide rush you at a gate even in high sec. There is no real, surefire way of keeping yourself safe if you become a target. I think part of it is that there is a lot of stress on things you can do on your own in the marketing of the title, but in reality it is very much PvP all the way through.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I played EVE very close to launch and played it for close to 3 years , keep popping back every so often for the odd month or two but the main reason I stopped playing "full-time" was when the emphasis on pvp became so pronounced and for me the game became a bit unbalanced as the risk v reward ethos the game was meant to be based on was lost imo
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    PinSarla wrote: »
    I just downloaded the 14 day trial the other day, and having played it for a short time now I am quite liking it. I was just wondering though if anyone else has played this for a considerable amount of time, and what their experiences are?

I know it's meant to be ridiculously deep and complicated, but I am wondering if this is the case no mater what level you play at? Could you just trundle along doing your own thing, maybe working at a low level in a corporation, or will they require my blood sweat and tears and every non-working & waking hour of my day :p

I am currently doing the tutorials and the opening stuff, as I've read elsewhere it's pretty much a must. Once I've done them though I'm not so sure what to do, I take it it's a case of do pretty much whatever the hell you want to do?

I know someone on DS plays this, as they have an EVE system as their location :p

It got boring after a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing game, haven't played it for a while though. I'm a bit on and off, one time I reactivated and found myself in 0.0 flying my most expensive ship, warped to the gate and got locked and fired on. Shields were gone before I remembered how to return fire. I made it back to high-sec but it was one of the most nerve-wracking gaming experiences I've had.