Roger Lloyd-Pack has died

Comments

• Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Draca_Noir wrote: »
    In terms of screen time, Trigger may well go down as the funniest character ever. I can't remember a scene in OFAH including Trigger that didn't have me in bits afterwards.

If they were thinking of doing another few episodes, they might as well forget it now.

You are right. Always looked forward to his scenes (a special part in a brilliant ensemble cast), and I think John Sullivan did right not to overuse him. What you then have is a collection of gems.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    For me, the funniest line RLP delivered as Trigger was in the episode "Sickness and Wealth".

The guys are all round a table having a seance and the woman in charge is describing Del and Rodney's mother. She says there's a person with long flowing white hair, bracelets and rings of gold adorning the wrists and fingers.

Del: "Blimey, you know who that is don't ya?"

And Trigger says "It sounds like Jimmy Saville".

:D

And the bloody BBC edited that joke out of the episode last time I saw it screened! A true insult to RLP!

Sad news anyway. RIP Roger.:(

The episode where Del & Rodney become millionaires, just before the Auction Del & Rodney in the local boozer with Denzil Boycie, Trigger & Mike discussing people who famous for 15 minutes, like Simon Dee, ecc Trigger joins in with "Gandhi, he made one great film then you never saw him again".:D

Part of that trilogy, in Sids Cafe, Trigger showing a photo of himself getting an award for having the same brush for 20 years, "the brush has had 17 new heads & 14 new handles":D

Sad news RIP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legend of television.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gutted, only just heard the news. OFAH was part of my childhood growing up. Another one of the cast taken from us.

If the rumored special goes ahead, then I expect that in the tradition of the show the death will be dealt with on screen, I don't think Trigger will simply be written off like Mike was when Kenneth MacDonald died, It just wouldn't feel right for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

Only Fools has always been good at dealing with death in a touching yet funny way. I can't imagine Roger Lloyd Pack wanting it any other way.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Sad news, I had no idea he was ill. I'd seen him in a few things but I liked him best as Trigger in OFAH.

I hope there is a little tribute to him in the upcoming Sports Relief special. I don't mean killing Trigger off either. I heard there's been talk about bringing it back as a full series which I was against and this is all the more reason for that now.

RIP to a comedy legend.
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    "If it's a girl they're calling her Sigourney after an actress, and if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney, after Dave."

Great line. RIP.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    I am totally shocked at this very sad news. One of the funniest men on tv and will be so sadly missed.

R I P x
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember him from OFAH. I thought he was a fine comedy actor in the Vicar of Dibley.

How can you not 'remember' him from only fools?? You obviously never watched it then.

Absolute legend dies

RIP
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gandhi gag did it for me, i still laugh at that after watching it for many many times.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Aww no! He was an amazing actor - a legend has left us - bereft.:(
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts go out to Emily and her family.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    There's this scene where Rodney asks Trigger why he calls him Dave:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TsxDGtMpA
    Funnily enough watched that last week when I was browsing through some OFAH clips. Never gets old. :D
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually weirded out by how devastated I am. I really really am. I went cold when I read the news. I grew up with OFAH, like many of us, but I also adored him in Vicar of Dibley, and MOST of all, was completely head over heels obsessed with The Old Guys, which despite peoples lack of 'getting it' was sharp and incredibly funny. I actually FANCIED him in it despite him being twice my age!

I'm really upset, and yes, how can they do more OFAH now? It just doesn't make sense really...
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice that so many people have mentioned how versatile he was. Damn good stage and film actor, but for a lot of people they might have thought he was just like Trigger in real-life :D. Condolences to his family.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm saddened to hear this. He was a fantastic character actor. I'm not a fan of OFAH, but I did see (and really enjoy his work in) The Vicar of Dibley and 2point4 Children (the latter especially - he had a brilliant recurring role as Ben's nemesis).
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I am sorry. He was great in OFAH. I liked him more than the main stars.
  • MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did no one else watch The Old Guys?? AT ALL???

It was honestly AMAZING.
  • Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So. Farewell
    Then
    Roger Lloyd-Pack

Always a fool
    Never a
    Horse

"Alright Dave"
    Yes.
    That was you.

But now it seems
    You have Roger
    Lloyd
    Packed in.

E.J Thribb
    17 1/2
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an episode at the height of the mad cow disease.

'I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've been eating british beef all my life'.

If that was meant to convince the others there was nothing to worry about it failed!

RIP Trigger.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    There was an episode at the height of the mad cow disease.

'I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've been eating british beef all my life'.

If that was meant to convince the others there was nothing to worry about it failed!

RIP Trigger.

Think it may be Danger UXD episode, Mike is serving Stew, Del fancies some but Rodney tries to put Del off because of BSE, up steps Trigger"I don't know what you're worried about i've been eating British Beef all my life" Del now with second thoughts asks for Double Egg & Chips Mike & Rodney shake there heads in agreement with Del.:D
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    very sad news :(, her was a fdantastic actor in everyhting he was in , R.I.P
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,235
    Forum Member
    Very sad news, and I think this news also kills off any prospect of a new full episode of Fools & Horses, the show is now missing Grandad/Uncle Albert, Mike, Trigger and last I heard the actor who plays Mickey Pearce was struggling with alcoholism. Also John Sullivan the writer passed away. It just wouldn't be the same show now.
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourites, was when Trigger was discussing some music in the stereo with I think Rodney in Del's flat, and the music was Mozart's Symphony No 38 in D Major.

A few moments later Del asked Trigger what the music was and he repeated it was Mozart's Symphony No 38 in D Major, and Del was impressed only for Trigger to say it was the karaoke version. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDg9q0Af6zw

The timing was impeccable.

may Roger RIP.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man Trigger

RIP Roger

I'm shocked
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    RIP. I'll be in the minority here, but I hated Fools And Horses, never watched it save for the occasional episode I couldn't get out of. I loved him best for his role in Vicar Of Dibley, thought he was hilarious and very talented.