Options

Losing motivation!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
Forum Member
Hi all, i suppose this is just a rant really. I've recently moved house as many who have commented on my previous posts will know, it was under decidedly unpleasant circumstances. I didnt want to move, but i had too for my peace of mind and my sons well being. So i moved. The house was a terrible state when i did. I spent days and days painting and glossing and trying my hardest to make it look at the very least, a little better than it did. So i was left with very very little time to move all my furniture in, get curtain poles up etc (and not all rooms even have those). I focused on my sons room mainly because i want him to be happy here, and he is. His room is completed with new carpet, wallpaper and paint and his stuff in there. I had to buy a new cooker and get my sky moved and all my bills moved over. I had to miss several days of college to be here when these things were completed.

The problem im having now is that im losing motivation for the house. There are boxes still unpacked, bags of linens still waiting to go in the airing cupboard, my washing machine broke in transit so its in but ill now be doing my washing at my mums house. I'm saving for wooden flooring downstairs so its just stone floors in the lounge. I stayed here overnight night for the first time yesterday (son is at his dads) and instead of knuckling down and finishing getting the place straight i just went to bed. Today as well ive done nothing. Is this common with moving? Has anyone moved and felt this way? I like this house and i think it could be lovely when its done and everything has its place etc.. i just cant seem to muster up the motivation to complete the job right now :(

Comments

• Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's said that moving house is the most stressful thing you can do apart from giving birth, so it's not surprising that you feel the need to rest. Take it slowly. Make a list and try to do one job per day. As you tick off each one as "done", you can feel proud of yourself.