The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Probably just for the Easter holiday I assume :) I love her hair colour aswell, I hope she keeps it like this.

Oh yeahhh I keep forgetting it's Easter! Hahaha but yeah regarding her hair, same :) I hope that she has it for the next era! It makes her look more exotic and younger
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want some news, its gone too quiet again. Just an update on how the album is coming along would be great.

I'm still desperately hoping the album or at least a single will be released in the summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also really hope Leona is going to be booked in for a lot of festivals this summer, she really needs to be doing these, its a great way to expand your fanbase.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I really want some news, its gone too quiet again. Just an update on how the album is coming along would be great.

I'm still desperately hoping the album or at least a single will be released in the summer.

I hope Knowall comes back :')
  • esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They played Run on BBC Radio One today! She had some nice tweets around the time it was on.

Also, watching her performance of Bleeding Love at the Heart View Global Foundation event. The two backing singers are amazing, finally some voices that blend with Leona's!
  • Maxwe11Maxwe11 Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Haven't posted in awhile. Happy to be back. Excited about the next era mainly because I have no expectations and just ready to have more quality Leona music.

Hope they will release around the time of the film bc I imagine there will be tons of publicity surrounding her.

Also, I was scouring Youtube the other day trying to find someone to obsess over because I love people who can really singggg. Found this reallly pretty girl and curious what yall think? Gonna request for her to do a Leona song :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iHLN51GjQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr94iY77NpI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxwe11 wrote: »
    Haven't posted in awhile. Happy to be back. Excited about the next era mainly because I have no expectations and just ready to have more quality Leona music.

Hope they will release around the time of the film bc I imagine there will be tons of publicity surrounding her.

Also, I was scouring Youtube the other day trying to find someone to obsess over because I love people who can really singggg. Found this reallly pretty girl and curious what yall think? Gonna request for her to do a Leona song :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iHLN51GjQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr94iY77NpI

Hi there, welcome back! :D

She has a lovely voice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Leona's current hair and hair color, I hope she keeps it this way for awhile! I'd also be interested in doing the discography ranking, I've never taken part in one so it would be cool!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

Strange that it mentions this too
    July 2008 – Leona Lewis’s Bleeding Love is the first download to sell more than 500,000 copies.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    "Bleeding Love" sold lots of physicals too. So it didn't make the list on downloads alone.

You needed around ~720k? sales i think. BL has sold less than 600k downloads i think and the rest physicals.
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digital sales weren't as big as they are today when Bleeding Love came out. A lot of it was probably physical sales as well.

I saw this today. The memories. :cry:

http://i.minus.com/ibbAxaLxqmjYZI.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go in there and tell them why Leona is the X Factor benchmark. :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=72318676#post72318676
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if we already knew the date for Walking On Sunshine but it's gonna be released to UK cinemas on 27th of Jun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I've had this on longer than I'm willing to admit

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=a2jHgV_7-Fw

So for album number 5, I would like to see

One duet, maybe something like broken strings with Bruno mars
    A different style that we haven't heard before, possibly country
    Epic vocal moments in the form of vocal runs and notes
    A large number of tracks that works together and shows variety
    A lead single that she can slay live
    More positive songs, and dealing some thing other than love and heartbreak
    A song that is partially sung in a different language (she already done inaspettata and ave maria)
    Try not to become over do singing the same song
    Have a performance or music video directed by Dennis that shows her dancing skills
    Have an album cover that shows her exotic beauty
    No more delays
    A structure to the promo (mentioned recently) e.g. style, staggered release's and single picked from feedback

The album glassheart had so much negativity around it due to the delays, loss of single's, poor chart performance, hated album cover and single choices, confusion with fireflies and lovebird, strange fashion choices, avicii controversy, leak of love bird, mass hype put behind trouble by fans, lack luster music video's, fans disappointment of glassheart not being released etc.

Don't get me wrong I loved glassheart :) the reason why echo was maybe not as popular as spirit was because it kept on being compared, every artist has this problem but since spirit was massively successful as a debut people expected to much. For me I expected too much from glassheart because of the delays and its was not till recently where I can fully appreciate it. So from here on out I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and try to appreciate Leona more.
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wA-X_G0cY

Looks wrong in so many ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or this the first era that no one is writing about working with Leona or whatsoever :p During Glassheart (and the other 2 albums) we had several tweets talking about songs such as Hanging All The Roses etc but now we have nothing :p
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or this the first era that no one is writing about working with Leona or whatsoever :p During Glassheart (and the other 2 albums) we had several tweets talking about songs such as Hanging All The Roses etc but now we have nothing :p

Maybe she's not recording properly yet :D I think they gonna do sogwriting camp for her again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's not recording properly yet :D I think they gonna do sogwriting camp for her again.

Uhmm.. They better not. I need this album asap.. >:(:D
    Forum Member
    Uhmm.. They better not. I need this album asap.. >:(:D

If they're smart enough they'll release a summer single in Jun/July (when the movie is released) - a happy upbeat song.

I just don't wanna see another October/November release of the album with a single released a week before the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they're smart enough they'll release a summer single in Jun/July (when the movie is released) - a happy upbeat song.

I just don't wanna see another October/November release of the album with a single released a week before the album.

Yeah I hope so too :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is the impression I'm getting, I think it's still very early stages of recording. Either that or she's just keeping extremely quiet about it. If we don't hear anything about it within the next two months (bare in mind I expect she'll be asked about it when the promo for WOS begins) then it'll be a November release. They saw how well OMS did towards the end of the year so it wouldn't surprise me if they went for similar tactics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the impression I'm getting, I think it's still very early stages of recording. Either that or she's just keeping extremely quiet about it. If we don't hear anything about it within the next two months (bare in mind I expect she'll be asked about it when the promo for WOS begins) then it'll be a November release. They saw how well OMS did towards the end of the year so it wouldn't surprise me if they went for similar tactics.

She was really quiet when recording CWL too, right? I mean, she said she had just finsihed Art On Ice and went back in the studio the months after. We didn't even know, then the Body Shop gig came out of nowhere. Also, when recording songs for CWL in Summer we didn't know anything either.

I remember Maloy tweeting she heard Leona singing opera, it must have been Leona rehearsing Ave Maria then :D

I hope they ask her about her next album when she's doing that gig on May 7th
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was really quiet when recording CWL too, right? I mean, she said she had just finsihed Art On Ice and went back in the studio the months after. We didn't even know, then the Body Shop gig came out of nowhere. Also, when recording songs for CWL in Summer we didn't know anything either.

I remember Maloy tweeting she heard Leona singing opera, it must have been Leona rehearsing Ave Maria then :D

I hope they ask her about her next album when she's doing that gig on May 7th

Well she did Art On Ice, followed by the tour which finished in May, the Body Shop gig then X-Factor Arabia where she confirmed a new album for December in which a press release followed about the Christmas release. She played some Summer shows, and then tweeted & instagrammed stuff about recording throughout the end of Summer. We also had all those tweets about writers submitting Christmas songs :p She was quite active really.

It's hard to tell what's happening. If nothing is mentioned around the time WOS is released, we should expect an end of year release or even early next year.
This discussion has been closed.