When Are We Going To Get The New CBS Channels?

Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone any ideas about this? As far as I know we only have CBS Reality now, I want the drama ones...

I do get fed up when it seems to me that Sky satellite can have an infinite number of channels, and always adding more, and when new channels launch a deal with Virgin isn't necessary in their list of priorities...

Comments

• NEWLINEtvNEWLINEtv Posts: 5,420
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas about this? As far as I know we only have CBS Reality now, I want the drama ones...

I do get fed up when it seems to me that Sky satellite can have an infinite number of channels, and always adding more, and when new channels launch a deal with Virgin isn't necessary in their list of priorities...

just a suggestion, why don't you telephone 150 and ask them? :)
  • OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone Horror is rumoured to be closing on Virgin Channel 149 before the end of the year and a CBS branded channel is to launch on that channel. It is quite possible that this will be CBS Drama, but there is no confirmation of this yet.
  • Katia PolletinKatia Polletin Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No idea, however there isn't a Sky satellite, and these channels aren't Sky channels either, plus they are Free To Air.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea, however there isn't a Sky satellite, and these channels aren't Sky channels either, plus they are Free To Air.

CBS Drama is Sky Channel 149 and Freesat 135, according to Total TV Guide. I don't know about the other CBS channels.

If there is no Sky satellite, how do Sky subscribers get their channels? How do the signals reach their dishes? No, don't tell me, I don't really want to know.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEWLINEtv wrote: »
    just a suggestion, why don't you telephone 150 and ask them? :)

On a Sunday? I intend to, tomorrow. What was the harm in asking on here in the meantime?
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS Drama is Sky Channel 149 and Freesat 135, according to Total TV Guide. I don't know about the other CBS channels.

If there is no Sky satellite, how do Sky subscribers get their channels? How do the signals reach their dishes? No, don't tell me, I don't really want to know.

There isn't a 'sky' satellite. bSkyb use capacity on the Astra 2 cluster administered by SES. Freesat also use Astra 2. And if something were to happen to the Astra 2 cluster, Sky would be absolutely screwed.

It's one of my pet hates. Sky is not a method
    of recieving TV. It's satellite television. Always has been and always will be. Sky is merely a provider. Same as getting your channels under the ground through a virgin. You don't. You recieve the channels through cable. Virgin is the provider.
  • Katia PolletinKatia Polletin Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sky own no satellites, they lease capacity like all the other broadcasters (ITV, BBC, Zone, UKTV etc) from either SES or Eutelsat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    CBS Reality is a rebrand of Zone Reality and therefore not really a new channel. No anounced plans for anything else new atm. Rebranded at same time as TMF to Viva
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    Zone Horror is rumoured to be closing on Virgin Channel 149 before the end of the year and a CBS branded channel is to launch on that channel. It is quite possible that this will be CBS Drama, but there is no confirmation of this yet.

Hope not I like Zone Horror!
  • brendagoatsbrendagoats Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    so do I.....
    If they pull Zone Horror, then what's the point?:cry:
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zone horror is a very good channel
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS Drama
    CBS Action
    CBS Reality

Are all on BskB and FreeSat with Zone Horror

So I hope that Virgin gets all these channels.

I hope that the news that Zone Horror is close down as it's the only channel to go against BskyB with this type shows, it will only take Sci fi to close and Sky movies Sci fi/ horror wins.
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    CBS Drama
    CBS Action
    CBS Reality

Are all on BskB and FreeSat with Zone Horror

So I hope that Virgin gets all these channels.

I hope that the news that Zone Horror is close down as it's the only channel to go against BskyB with this type shows, it will only take Sci fi to close and Sky movies Sci fi/ horror wins.

Thought zone horror was to be rebranded like the others just a little later.
  • faticeirafaticeira Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And is there any way of people asking them for the CBS drama and to keep zone horror? When I asked customer services they said they don't take these requests.

Infact, they never seem to do anything you ask when you call. Worst staff ever. Oh, except for when you sign up. After that it is too late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    faticeira wrote: »
    And is there any way of people asking them for the CBS drama and to keep zone horror? When I asked customer services they said they don't take these requests.

Infact, they never seem to do anything you ask when you call. Worst staff ever. Oh, except for when you sign up. After that it is too late.

nobody in customer services will have access to that information unless it is offically announced by virgin, and even then it will be on digital spy before it is on the company intranet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    any updates about this topic recently?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

And I'd say don't expect them any time soon as VM seems to have a policy of not adding channels, especially standard definition channels, and on the odd occasion that new channels do appear it's at the expense of an existing channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour has it that CBS Drama is coming and is likely to be on our screens by the autumn. However, I have to caution you that this is just a rumour at the moment.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    Why do you not buy a Freesat Box and a Satellite dish and you can get all the CBS channels and the Zone Horror channel for free?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you not buy a Freesat Box and a Satellite dish and you can get all the CBS channels and the Zone Horror channel for free?
    But why should anyone have to, Joshua, when they are already splashing out for pay TV with Virgin Media?
  • jonnybelchjonnybelch Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    If horror leaves virgin then so will I. Freesat here I come.
  • timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If horror leaves virgin then so will I.

That'll be two horrors less then............;)
  • Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have any more news on when/if Virgin are going to get Sky Atlantic, CBS Action and CBS Drama, as my family keeps seeing them advertised on the other channels and are ready to go over to Sky to get them now.

If they do away with Zone Horror to make room for them then it will be just another reason to leave Virgin.

Also does anyone know if it is true one of the reasons Virgin do not get the same amount of channels as Sky do, is it because cable just cant handle the same amount of channels as satellite?
  • davebav50davebav50 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of these are available on a Freesat box.
    Youu can buy one of these in Argos for £29 and connect it to an old Sky dish or you can buy a complete Satelite kit in B&Q for £25 (includes Dish and Cables and Receiver). There is nothing further to pay.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    But why should anyone have to, Joshua, when they are already splashing out for pay TV with Virgin Media?

But Freesat is Free, there is no subscription whatsoever,
    so what is the problem of getting a Freesat box and hooking it up to your TV?