Roland Rat on the One Show

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
Forum Member
Did anyone see this earlier? Talk about awkward :eek: Roland tried to crack onto Christine and took the mick out Adrian's accent, much to his annoyance. I think the rat went off script somewhere... neither of the presenters looked very amused.

Comments

• uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was well funny...especially when Roland was talking about Christine and Frank Lampard, although he didn't mention any names!
  • TraynorTraynor Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cut Roland short, not best pleased was Adrian
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Cringe-worthy TV, 'Rat Fans'! Yehhhhhhhhhhh!! :D
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    I liked it because Roland made the show more entertaining because to be honest The One Show is usually boring..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I switched it over for Eastenders.
    will catch it on Iplayer
    Why was there a pic of Supergran
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I switched it over for Eastenders.
    will catch it on Iplayer
    Why was there a pic of Supergran

Bleakley was going on about it being her favourite programme as a kid.
  • imacseanimacsean Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    You just knew the Rat was gonna off the reservation, i expected the Lampard piss take but going after Chiles was a added bonus.
    The Rat was always funny, and this made watching the 1 show actually worth while for five minutes (could not muster energy to reach remote)
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Roland Rat!
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does John Terry have to be brought into "everything?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had roland rat slippers as a kid....... don't have much else to add to that, hah. :o

Orville ones too :o:o
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release Me wrote: »
    Bring back Roland Rat!

And Kevin!
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Traynor wrote: »

Funny though.

When you saw the smug grins leave their faces, you knew it wasnt quite going to plan.....:D
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    I liked it because Roland made the show more entertaining because to be honest The One Show is usually boring..

Exactly. I loved it! :D
  • bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Funny though.

When you saw the smug grins leave their faces, you knew it wasnt quite going to plan.....:D

yeah.. I don't usually watch but the childrens' programme bit caught my eye and then I saw Roland! Love the bit about the accent... Made me laugh lots to see Adrian speechless for once.. and the bit about Terry Pratchet only selling a few books and Roland saving a whole TV channel was priceless.. only Roland could do that...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah.. I don't usually watch but the childrens' programme bit caught my eye and then I saw Roland! Love the bit about the accent... Made me laugh lots to see Adrian speechless for once.. and the bit about Terry Pratchet only selling a few books and Roland saving a whole TV channel was priceless.. only Roland could do that...:D

RR seemed to throw them completely!.

TP seemed a little annoyed, as both CB & AC talked over him, as if he hasnt enough to deal with without such unprofessionalism.
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Traynor wrote: »
    I wish I'd seen that. Not because I'm particularly interested in the puppet, but Adrian Chiles is far and away the most annoying man on television today. At least the likes of Bill Turnbull, Clarkson, etc. are easily avoided.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I'd seen that.

Well, it is on iPlayer.