Options

Vodaphone sim swap woes.

Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
Forum Member
Has anyone had any issues swapping vodaphone sims? I swapped my vodaphone sim for a micro sim on Wednesday. I received a email saying it should take no longer than 24 hours. Yet here I am on Sunday still waiting. I spoke to someone in the Vodaphone shop yesterday who simply stated that sim swaps "go wrong" sometimes. Which is not much use to me.

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues swapping vodaphone sims? I swapped my vodaphone sim for a micro sim on Wednesday. I received a email saying it should take no longer than 24 hours. Yet here I am on Sunday still waiting. I spoke to someone in the Vodaphone shop yesterday who simply stated that sim swaps "go wrong" sometimes. Which is not much use to me.

I would call them up from a landline so they can help you, and it's Vodafone!!
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Always been instantaneous in my experience with Vodafone.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    it's only ever taken moments for me.

in fact when i phoned up to do it the woman was in the process of saying 'and that should happen within the next twenty...' and it happened right then.
  • Options
    mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me last year. Over 24 hours without the swap happening. One phonecall to customer services and it was sorted though.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrMick wrote: »
    Happened to me last year. Over 24 hours without the swap happening. One phonecall to customer services and it was sorted though.

Same for someone I know. I believed their explanation to her was that the assistant in the store hadn't actioned the swap correctly or something like that.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never got it to work yet, also their oral for my Vodafone account is dire and trying to manage the sure signals on it is horrendous. Finally the One Net account is so slow its like watching paint dry

So much for managing your own account its dire