Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Yes! Nearly deafened me LOL
    Yeah, she ruined the song for me
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    No, the song required a big vocal, she delivered, whats wrong with being confident? Its not arrogance.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, when she was asked 'Is there anything you can't do?' We said 'Sing quietly!'

Way over the top and the shouty delivery completely lost the story of the song.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really liked her performance. I think 'shouty' is completely overused.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Christina Marie is too shouty?

WHAT DID YOU SAY I CAN'T HEAR YOU :D:p^_^
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    No, the song required a big vocal, she delivered, whats wrong with being confident? Its not arrogance.

There's a difference between a big vocal and shouting. Also, I'm not sure that song required a big vocal.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely detest that sort of singing. I fast forwarded through her song.
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I normally like that kind of singing, but I found that too screechy for me. I liked her performance last week though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    She's way to loud and desperate, last week she was this fragile Shakey little girl and this week she's a completely different person /:
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    She completely murdered that song, yet again confusing shouting for singing! Her overly dramatic snarling and face contortion was also a really big turn off. To my ears, her voice has an extremely harsh element to it which grates on me very badly. I too had to turn the volume down as the screeching was almost ear piercing at various points in her performance.

No tears this time, but we still had to endure her 'poor little me' sob story before she sang. I just can't take to her and I'm convinced she's playing everybody like a violin which some people seem to falling for. One minute she's the coy, shy little girl - the next she appears to be quite confident, cocky and assured.

I'm afraid she's at it again in the group song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    There's a difference between a big vocal and shouting. Also, I'm not sure that song required a big vocal.

The Cher one does.
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Harry Connick Jr would have had some serious words with her about her delivery - and rightly so. Great voice, but I felt like she was very angry with me :o
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    The Cher one does.

Unfortunately, Christina turned it into a shouty mess!
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's way to loud and desperate, last week she was this fragile Shakey little girl and this week she's a completely different person /:

Desperate post. She was clearly trying to hold it together, but I guess she cant win with you.

Love the contrarions who decide someone with a huge voice is shouty, not cool to agree with most people is it? Very boring. Happened with Leah Mcfall, happens with Mariah Carey etc. Its transparent and quite sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally loved it. love her voice
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She massively over sang that song, such a big vocal wasn't needed and it was quite painful.

Is she the one that sang Vision of Love by Mariah Carey earlier in the series? She did a good job of that.
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Personal opinion really isn't it, I love her voice, love the power - I don't think it's shouting, if it is I must love shouting because I really enjoyed tonight's performance.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of the best, but tonight was borderline. I had to turn the tv down, she was so loud.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too shouty and too twiddly.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge Christina Marie fan but this week was her worst performance. Far too shouty for me as well. One of my pet hates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haters gonna hate. I thought it was her best performance, the music was big sounding, what do you expect her to do, whisper it?
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    She does have an incredible voice and while this was in no way her best (I thought Chris was better tonight) im not upset Christina Marie is through.

If she would have played it more like a suave sensual version of the song it could have been the stand out performance of the night. I hope she comes back strong like we know she can do :)
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame she didn't take longer to build the song. As it was it was like a desperate club singer trying to be heard over the conversations. Zero subtlty or sophistication. And she barked her way through the team song.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Yes Christina Marie is far too powerful for me I'm afraid.

I also like Jamie but he murdered that beautiful ,fragile Bonnie Raitt song, sometimes less is more.