shaun ryder poked gillian with a stick

13»

Comments

• Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helenaka wrote: »
    To me, Gillian is the classic case of someone who can dish it out but cannot take it.

She was manipulative beyond belief, rude and selfish.
    francie wrote: »
    Characteristics of a bully imo.
    Exactly - just like my father, just like one of my old bosses.

People like that dish it out all they like, but as soon as somebody has a pop back they play the victim card and make out they're hard done by.

If McKeith is a victim, she's only a victim of her own astonishingly self-obsessed behaviour. None of the others acted like that and I don't see the OP saying they were 'bullied'. Perhap's there's a direct link between the two?
    Though I will agree with the OP, that her children shouldn't be brought in to it.
    So why did their mother allow them to be brought into it by letting them be filmed? She could have said 'no' and the production company would have had to respect it.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    They showed a bit of the poking on ITV2, Shaun was totally straight-faced, it was like he was stoking the fire or something!

I thought he was poking in a caring, kindly way.......checking that she was still alive. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I agree. With both points actually. :)

Stacey raised a valid point with Gillian in a non-confrontational way and she ended up in tears.

I remember how offensive Gillian used to be to people on You Are What You Eat. Her rudeness was staggering.

To me, Gillian is the classic case of someone who can dish it out but cannot take it.

She was manipulative beyond belief, rude and selfish.

Though I will agree with the OP, that her children shouldn't be brought in to it.

+1

She was appalling to members of the public on her own show, very aggressive & bullying.

If they had ganged up on her relentlessly throwing creepy-crawlies on her then I'd agree it would count as bullying, a couple of pi$$-taking comments and some teasing is not bullying.

As this show reveals all too clearly some show-bizz people are so obviously & outrageously needy, self-centred & up themselves that some puncturing of their little arrogant & pompous bubbles is the least they can expect.
    That can make for good viewing, sometimes.

Gillian so obviously put herself ahead of the others that it was no surprise they failed to warm to her (although even after all of that Shaun and the others were still kind enough to put an arm around her when she blubbed sufficiently).

They were not constantly hostile to her, perhaps surprisingly?

As for her kids?
    She showed us all a new chapter of her unpleasantness on that one, completely unprompted and as horrible as anything we'd seen so far, easily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    flowers786 wrote: »
    and dom chucked leaves on her while she was sleeping

dom was saying this on itv2, i found it sickening the way he enjoyed the bullying of a woman

big deal she overreacted, no excuse to bully someone, she wasnt a malicious person

Might have done it myself;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly - just like my father, just like one of my old bosses.

People like that dish it out all they like, but as soon as somebody has a pop back they play the victim card and make out they're hard done by.

If McKeith is a victim, she's only a victim of her own astonishingly self-obsessed behaviour. None of the others acted like that and I don't see the OP saying they were 'bullied'. Perhap's there's a direct link between the two?

So why did their mother allow them to be brought into it by letting them be filmed? She could have said 'no' and the production company would have had to respect it.

I don't agree with her children seemingly being the only ones in Australia there to support her. Where was her husband/Manager? I thought it was sad to see those two young girls being questioned about their mother's hysterical behaviour. It just leaves me with more contempt for Gillian, that she allowed her kids to be filmed and interviewed having to discuss her bizarre behaviour. It would be hard enough for an adult to justify her antics, let alone two kids who seemingly have no previous media experience.

What I meant by leaving her kids out of it, was in fact, I don't like to see nasty comments written about them because a) they are young and b) IMO I think they have enough on their plate already, being Gillian's daughter's!

But yes, you are quite right, she put them in the public's eyes.
    +1

She was appalling to members of the public on her own show, very aggressive & bullying.

If they had ganged up on her relentlessly throwing creepy-crawlies on her then I'd agree it would count as bullying, a couple of pi$$-taking comments and some teasing is not bullying.

As this show reveals all too clearly some show-bizz people are so obviously & outrageously needy, self-centred & up themselves that some puncturing of their little arrogant & pompous bubbles is the least they can expect.
    That can make for good viewing, sometimes.

Gillian so obviously put herself ahead of the others that it was no surprise they failed to warm to her (although even after all of that Shaun and the others were still kind enough to put an arm around her when she blubbed sufficiently).

They were not constantly hostile to her, perhaps surprisingly?

As for her kids?
    She showed us all a new chapter of her unpleasantness on that one, completely unprompted and as horrible as anything we'd seen so far, easily.

:) Thank you for your comments. :):o

And right back at you +1! :D

I totally agree with all you have written, you put it far better than I could.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    On second thoughts... something a wee bit stronger may be better... a nice cocktail perhaps? With a stick in it!

Haha... Nice one! :D

On a serious note though, I wish people would stop throwing the 'bullying' accusation around just because people don't like the person they support.

I have little respect for those who attack others just because we dont agree with their opinion, which incidentally, is what that particular poster has doen on many occasions.

Those that like Gillian are unable to present any redeeming qualities about her or her time in the jungle. Most likely because there are none, so they try to defend her by attacking others instead! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was a horrible woman addmitted herself she made good television so she clearly knew wot she was doing

she didnt care that nobody was eating because she doesnt eat herself-as long as she got her air time

i would have poked her until she fell out of bed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the intent. Some people REALLY need to open their eyes and their minds.

As I said, if Gillian did ANY of this to anybody else, she'd be lynched.

People really need to take a look at themselves if they can condone this stuff just because the victim is somebody who simply irritates them :rolleyes:

You are shooting with the wrong ammunition imo. Refusing to help her carry the chest was humiliating and rude. Poking her with a stick and throwing leaves at her are the sort of mild horseplay that happened all the time to all of them (not Britt perhaps) and did not raise even the smallest breeze of complaint.

McKeith's problem was that she had no social skills at all. On the whole the others were kind to her and tried not to discuss how awful they were obviously finding her, but it is hardly surprising that things occasionally leaked out. Her habit of making a pompous, self-righteous speech every two minutes was actually worse than her multiple phobias.

As for the forum, it is in the nature of all online forums to identify villains and give them a very hard time. Most people presumably never find out about it. I should imagine that she is not thrilled by the media coverage she has been receiving, but the last thing she is likely to do is rush to digitalspy and sign up to see if the forum members agree. I am inclined to think that any rtv contestant who browses their own threads on DS must prepare themselves for a rough ride; if they can't take it they should stay away.
  • Options
    airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    would you like if you were sleeping and someone poked you with a stick

Dunno, I'd be asleep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rest my case. Clearly, wishing death on somebody numerous times is fine if it's Gillian McKeith.

You know what, I'll have my opinion and you guys have yours.

Anybody who even attempts to defend Gillian is pounced on by the "well 'ard" DS mob :rolleyes:

No one is pouncing on you! You are the one getting aggressive just because people have a different view to yours. You have behaved in the same manner on other threads.

I think Gillian is a selfish and horrible woman who has no social skills and very little concern for ther children's feelings. If indeed anyone has issued death threats to Gillian as you claim has been done numerous times, then that is not to be condoned. I and 99.9% of the forum members would not wish her dead. We are entitled to dislike her though and her behaviour in the jungle and out of it has made it very easy to do so.

Yes you have your opinion. You like her. We get it. However, we also have our opinions and the majority don't like her, so get over it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, shouldn't have giggled at this thread :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, shouldn't have giggled at this thread :/

LOL :D:D
  • Options
    wolfman321wolfman321 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    He didn't poke her hard enough in my opinion, because she was a very malicious person !
    Only a blind person wouldn't see that aspect of her !
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brighton Babe .. I

I don't hate Gillian. Most of you do.

I voiced this opinion and some forum members were rude to me just because of this opinion. Fact.

I respect others' opinions but expect the same back.

Simpe as that. That is all I've been saying. I don't like that you decided to gloss over everything I said and turn it back on me.

I'll bid you goodbye because I don't want to continue debating with you over nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on Earth? Triple post? :o
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun wasn't bullying her, he was getting back at her for the constant nagging, and yapping in his ear all day long. trying to give her a scare.

She was not isolated. She was always on at people. must have got very tiring after a while. when you are with the same person day in day out.

I don't hate Gillian, I pity her. On her show, she would tell people they were going to die and have tomb stones made out of cake or was it a coffin. And she thinks that's accepable. making a joke out of someone who might actualy die from over eating, on a tv show.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian McKeith has done exceptionally well for herself post Im a Celebrity, therefore her strategy worked very well. She will always be seen as a Im a Celebrity hall of fame figure with a long lasting legacy. This will be the case whether the viewers of the show like it or not, as she was involved in many notorious
    incidents.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Gillian McKeith has done exceptionally well for herself post Im a Celebrity, therefore her strategy worked very well. She will always be seen as a Im a Celebrity hall of fame figure with a long lasting legacy. This will be the case whether the viewers of the show like it or not, as she was involved in many notorious
    incidents.
    I would say infamy rather figure of fame .. she sums up all that is wrong with the format.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Gillian McKeith has done exceptionally well for herself post Im a Celebrity, therefore her strategy worked very well.

She will always be seen as a Im a Celebrity hall of fame figure with a long lasting legacy.

This will be the case whether the viewers of the show like it or not, as she was involved in many notorious
    incidents.

Seriously, you really ought to take a swift reality-check here.
    In fact it's one most appearing on 'reality TV' ought to regularly take.

There is no 'legacy', no 'hall of fame' and the 'notorious incidents' are very quickly forgotten.

These people are usually very B & C list 'stars', any A listers amongst them are long past their prime.

Can you honestly show anyone that revived a career back to a point of nationwide household name status?
    Of course not, TV no longer works that way anyway (thanks to a zillion channels).
    The best you can point to is an 'oh yeah....' reminder when last years winner or contestant appears on this years show (or maybe the much less viewed ITV2 versions of the show).

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid viewer myself, when its on, but the obvious attempts by the fading has-beens - or never-quite-were micro-celeb wannabes - to revive their public appeal (such as it ever was) is one of the most amusingly deluded aspects of the whole thing, surely?

If your idea of Gillian McKeith successfully coming back is one or two appearances on daytime TV then ok, but I suspect she would find that nothing but obvious failure.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    shaun ryder poked gillian

I had a horrible picture in my mind for a minute there :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her appearance was a disaster. Everyone hates her, she's been shown up, there will be no more tv work and she may now take a look at her wierd melted face when she watches the tapes back and think 'hmm, now I know what MY face looks like when Im smellin my own sH-t'
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shaun ryder poked gillian

I had a horrible picture in my mind for a minute there :eek:

Well you had better get it out of your mind and think of something a bit more pleasant.